Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2014, 05:28 AM   #101  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2014
Position: B-767
Posts: 125
Default

Some of you guys really need to grow up. Wanting to be treated like a professional, then mocking others who use (waste?) their precious free time to help the group at 5Y. Sad.
White Cap is offline  
Old 09-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #102  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2009
Posts: 560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR8Dog7 View Post
OK lets see, one is a dead link (Target2016.com), Myatlasunion.com has NO names of who is on the slate, And the fanciest web page is by a guy that was fired from the company for smoking dope!


Oh boy you guys are sure to get a great contract this time for sure!!!
Really? Since you seem to know the facts about "that guy who smoked dope", why don't you share the details with us? Like, where is he currently working since his conviction? How much time did he spend in jail? Did the urine collection agency get a big bonus for catching this guy?

What a joke. You need to get your facts straight before making false statements like this.

Last edited by JonnyKnoxville; 09-09-2014 at 10:01 AM.
JonnyKnoxville is offline  
Old 09-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #103  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 20
Default

there are four guys who would know the facts. the alleged perpetrator. the previous tec chairman and two guys who are also running for exco who were stewarts back then. since the alleged perp is suing the former tec chair,,,or he was,,, and since he is not likely to tell the truth, where should we go for the facts?
crapgame is offline  
Old 09-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #104  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2009
Posts: 560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapgame View Post
there are four guys who would know the facts. the alleged perpetrator. the previous tec chairman and two guys who are also running for exco who were stewarts back then. since the alleged perp is suing the former tec chair,,,or he was,,, and since he is not likely to tell the truth, where should we go for the facts?
The Chief Administrative Law Judge of the NTSB took a look at the facts as he is paid to do. Although he did not make your list of four, he had reviewed all information pertaining to this subject and somehow his opinion on the facts seems to hold more weight that the four people on your list.

Ultimately, the fact remains that the pilot you are referring to had all his licenses returned within months of a botched test, was reinstated and had full back pay issued by order of the Federal Government.

Further, Atlas Air had to show remedial actions to the FAA in order to maintain compliance and keep their air carrier certificate and to top it all off, the collector involved in the testing, was the first in the history of the program to undergo a Public Interest Exclusion proceeding where by the DOT de-certified him as a collector.

That event, as difficult as it was for this pilot you are referring to and his family, resulted in protections that were not previously in place for our pilots. He went on to upgrade as a Captain. In addition, he had stepped up to serve our membership as a Steward and now as a candidate for Executive Council Chairman.

I personally thank him for fighting the good fight on this issue.
JonnyKnoxville is offline  
Old 09-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #105  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 20
Default

so I guess you know too - even though you were not here at the time. did he test positive or not? I heard the test was botched by george the collecter guy,,, but that it was as you say a technicality, not a false positive or something like that. it does seem weird that all of these things seem to happen to one guy. how much did the union have to pay to get his job back because he kept interfering with the process? are we talking about the same guy? guy that sued the former tec chairman? guy who hsa a tile cleaning fetish? guy who just got written up by his whole crew? seems like when there is smoke there is fire too. right?
crapgame is offline  
Old 09-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #106  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Posts: 542
Default

Seems to me like a Johnny come lately ...............................

"crapgame
New Hire
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 5"

knows more than the "The Chief Administrative Law Judge of the NTSB".

I smell "crap"!
Whale Driver is offline  
Old 09-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #107  
Gets Weekends Off
 
744driver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: B767 CA
Posts: 1,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale Driver View Post
Seems to me like a Johnny come lately ...............................

"crapgame
New Hire
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 5"

knows more than the "The Chief Administrative Law Judge of the NTSB".

I smell "crap"!
May be he is in the know...just like some of the others. his recent membership does not make his points any less valid...I am sure knoxville is in the know as well, but because he's been on this site a bit longer (as have I!!) doesn't validate knoxville's (or mine!!) arguments.

Do your homework and vote what your gut tells you...
744driver is offline  
Old 09-09-2014, 03:47 PM   #108  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2009
Posts: 560
Default

The bottom line is that Crapgame may think he knows more than anyone else or he may actually know more than the judge that ruled this case but Crapgame's opinion does not matter and the judge's opinion did. That distinction is pretty important.

I find it humorous that the people who attack the guy who ALWAYS wins and ALWAYS gets his way when he is up against the company are the same people that also seem to support the group that has been unable to get anything accomplished.

It is pretty simple really:

If you like the way things are, vote for the incumbent.

If you like your current CBA, vote for the guy who signed it.

If you want to try a different approach, vote for the guy that ALWAYS wins and ALWAYS gets what he wants when he is up against the company.

Last edited by JonnyKnoxville; 09-09-2014 at 03:59 PM.
JonnyKnoxville is offline  
Old 09-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #109  
O.T. Freight Dog
 
Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: Former 747 Captain
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyKnoxville View Post
The bottom line is that Crapgame may think he knows more than anyone else or he may actually know more than the judge that ruled this case but Crapgame's opinion does not matter and the judge's opinion did. That distinction is pretty important.

I find it humorous that the same people who attack the guy who ALWAYS wins and ALWAYS gets his way when he is up against the company are the same people that also seem to support the group that has been unable to get anything accomplished.

It is pretty simple really:

If you like the way things are, vote for the incumbent.

If you like your current CBA, vote for the guy who signed it.

If you want to try a different approach, vote for the guy that ALWAYS wins and ALWAYS gets what he wants when he is up against the company.

And O.J. got off also! On technicalities!! Just like he did!

Ask your good buddy how the new hire that he gave advise to as a steward after his run in with the police turned out for the new hire!
FR8Dog7 is offline  
Old 09-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #110  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
worldfr8dog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Exploring the world, oh yeah and I fly big planes!
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyKnoxville View Post

It is pretty simple really:

If you like the way things are, vote for the incumbent.

If you like your current CBA, vote for the guy who signed it.
Honest question but would you mind elaborating how voting for the incumbent would lead to the same thing as we have now? The slate has some variety, surely one guy won't mean thing will remain the same?
worldfr8dog is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Atlas Mega-Thread Reference Thread MaroonBaboon Hiring News 3 01-18-2013 06:31 PM
Atlas and World F15andMD11 Cargo 18 03-03-2010 04:37 PM
Amerijet STRIKE! capto Cargo 480 01-22-2010 07:29 PM
Atlas Shrugged jungle Money Talk 48 12-28-2009 11:11 AM
Polar MEC Chair Message Freighter Captain Cargo 0 09-24-2005 08:50 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:55 AM.