Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Cargo (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/cargo/)
-   -   ANC lines post 767 in HKG (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/cargo/84731-anc-lines-post-767-hkg.html)

Barnstormer 10-30-2014 08:43 AM

ANC lines post 767 in HKG
 
Have I missed it? Has anyone seen what the ANC lines are supposed to look like after the the 767 picks up the inter-Asia flying?

FDXLAG 10-30-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnstormer (Post 1755675)
Have I missed it? Has anyone seen what the ANC lines are supposed to look like after the the 767 picks up the inter-Asia flying?

There check the PFC article Bus Boeing.
https://pilot.fedex.com/m/news-compa...de/index.shtml

Curby 10-30-2014 09:28 AM

Just a Guess
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnstormer (Post 1755675)
Have I missed it? Has anyone seen what the ANC lines are supposed to look like after the the 767 picks up the inter-Asia flying?

Losing 40 pilots is going to reduce the total line count in ANC. I'm guessing that we will lose some of the longer single departure lines since there will be less intra-Asia flying. Sounds like more (or the same amount of) ANC-MEM, ANC-IND, ANC-OAK.

Adlerdriver 10-30-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnstormer (Post 1755675)
Have I missed it? Has anyone seen what the ANC lines are supposed to look like after the the 767 picks up the inter-Asia flying?

My guess is that a year or two from now the bidpack trips won’t look significantly different; some cities will just be absent. There will just be a very different mix of lines types. Fewer single departures and more multi. Lots more over to Asia and back in 3-4 days. How much HNL-SYD and Europe/Eastbound flying we have is probably a crap shoot. It definitely won’t be the commuter’s paradise (relatively speaking) it’s been for the last few years.

Since the 777 numbers are staying relatively stable, it would seem like you'll see ANC MD-11s primarily doing Pacific crossings to/from ANC.

ANC to: KIX, NRT, GUM, ICN and HKG. Back to ANC from: TPE, INC, PVG, NRT, KIX

Flying crews may do some of the reduced inter Asia after arriving in theater while others may just turn around and go back to ANC or DH to a city that flies back to ANC. RFOs will probably do what they do now (DH somewhere else or just fly back to ANC).


We'll still have the departures to the lower 48, MEM/IND and the occasional OAK. So, obviously those short three-day trips will stay. Once the dust settles on all this, they'll probably keep throwing some Europe/Middle East/Charter stuff onto a few of the MEM/IND flights for a small number of longer eastbound trips.

It seem like the much of the HNL-SYD flying has been farmed out to ANC for quite a while. Maybe that's the best rotation for the aircraft, I don't know. It seems like those flights could easily be put back into the MEM bidpack. It's easier to DH crews to HNL from ANC or LAX, so maybe we'll keep some.


CAN-DEL is an MD-11 for now after we got it from the HKG guys. BM doesn’t mention the plans for that in his system form diagram. I wonder if that will go back to the HKG guys in a 767 or stay as a MD. Probably won't be a huge factor in what happens in ANC either way.

My .02 guess.

MD10PLT 10-30-2014 01:27 PM

Definitely not going to be a fun place for a commuter, if you're in the bottom 50% or so. Expect a lot of 3-4 trips per month, back and forth to Asia, with the reduced inter-Asia flying.

Adlerdriver 10-30-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MD10PLT (Post 1755863)
Definitely not going to be a fun place for a commuter, if you're in the bottom 50% or so. Expect a lot of 3-4 trips per month, back and forth to Asia, with the reduced inter-Asia flying.

I think you just said what I said but I like yours better. You have a gift for brevity - I guess I do not. :o

OrionDriver 10-30-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MD10PLT (Post 1755863)
Definitely not going to be a fun place for a commuter, if you're in the bottom 50% or so. Expect a lot of 3-4 trips per month, back and forth to Asia, with the reduced inter-Asia flying.

Are there that many commuters there or are most of the lines held by guys who dom there? Is it still a hard place to get guys to move to?

MD10PLT 10-30-2014 07:35 PM

Don't really know the answer. I would guess about 60% are commuters.

whitekeys 10-30-2014 08:58 PM

It is important in this discussion or any other thread related to bidding HK, the term “commuter” is still contractually undefined. From the fallout of the HK housing allowance disciplinary actions, it has been established the company gets to decide who is or isn't a commuter. So, there will always be some degree of risk from accepting the housing allowance and claiming the FDA as your so-called primary/permanent residence, especially if you spend an indeterminate amount of off-duty time away from the base, own property elsewhere, or the company finds any other reason to question the legitimacy of your FDA presence. The company is still being challenged on the legality of their FDA policy, but for now, in regard to bidding an FDA and accepting the housing allowance, it's still “buyer beware.” Go out of pocket if you are married with a spouse who expects some independence, or just don't go.

iarapilot 10-30-2014 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitekeys (Post 1756079)
It is important in this discussion or any other thread related to bidding HK, the term “commuter” is still contractually undefined. From the fallout of the HK housing allowance disciplinary actions, it has been established the company gets to decide who is or isn't a commuter. So, there will always be some degree of risk from accepting the housing allowance and claiming the FDA as your so-called primary/permanent residence, especially if you spend an indeterminate amount of off-duty time away from the base, own property elsewhere, or the company finds any other reason to question the legitimacy of your FDA presence. The company is still being challenged on the legality of their FDA policy, but for now, in regard to bidding an FDA and accepting the housing allowance, it's still “buyer beware.” Go out of pocket if you are married with a spouse who expects some independence, or just don't go.


Yea, if you take the housing allowance and have a fishing license from somewhere other than HKG, you better watch out. :rolleyes:


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:12 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands