Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2019, 08:41 PM   #1171  
Gets Weekends Off
 
flyboy94's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: FO
Posts: 162
Default

Do you think that they aren’t worried about pilots leaving because they plan on merging us with another TSH company?
flyboy94 is offline  
Old 11-23-2019, 08:01 AM   #1172  
Perennial Reserve
 
Excargodog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 6,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy94 View Post
Do you think that they aren’t worried about pilots leaving because they plan on merging us with another TSH company?

I wouldn’t think so. TSA is offering $60K hiring bonuses for FOs and $50K for DECs to fly E-145s while GoJet is offering $20k signing bonuses for FOs. Seems like they’d keep all the pilots they could if that were an option. My guess is that they hope to get more jets/flying but it will be less than the Delta and they’d like the most senior (ie., expensive) guys to move along to avoid displacement costs while keeping the cheaper personnel.

But who knows..?
Excargodog is offline  
Old 11-23-2019, 09:15 AM   #1173  
Gets Weekends Off
 
pitchattitude's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy94 View Post
Do you think that they aren’t worried about pilots leaving because they plan on merging us with another TSH company?
Even at a company like TSH, there is really no advantage to shuffling pilots between the companies. No common certificate and types so no savings to do so. They may get a “known” verses off the street, but there are expenses of moving, lost productivity (unless REALLY excess pilots) and paying at a higher longevity with the company. Then you have to deal with the whole seniority issue.
pitchattitude is offline  
Old 11-23-2019, 10:44 AM   #1174  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FlytheSky's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2015
Posts: 443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
To my homies who came to compass and failed lol, love y'all

https://kapwi.ng/c/fDNycwYs
True story. I was hired in 2015 at LAX, and the day after my Widget interview and I was waiting to find out if I'd either get a job there or be banned for life from there (no pressure at all, right?), I got my surprise captain line check. Ungodly early show time.

LAX sends us to depart the south side because it was so early despite us flying to the north. I think "great, let's single engine taxi the crap out of this" and everything is going great. Call to "MW" (aka start 2) and once we start it get a bleed fail. Great. Coordinate with ground to pull off to the side to run the QRH. Run the QRH and it clears once we turn it off and back on. Run the mechanical irregularity action chart, and looks like we're good to go, just put it in the logbook before we land.

After climbing though 10,000, the LCA looks at me and says "hey, can I see the QRH again?" He looks at it then says "oh, see this line? Yeah, what you did used to be kosher but now we've changed the maintenance procedures so you actually would have needed to taxi back to the gate to get MX to look at it, so this airplane isn't airworthy." I couldn't believe it. Visions of suddenly being a Compass lifer flashed through my mind as I thought I'd have to beg for my job.

Fortunately the LCA then says (after I'd stopped breathing for a bit) "don't worry about it. I missed it, too, so this would be on me as well. Let's just write it up when we get to our destination." The only bigger relief I felt was when Widget called a couple weeks later and said that I was cleared to go there!

Keep up the fight, my Compass brothers and sisters, and I hope all of you end up on your feet somewhere with a twinkle in your eyes and memes on your phones!
FlytheSky is offline  
Old 11-23-2019, 11:25 AM   #1175  
Gets Weekends Off
 
BobbyLeeSwagger's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee
Posts: 1,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlytheSky View Post
True story. I was hired in 2015 at LAX, and the day after my Widget interview and I was waiting to find out if I'd either get a job there or be banned for life from there (no pressure at all, right?), I got my surprise captain line check. Ungodly early show time.

LAX sends us to depart the south side because it was so early despite us flying to the north. I think "great, let's single engine taxi the crap out of this" and everything is going great. Call to "MW" (aka start 2) and once we start it get a bleed fail. Great. Coordinate with ground to pull off to the side to run the QRH. Run the QRH and it clears once we turn it off and back on. Run the mechanical irregularity action chart, and looks like we're good to go, just put it in the logbook before we land.

After climbing though 10,000, the LCA looks at me and says "hey, can I see the QRH again?" He looks at it then says "oh, see this line? Yeah, what you did used to be kosher but now we've changed the maintenance procedures so you actually would have needed to taxi back to the gate to get MX to look at it, so this airplane isn't airworthy." I couldn't believe it. Visions of suddenly being a Compass lifer flashed through my mind as I thought I'd have to beg for my job.

Fortunately the LCA then says (after I'd stopped breathing for a bit) "don't worry about it. I missed it, too, so this would be on me as well. Let's just write it up when we get to our destination." The only bigger relief I felt was when Widget called a couple weeks later and said that I was cleared to go there!

Keep up the fight, my Compass brothers and sisters, and I hope all of you end up on your feet somewhere with a twinkle in your eyes and memes on your phones!
I enjoyed that.. That's like everyone's nightmare. Kudos to the LCA who kept a clear head and didn't blow it out of proportion.
BobbyLeeSwagger is offline  
Old 11-24-2019, 10:44 AM   #1176  
Line Holder
 
xGearSlingerx's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
I enjoyed that.. That's like everyone's nightmare. Kudos to the LCA who kept a clear head and didn't blow it out of proportion.
The vast majority of our LCA are great folks. Nothing but very positive experiences.
xGearSlingerx is offline  
Old 11-24-2019, 02:44 PM   #1177  
On Reserve
 
Big Rooshki's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGearSlingerx View Post
The vast majority of our LCA are great folks. Nothing but very positive experiences.
Except Check Airman “Green Dot”.

Complete tool. I hope they pull his quals. Don’t know how he got in there, anyway.
Big Rooshki is offline  
Old 11-24-2019, 04:32 PM   #1178  
Line Holder
 
Foggles's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2019
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rooshki View Post
Except Check Airman “Green Dot”.

Complete tool. I hope they pull his quals. Don’t know how he got in there, anyway.
What’s the story? I had a terrible experience with one LCA and a questionable debrief with another. The rest were fine. I really want to hear about this one though.
Foggles is offline  
Old 11-24-2019, 06:36 PM   #1179  
Line Holder
 
Broing's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggles View Post
What’s the story? I had a terrible experience with one LCA and a questionable debrief with another. The rest were fine. I really want to hear about this one though.
A bad outcome from a crew bugging their Vrf which was below green dot.
Broing is offline  
Old 11-24-2019, 06:50 PM   #1180  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Taco280AI's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Posts: 564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broing View Post
A bad outcome from a crew bugging their Vrf which was below green dot.
What happened to "except as described in normal/abnormal/emergency procedures..."
Taco280AI is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:02 PM.