Notices
Charter Part 121 pax charter airlines

Omni Air

Old 09-19-2023, 07:10 AM
  #4081  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 75
Default

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
I'm not blocked. I may be on your ignore list, but I'm hardly blocked.

If you were at Omni for three days, you were not teaching a groundschool class, nor were you instructing in a simulator. You may have been a trainee, first auditing a ground school or getting trained to instruct at Omni, but if you were there for the three days you claim, you were not an instructor. Your first lie.

This was a year ago, so September, 2022? You, and two (or three) other "instructors" quit, didi you? All of you had three days employment experience with the company?

"Three of the four instructors who were qualified?" You mean there instructors who weren't qualified? You're sure you want to stand by that story?

An instructor signed himself off for a recurrent? You've got records to back that up, of course. Don't you? You really have been a benevolent soul, not running to the FAA with your plethora of dirt that you dug up in just three days of not instructing.

You stayed up late helping others get through their online training? It's individual training. Students are supposed to do that themselves, aren't they? It's timed, and students must spend a minimum amount of time getting through the courses? Yes? How did you "help them," exactly? Sit with them and listen to the material alongside them? Feed them answers (that would be cheating, wouldn't it)? Log in alongside them and try to reduce the amount of time they spent (that would be cheating too, wouldn't it)? How did staying up late with a student who is watching videos online, help the student? Were you the coffee maker?

Omni instructors don't do that, do they? Of course not, but then...you weren't actually an Omni instructor. What were you, exactly? Be truthful. You can say "trainee." It doesn't hurt as much as you might think.

You say that you "didn't want to be a part of that." You didn't want to be a part of staying up late with students, or helping them cheat? Omni instructors aren't a part of either, so what was your role again there, captain?

The tale you're telling isn't really possible, is it? Too bad I'm "blocked." You've a lot to answer. Shame that you can't. Shame's on you.
someone should do a wellness check on hopp. ^That was an absolute beat down.
Buster1 is offline  
Old 09-21-2023, 06:57 AM
  #4082  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 28
Default Current CJO for 10/3 class

Longtime lurker, donít post very much. 757/767 type rated and am looking for an update on the current situation with OAI. I have offers from all 3 ATSG companies and am trying to decide which one to accept for the 10/3 class. Currently leaning towards Omni because Iím prior military and am interested in their flying but was aware of what happened with one of the previous classes being let go while I was at my previous employer. Any current info would be greatly appreciated, TIA.
Dburg30 is online now  
Old 09-21-2023, 07:28 AM
  #4083  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jan 2023
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by Dburg30 View Post
Longtime lurker, donít post very much. 757/767 type rated and am looking for an update on the current situation with OAI. I have offers from all 3 ATSG companies and am trying to decide which one to accept for the 10/3 class. Currently leaning towards Omni because Iím prior military and am interested in their flying but was aware of what happened with one of the previous classes being let go while I was at my previous employer. Any current info would be greatly appreciated, TIA.
Omni by long shot if you had to chose between the 3 atsg companies. I have friends and myself who work for all 3, and once you join one of them, you cant switch to another ATSG brand due to some agreement they have with eachother. Contract wise, Omni tops them all as of now. Regarding the guys who were let go, the person who made that call is no longer here. Those that were let go just prior to thier ride got paid the whole time and brought back within 2 months. I dont forsee that happening again.
Deviate10L is offline  
Old 09-21-2023, 07:59 AM
  #4084  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Mar 2023
Posts: 20
Default

Originally Posted by Deviate10L View Post
Omni by long shot if you had to chose between the 3 atsg companies. I have friends and myself who work for all 3, and once you join one of them, you cant switch to another ATSG brand due to some agreement they have with eachother. Contract wise, Omni tops them all as of now. Regarding the guys who were let go, the person who made that call is no longer here. Those that were let go just prior to thier ride got paid the whole time and brought back within 2 months. I dont forsee that happening again.
Seconding this.
Overlander is offline  
Old 09-22-2023, 05:43 PM
  #4085  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2015
Posts: 398
Default maxing out the 777 range ?

It seems like Omni doesnít really work the 777 to itís max potential in terms of range - why?
for example, coming from, letís say, the Middle East, it typically stops in Eastern Europe, followed by the British isles (we all know the exact places but Iím trying to be discrete) before hopping the pond. The airplane could easily do that in 2 legs maybe even 1 sometimes. Why all the stops?
is it because the FAs donít have proper rest bunks like the major airlines??
Or some other reason Iím not thinking of? The only time is does 14+ hours is ferry flights; whereas the majors frequently use their 777s on live flights of that length ..
Mr Rumbold is offline  
Old 09-22-2023, 10:03 PM
  #4086  
Disinterested Third Party
 
Joined APC: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,400
Default

Because Omni is a charter airline, perhaps Omni is doing what the client wants.
JohnBurke is offline  
Old 09-23-2023, 11:06 AM
  #4087  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cujo665's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...
Posts: 3,047
Default

Originally Posted by Mr Rumbold View Post
It seems like Omni doesnít really work the 777 to itís max potential in terms of range - why?
for example, coming from, letís say, the Middle East, it typically stops in Eastern Europe, followed by the British isles (we all know the exact places but Iím trying to be discrete) before hopping the pond. The airplane could easily do that in 2 legs maybe even 1 sometimes. Why all the stops?
is it because the FAs donít have proper rest bunks like the major airlines??
Or some other reason Iím not thinking of? The only time is does 14+ hours is ferry flights; whereas the majors frequently use their 777s on live flights of that length ..
most charter airlines generally do as the customer says.
Cujo665 is offline  
Old 09-23-2023, 01:06 PM
  #4088  
Line Holder
 
blackbox's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: FO
Posts: 84
Default

Originally Posted by Deviate10L View Post
Omni by long shot if you had to chose between the 3 atsg companies. I have friends and myself who work for all 3, and once you join one of them, you cant switch to another ATSG brand due to some agreement they have with eachother. Contract wise, Omni tops them all as of now. Regarding the guys who were let go, the person who made that call is no longer here. Those that were let go just prior to thier ride got paid the whole time and brought back within 2 months. I dont forsee that happening again.

The part of: ďRegarding the guys who were let go, the person who made that call is no longer here.Ē Thatís 100% not true. Heís the president now. AL and SF did not make that decision, at all.
blackbox is offline  
Old 09-23-2023, 04:17 PM
  #4089  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Mar 2023
Posts: 4
Default Oct. 18 Class

Anyone in the October 18 class that would like to join a WhatsApp group please send me a PM.
FlyWinter is offline  
Old 09-24-2023, 09:43 AM
  #4090  
Gets Weekends Off
 
hopp's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2022
Position: Wandering
Posts: 151
Default

Originally Posted by Mr Rumbold View Post
It seems like Omni doesnít really work the 777 to itís max potential in terms of range - why?
for example, coming from, letís say, the Middle East, it typically stops in Eastern Europe, followed by the British isles (we all know the exact places but Iím trying to be discrete) before hopping the pond. The airplane could easily do that in 2 legs maybe even 1 sometimes. Why all the stops?
is it because the FAs donít have proper rest bunks like the major airlines??
Or some other reason Iím not thinking of? The only time is does 14+ hours is ferry flights; whereas the majors frequently use their 777s on live flights of that length ..
I would guess itís because they have only 180 minute ETOPS authorization.
hopp is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
crimson tide
Cargo
37
11-05-2009 01:01 PM
multipilot
Regional
17
05-20-2008 03:44 AM
throttlejockey
Hiring News
3
10-08-2005 06:34 PM
Sir James
Hangar Talk
0
08-04-2005 04:31 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread