Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Charter (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/charter/)
-   -   Swift Air - The truth (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/charter/116014-swift-air-truth.html)

TiredSoul 07-07-2019 01:19 PM

Hoping for seems to be the recurring sentiments....

roflcopter 07-07-2019 01:21 PM


Originally Posted by Jeff90 (Post 2849036)
My class 50% got IWA and 50% got Mia no home basing, some of us are hoping to hold home based with this upgrade bid that just came out. Iím hoping for August home based. Mia Schedules are pretty commutable with decent days off but I like more days off in a row if I can get it.

Did everyone get what they wanted out of MIA or IWA? Or did some MIA people end up stuck in IWA? I'm just trying to figure out if there is a chance of getting stuck in IWA when you live in MIA or do they give you the base of choice of what's open? Did you do all your sims in MIA after the two weeks in GSO or did people get stuck in LAS for that too? I live in South Florida which is why I'm asking.

mexipilot84 07-07-2019 01:36 PM


Originally Posted by roflcopter (Post 2849065)
Did everyone get what they wanted out of MIA or IWA? Or did some MIA people end up stuck in IWA? I'm just trying to figure out if there is a chance of getting stuck in IWA when you live in MIA or do they give you the base of choice of what's open? Did you do all your sims in MIA after the two weeks in GSO or did people get stuck in LAS for that too? I live in South Florida which is why I'm asking.



Anyone that wanted MIA got it. Some west coast guys got IWA and a couple of guys that wanted home base got MIA. With the upgrades most coming from home basing will open slots for those guys to move. I think 4 FOs are starting upgrade class this week.

roflcopter 07-07-2019 01:46 PM


Originally Posted by mexipilot84 (Post 2849073)
Anyone that wanted MIA got it. Some west coast guys got IWA and a couple of guys that wanted home base got MIA. With the upgrades most coming from home basing will open slots for those guys to move. I think 4 FOs are starting upgrade class this week.

Will that be the make up for the next few classes as well? Everyone wanting MIA gets MIA moving into the future? I know they got the DHL contract from IWA so just wondering. Are all the upgrades going to MIA as well?

mexipilot84 07-07-2019 03:59 PM


Originally Posted by roflcopter (Post 2849077)
Will that be the make up for the next few classes as well? Everyone wanting MIA gets MIA moving into the future? I know they got the DHL contract from IWA so just wondering. Are all the upgrades going to MIA as well?



IWA and MIA only. No home base upgrades

roflcopter 07-07-2019 04:11 PM


Originally Posted by mexipilot84 (Post 2849136)
IWA and MIA only. No home base upgrades

What about the new hire FOs, is MIA going to fill up where people in fall classes end up going to IWA because of the IWA growth or will everyone that wants MIA as a new hire FO still be able to get it?

TiredSoul 07-07-2019 09:00 PM

This ^^^
On any given flight there are 26 people that determine if youíre going to push on time.
22 of which are paid minimum wage by contracting companies that are the lowest bidder.
Therefore your problem is not their problem as they donít have a dog in the fight.
Iíve literally been told by a ground handler: ď I donít work for Swift I work for Swissport and nobody called for a tug so thereís no tugĒ.
Yes, really.....on a scheduled charter that goes at the same time every day and has been for the last 3 years.
Iíve also waited for fuel for 1.5 hrs on a pop up charter where Iím guessing somebody at Swift Ops didnít think we needed fuel for a flight from Miami to somewhere NE corner.

This is what grinds away at you working for Swift.
Flying an antique 73 in the Caribbean is some of the most beautiful flying youíll do in your career and down low even the -300 is a beast but itís all the stupid bs thatís just like sandpaper on your soul.

mexipilot84 07-07-2019 09:59 PM


Originally Posted by roflcopter (Post 2849141)
What about the new hire FOs, is MIA going to fill up where people in fall classes end up going to IWA because of the IWA growth or will everyone that wants MIA as a new hire FO still be able to get it?



MIA is junior, it always has been. IWA is senior with occasional openings hereís and there.

mexipilot84 07-07-2019 10:06 PM


Originally Posted by randomroute (Post 2849149)
Oh no no no, I think I confused you bud. We aren't waiting because the customer wants us to wait...we wait because our ground handling sucks.

We wait because are planes are constantly broken down.

We wait because the bags need to be balanced to be in CG.

We wait for hours because we have no approved GenDec for a flight that was scheduled months in advance.

We wait because our OCC is made up of 10 people on a good day. Our customers are ready to riot everyday.

We do scheduled flying here. We are chartering the aircraft.



Theres alot of BS here that a simple hourly wage increase wont fix.Time on the ground is money lost.



Man then you got some bad luck apparently. Yíall need a holy water bath or something. Somehow you and tired soul here have had everything under the sun happen to yíall. May the force be with you.

TikkleMe 07-08-2019 02:47 AM


Originally Posted by mexipilot84 (Post 2849243)
Man then you got some bad luck apparently. Yíall need a holy water bath or something. Somehow you and tired soul here have had everything under the sun happen to yíall. May the force be with you.


Passive-aggressive sarcasm?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:21 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands