Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2021, 01:09 AM   #2271  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Fr8Thrust's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Posts: 452
Default

https://av-info.faa.gov/OperatorsName.asp

The FAA AOC database is showing active for C77A having 1 ERJ-170-200LR. Anyone have any info here? Which plane is still on cert, who are they leasing it from, and when/where are they flying it to keep active? Are they leasing one of them back from YX, OO, MQ while in storage?

Similarly, Expressjet is showing 2 ERJ-145s, which have been said to be leased from HK.

Canít find any info on TransStates, assuming it was surrendered or sold.

Last edited by Fr8Thrust; 02-21-2021 at 01:39 AM.
Fr8Thrust is offline  
Old 02-21-2021, 11:42 PM   #2272  
Gets Weekends Off
 
threeighteen's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr8Thrust View Post
https://av-info.faa.gov/OperatorsName.asp

The FAA AOC database is showing active for C77A having 1 ERJ-170-200LR. Anyone have any info here? Which plane is still on cert, who are they leasing it from, and when/where are they flying it to keep active? Are they leasing one of them back from YX, OO, MQ while in storage?

Similarly, Expressjet is showing 2 ERJ-145s, which have been said to be leased from HK.

Canít find any info on TransStates, assuming it was surrendered or sold.
Pretty standard procedure required to keep a certificate active. The planes mentioned probably aren't flying, just on the cert to keep it alive.

They're probably paying someone six figures/year to be a chief pilot too, as that's a requirement to keep the cert.
threeighteen is offline  
Old 02-22-2021, 11:03 PM   #2273  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Fr8Thrust's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Posts: 452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeighteen View Post
Pretty standard procedure required to keep a certificate active. The planes mentioned probably aren't flying, just on the cert to keep it alive.

They're probably paying someone six figures/year to be a chief pilot too, as that's a requirement to keep the cert.
I canít find the reg, but I know they have to at least have one flight every so many days.
Fr8Thrust is offline  
Old 02-23-2021, 06:15 AM   #2274  
Gets Weekends Off
 
threeighteen's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr8Thrust View Post
I canít find the reg, but I know they have to at least have one flight every so many days.
No, you're allowed to cease operations for up to 12 months before surrendering the certificate, and you can get extensions and waivers on that requirement in extenuating circumstances.
threeighteen is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:48 PM.