Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2018, 04:15 PM   #1  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 8
Default Canadian Pilots at CommutAir

Hello,

I just spoke with a recruiter at CommutAir and received confirmation that they are sponsoring Canadian pilots with the H1B visa.

(questions copy-pasted from my other thread on AWI subforum)

I'm wondering if there are any Canadians here who have recently been through the process to answer a couple questions:

1) How long did it take to get the visa approved?
2) Do you need to convert to FAA licenses or does the ATP ride get you the license?
3) Projected upgrade times for someone with 0 FAA 121 time?
4) Has anyone gotten a green card through CommutAir? Is it possible? If so, how long does it take?

Thanks!
pilotehhh is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 06:42 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotehhh View Post
2) Do you need to convert to FAA licenses or does the ATP ride get you the license?

Thanks!
I donít know about the rest, but from a previous life I can answer #2. If you met all the ATP requirements you can take and then receive an US ATP check based on a foreign license. This can be combined with your TYPE check. It requires some extra paperwork you can find here.

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certifi..._verification/
marshal is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 05:40 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2011
Posts: 360
Default

If Commutair expects you to be approved for an H-1B visa as a regional airline pilot this would represent a seismic shift as pilots have generally not been considered eligible for H-1B visas. An H-1B is for a "specialty occupation" that requires a bachelor's degree, and most airlines do not require a bachelor's degree
BrewCity is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 06:01 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCity View Post
If Commutair expects you to be approved for an H-1B visa as a regional airline pilot this would represent a seismic shift as pilots have generally not been considered eligible for H-1B visas. An H-1B is for a "specialty occupation" that requires a bachelor's degree, and most airlines do not require a bachelor's degree
I donít know any specifics, but we have at least one pilot here on a sponsored visa, from Australia. Really good guy. He told us that SkyWest and CommutAir are both offering the visas.
v1valarob is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 07:36 AM   #5  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2016
Position: jungle jet
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1valarob View Post
I donít know any specifics, but we have at least one pilot here on a sponsored visa, from Australia. Really good guy. He told us that SkyWest and CommutAir are both offering the visas.
Different visa.

Australian pilots are eligible for E-3 visas, as part of a bilateral free trade agreement.
c402fr8er is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 07:39 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2011
Posts: 360
Default

As previously mentioned by c402fr8er Australians are under the E3 visa which is far less stringent but is only available to Australians.
BrewCity is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 09:38 AM   #7  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 8
Default

AWI is sponsoring Canadians for the H1B and has already done so for a cohort of Canadian pilots last year. I just talked to one of the recruiters here and they said they are working on a similar program and added my name to a list and will get back to me.

I have a Canadian university degree, so I believe I would qualify for the H1B
pilotehhh is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 11:28 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotehhh View Post
AWI is sponsoring Canadians for the H1B and has already done so for a cohort of Canadian pilots last year. I just talked to one of the recruiters here and they said they are working on a similar program and added my name to a list and will get back to me.

I have a Canadian university degree, so I believe I would qualify for the H1B
I think they are saying the job position has to require a bachelor's degree. Not if you have one or not.

Good luck and hope u get to join the crew.
Bgood is online now  
Old 03-01-2018, 06:02 AM   #9  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 1
Default

CommutAir is NOT sponsoring any pilots on the H1-B visa. They only sponsor Australian Pilots on the E3 visa. There is not a program or any list to be added to. I think whoever posted this everywhere did not get all the details and jumped the gun before getting all the details.
CommutAir is offline  
Old 03-01-2018, 09:40 AM   #10  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommutAir View Post
CommutAir is NOT sponsoring any pilots on the H1-B visa. They only sponsor Australian Pilots on the E3 visa. There is not a program or any list to be added to. I think whoever posted this everywhere did not get all the details and jumped the gun before getting all the details.
I was told that the company is actively working on sponsorship programs and that I will be kept updated.

So you guys are not going to do it? I'm confused.
Is this an official account?

Edit: sorry, I just realized that I implied that CommutAir was handing out H1B's ... I copy pasted the post from another thread on the AWI forum because AWI said they were doing the H1B. I tried to edit the original post but cannot figure out how, my apologies.

Last edited by pilotehhh; 03-01-2018 at 10:02 AM.
pilotehhh is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delta Hiring News WARich Delta 10772 Yesterday 05:04 PM
CommutAir Rumors and Info Crawl CommutAir 5313 09-23-2019 07:11 AM
Delta Snap Up SpecialTracking United 158 06-21-2019 03:59 PM
West Merger Committee 12/4 update cactiboss American 114 12-11-2015 07:54 PM
Junior at NW/DL? Here's some CPS flowdown info. JungleBus Major 121 12-20-2008 04:13 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:51 AM.