Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Charter (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/charter/)
-   -   Omni Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/charter/57113-omni-air.html)

clipperskipper 02-19-2011 11:04 AM

Omni Air
 
Just curious if anyone has gotten the call from Omni Air?

captjns 02-19-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clipperskipper (Post 950464)
Just curious if anyone has gotten the call from Omni Air?

I did... from the DC-10 Fleet Mgr. Spoke to him a few weeks ago to set up an interview. Tried to get him last week... But alas no return calls from him. Good luck with your quest. Spoke to a friend I used to fly with in a former life, and the smell of job action is in the air.

DC8DRIVER 02-19-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captjns (Post 950508)
I did... from the DC-10 Fleet Mgr. Spoke to him a few weeks ago to set up an interview. Tried to get him last week... But alas no return calls from him. Good luck with your quest. Spoke to a friend I used to fly with in a former life, and the smell of job action is in the air.

Omni interviewed 5 this week. 4 were invited to class. Hiring into both the DC10 and the 75/76. 10 class early Mar. 75/6 class late Mar.

If you get the call, the job is yours to lose. Sometimes that happens. Otherwise, flight department seems to be very pro-applicant. They are all pilots and if they called you, they want you.

8

gearcrankr 02-20-2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER (Post 950576)
Omni interviewed 5 this week. 4 were invited to class. Hiring into both the DC10 and the 75/76. 10 class early Mar. 75/6 class late Mar.

If you get the call, the job is yours to lose. Sometimes that happens. Otherwise, flight department seems to be very pro-applicant. They are all pilots and if they called you, they want you.

8

Encouraging news. Thanks for the update,this unemployment sh1t is getting old... Any info on a hiring total? How about attrition?

Laxrox43 02-20-2011 09:28 AM

Flight time requirements
 
I meet all of their requirements except I am about 100 hours shy of the PIC requirement. Are they sticklers about that?

I also might be able to get a LOR. Would a LOR help my chances?

clipperskipper 02-20-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laxrox43 (Post 950919)
I meet all of their requirements except I am about 100 hours shy of the PIC requirement. Are they sticklers about that?

I also might be able to get a LOR. Would a LOR help my chances?

An LOR should help your score. You all set with long haul international and glass experience?

SurferLucas 02-20-2011 04:13 PM

Sent in a resume lastnight and hopefully have a LOR with a friend there...don't have long haul international, but have international experience and tons of glass time.

Omni seems like it might be a fun operation :)

dc10pilot 02-20-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurferLucas (Post 951207)
Sent in a resume lastnight and hopefully have a LOR with a friend there...don't have long haul international, but have international experience and tons of glass time.

Omni seems like it might be a fun operation :)

"fun operation" ?? - no it is a job we take seriously

clipperskipper 02-20-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc10pilot (Post 951275)
"fun operation" ?? - no it is a job we take seriously

Fun, as in one of B6's five core values. We all take our flying jobs seriously, and most of the time we have fun doing it. It's not like your trapped on the tenth floor of a burning building, relax.

DC8DRIVER 02-20-2011 06:40 PM

I'm not sure they need glass experience because they are hiring into the 10 as well as the 75/6. I would think long haul and/or heavy experience would be more valuable.
I would guess that they are flexible on the hours, but you may be right seat for longer that way.
I have no idea about hiring numbers, but they did say that there has been a lot of attrition and I believe that means they will be hiring several classes.
Also, I'm pretty sure that a recommendation is REALLY helpful.

8


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:51 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands