Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Posts: 397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyATM View Post
I fault the MEC leadership for not getting out in front of this and keeping the membership informed.
Not getting out in front? Hmm. Hard to do when you're the one behind it.
Fedex999999 is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 03:56 PM   #12  
Line Holder
 
Bill Kilgore's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: Huey Gunship
Posts: 61
Default

Must admit I'm tired of having to read APC to find out what's happening in our union instead of hearing directly from ALPA.
Bill Kilgore is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 08:28 PM   #13  
Organizational Learning 
Thread Starter
 
TonyC's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner
Posts: 4,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashhauler View Post

... why would the block 11 guy go through the trouble ... to charge these guys, if he didn't have a very good reason.

... I suspect the MEC guys being charged with article 8 must have done something to be charged.

You're right, they did something. They took their jobs seriously and honored their obligation to serve ALL FedEx pilots above themselves, and, acting according to the FDX ALPA MEC Policy Manual, they removed a Committee Chairman from his appointed job. We discussed this event in an earlier thread this past November (beginning here: http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/ca...ml#post1756595 ). I took care Wednesday morning to not mention his name when I posed my questions to Howie, but Howie was all too quick to mention Eissler's name in his brief response.


I do find it rather odd that he only charged 5 of the MEC members who voted for his removal, and not the other 4.






.
TonyC is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 08:35 PM   #14  
Beaches and Sand
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Beachside
Posts: 303
Default

Well said TonyC. As Usual.
kc10/c130 is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 09:47 PM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
42GO's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: MD-11 Capt
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Kilgore View Post
Must admit I'm tired of having to read APC to find out what's happening in our union instead of hearing directly from ALPA.
You are SURPRISED BY THIS.....reallly????????
42GO is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 05:10 AM   #16  
Gets Weekends Off
 
trashhauler's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: B-777
Posts: 411
Default

"They took their jobs seriously and honored their obligation to serve ALL FedEx pilots above themselves, and, acting according to the FDX ALPA MEC Policy Manual, they removed a Committee Chairman from his appointed job."

So Tony, you are saying these guys are being charged with Article 8 for doing what you said above? I find that hard to believe. I heard about the FE firing and reason for it, but how do theses guys get charged with article 8 for doing that? There has to be more to the story that you either don't know or are not telling.
trashhauler is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 09:22 AM   #17  
Organizational Learning 
Thread Starter
 
TonyC's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner
Posts: 4,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashhauler View Post

There has to be more to the story that you either don't know or are not telling.

Sure, there must be a good reason for Howie preferring Article VIII charges, and there must be something I'm not telling. I'm obviously trying to cover up the wrong-doing of the charged members.

Then why is Howie the one refusing to answer simple, direct questions? I asked him to tell us what the charges are -- in public, in front of 50 or so dues-paying members in good standing. Nothing. Wouldn't talk. Lawyered up. He won't tell us what his motivation is. He won't tell us what he thinks those people did wrong. He won't tell us what remedy -- discipline, fine, or expulsion -- he seeks. HE'S the one that needs to be answering questions, not me.


I will not be baited into attepting to divine the motivations of the former Legislative Affairs Committee Chairman, or to guess what he's trying to accomplish. After all, I don't want to be brought up on Article VIII charges for hurting someone's feelings.

It appears that he is unhappy that he was removed from his appointment, and that he believes that he was unfairly punished. (By the way, removing an appointee is not punishment.) It is obvious this is entirely politically motivated -- pure vindictiveness.

And it is obviously done with total disregard for the pilots of FedEx who deserve to be served by a well-functioning MEC. In this case, the pride and ego of a single individual is more important.



But it must be me not telling part of the story ...






.
TonyC is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 09:41 AM   #18  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 397
Default

I'm guessing 7,9,&10....
FDX28 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 10:21 AM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
trashhauler's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: B-777
Posts: 411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
Sure, there must be a good reason for Howie preferring Article VIII charges, and there must be something I'm not telling. I'm obviously trying to cover up the wrong-doing of the charged members.

Then why is Howie the one refusing to answer simple, direct questions? I asked him to tell us what the charges are -- in public, in front of 50 or so dues-paying members in good standing. Nothing. Wouldn't talk. Lawyered up. He won't tell us what his motivation is. He won't tell us what he thinks those people did wrong. He won't tell us what remedy -- discipline, fine, or expulsion -- he seeks. HE'S the one that needs to be answering questions, not me.


I will not be baited into attepting to divine the motivations of the former Legislative Affairs Committee Chairman, or to guess what he's trying to accomplish. After all, I don't want to be brought up on Article VIII charges for hurting someone's feelings.

It appears that he is unhappy that he was removed from his appointment, and that he believes that he was unfairly punished. (By the way, removing an appointee is not punishment.) It is obvious this is entirely politically motivated -- pure vindictiveness.

And it is obviously done with total disregard for the pilots of FedEx who deserve to be served by a well-functioning MEC. In this case, the pride and ego of a single individual is more important.



But it must be me not telling part of the story ...






.
Wow, calm down Tony. I'm not accusing you of anything. It sounded like to me that you were saying these guys were being charged for no other than political reasons. If that's the case, nothing will come of it. If not, then there may be merit to the charges. As for hurting to continuity and unity of our MEC, that was gone long ago. We have certain MEC members that don't play nice with others. Any way you look at this, it's not good for our pilot group to have such a dysfunctional MEC. Then again, it might be a fair representation of this pilot group
trashhauler is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 10:43 AM   #20  
Organizational Learning 
Thread Starter
 
TonyC's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner
Posts: 4,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashhauler View Post

Wow, calm down Tony. I'm not accusing you of anything. It sounded like to me that you were saying these guys were being charged for no other than political reasons. If that's the case, nothing will come of it. If not, then there may be merit to the charges. As for hurting to continuity and unity of our MEC, that was gone long ago. We have certain MEC members that don't play nice with others. Any way you look at this, it's not good for our pilot group to have such a dysfunctional MEC. Then again, it might be a fair representation of this pilot group

OK, fair enough. While I do not know the specific charges that were preferred by Howie (that's the reason I asked Howie), he said they were at the request of Eissler. (That's what Howie stated at the Joint Council Meeting.) I believe Eissler's actions are politically motivated, and were precipitated by his removal from his appointment as the chairman of an MEC standing committee. I don't know what he's accusing the 7 ALPA members of doing (that's 1 ALPA First Vice President, 5 MEC members, and 1 other pilot), but I don't think it would be happening if he were still on FDX ALPA Flight Pay Loss instead of flying an airplane on Christmas Day.

We agree on the other stuff.






.
TonyC is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Size-Based Compensation flapshalfspeed Major 58 03-10-2015 03:05 PM
AA Remaining furloughee analysis? Acroflyer32 American 85 02-06-2014 12:10 AM
Interesting Perspective on PS/TPA Negotiation Regularguy United 57 03-12-2012 05:46 PM
the gojet/TSA history lesson skippy GoJet 4 05-11-2009 09:55 PM
A call for action by all FDX pilots CaptMidnight Cargo 52 04-26-2009 06:49 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:12 AM.