Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List
Blueridge877

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2016, 10:55 AM   #1521  
Line Holder
 
Nohope's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2011
Posts: 49
Default

The new hires are very optimistic on their post. That being said, the last year has not been as bad as in the past. The best advise I can give (being at Omni more than a year) is to assume you will fly day one of your eighteen. Sit in a hotel sixteen days, then fly your last day. Deadhead after the flight to get you home so no overtime is paid. If it doesn't work that way every flight hour or day home is a bonus. Some folks do break guarantee, but you can not count on any overtime.
Nohope is offline  
Old 03-17-2016, 01:06 PM   #1522  
Gets Weekends Off
 
NCR757dxr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Posts: 588
Default

Who is Omni using in Montreal to bring 846AX on-line and pull 918AX out of the fleet? Noticed they are both now sitting in YMX?
NCR757dxr is offline  
Old 03-17-2016, 03:24 PM   #1523  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green
Posts: 4,252
Default

C check on 846 and removing interior from 918 and transferring it to 846.
Packrat is offline  
Old 03-17-2016, 06:27 PM   #1524  
Line Holder
 
obob866's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: Front seat window washer
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
C check on 846 and removing interior from 918 and transferring it to 846.
Boy pack rat sure knows a lot, must be the CEO or DO.
obob866 is offline  
Old 03-18-2016, 01:53 AM   #1525  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FL450's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Thrill Seat
Posts: 467
Default

People wonder why our management is so hush about new stuff because everything gets told on public forums, example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCR757dxr View Post
Who is Omni using in Montreal to bring 846AX on-line and pull 918AX out of the fleet? Noticed they are both now sitting in YMX?
^^^^ not affiliated with Omni
Quote:
I've always been a watcher of Omni from the outside
vvvvv. Is affiliated with Omni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
C check on 846 and removing interior from 918 and transferring it to 846.

��
FL450 is offline  
Old 03-18-2016, 05:48 AM   #1526  
Gets Weekends Off
 
NCR757dxr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Posts: 588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL450 View Post
People wonder why our management is so hush about new stuff because everything gets told on public forums, example:



^^^^ not affiliated with Omni
Why does it matter? Really? I asked a simple question. What are you the keeper of the Omni Book of Code? Nothing asked is SSI or not found out on the internet anyway. Really dude, chill out. I mean I know it must get boring sitting in a hotel, chasing an airplane but don't take it out on me just because you are upset. I asked a simple question based on observation and curiosity and thankfully I initially got a proper reply to said question. Nothing more, nothing less. This is the PUBLIC forum where participants DO NOT need to be affiliated with the company they are posting about. I don't come on the private Omni forum posting things nor do I claim employment at Omni.

Most every ACMI airline is hush about stuff due to the fluid nature that contracts might not pan out or etc.... not just Omni.

And before you flame me for my last comment with something along the lines of "what are you a watcher of others as well" or something, the answer is yes due to fact I've worked in the ACMI world and it's intriguing to keep tabs to see potential growth which leads to potential hiring. Nothing more.
NCR757dxr is offline  
Old 03-18-2016, 12:00 PM   #1527  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Window Seat
Posts: 1,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCR757dxr View Post
Why does it matter? Really? I asked a simple question. What are you the keeper of the Omni Book of Code? Nothing asked is SSI or not found out on the internet anyway. Really dude, chill out. I mean I know it must get boring sitting in a hotel, chasing an airplane but don't take it out on me just because you are upset. I asked a simple question based on observation and curiosity and thankfully I initially got a proper reply to said question. Nothing more, nothing less. This is the PUBLIC forum where participants DO NOT need to be affiliated with the company they are posting about. I don't come on the private Omni forum posting things nor do I claim employment at Omni.

Most every ACMI airline is hush about stuff due to the fluid nature that contracts might not pan out or etc.... not just Omni.

And before you flame me for my last comment with something along the lines of "what are you a watcher of others as well" or something, the answer is yes due to fact I've worked in the ACMI world and it's intriguing to keep tabs to see potential growth which leads to potential hiring. Nothing more.
I'm gonna "flame" you on his behalf by noting that you're very sensitive and taking his comment entirely out of context.
aviatorhi is offline  
Old 03-18-2016, 12:08 PM   #1528  
Gets Weekends Off
 
NCR757dxr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Posts: 588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatorhi View Post
I'm gonna "flame" you on his behalf by noting that you're very sensitive and taking his comment entirely out of context.
Actually not really. He did it the last time I posted on APC about Omni as well. Scroll back a few pages.
NCR757dxr is offline  
Old 03-18-2016, 10:54 PM   #1529  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Position: Six feet under
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushingTin View Post
The Standards Captain is the laughing stock of the training department and is a real tool. The dude likes to try and fart on you when you are in the sim or cockpit. He has no business being the Standards Captain. The Chief Pilot is also a tool and will step on any pilot he can! THANK GOD THE FLEET MANAGERS ARE COMPETENT!
Looks like a new class of employees at Omni recently said the Chief Pilot needs to step on a latter to address the class instead of stepping on pilots.
Billybats is offline  
Old 03-18-2016, 10:56 PM   #1530  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green
Posts: 4,252
Default

Whats a "latter"?
Packrat is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Omni Air crimson tide Cargo 37 11-05-2009 02:01 PM
Mesa issues shutdown schedule for Air Midwest multipilot Regional 17 05-20-2008 04:44 AM
Omni Air throttlejockey Hiring News 3 10-08-2005 07:34 PM
Text of Air France conversation with tower Sir James Hangar Talk 0 08-04-2005 05:31 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:30 PM.