Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2018, 08:19 PM   #11  
Line Holder
 
Mox Nix's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Falcon 900 Instructor (Part 142)
Posts: 62
Default

Does ok with 2-4 pax on a 2-2.5 hour leg. Fill 6 or 7 seats and you’ll have less range and may also run out of space in the cargo compartment if they’re all bringing luggage. Usually does ok with 5000 ft of runway (but may need more if it’s wet). High/hot is not good. In Denver we start getting weight limited above 18*C, just for basic AFM engine-out climb. Add non-standard climb gradients or Special Departure Procedures for terrain (Aspen, Eagle) and it’s even worse. But...for small pax loads and short legs to decent sized runways, it’s a nice little jet.
Mox Nix is offline  
Old 01-25-2018, 08:20 PM   #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
sinsilvia666's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Posts: 604
Default

She is a tough built bird, fun to fly, dependable, some quirks but all planes do. She is a momentum plane, at altitude shallow climbs will keep u at redline speed. Best turbulence handler I’ve flown yet
sinsilvia666 is offline  
Old 01-26-2018, 09:00 AM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
starkutt1's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: 767/757
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsilvia666 View Post
She is a tough built bird, fun to fly, dependable, some quirks but all planes do. She is a momentum plane, at altitude shallow climbs will keep u at redline speed. Best turbulence handler I’ve flown yet
Thanks buddy fly safe
starkutt1 is offline  
Old 01-26-2018, 09:00 AM   #14  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
starkutt1's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: 767/757
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mox Nix View Post
Does ok with 2-4 pax on a 2-2.5 hour leg. Fill 6 or 7 seats and you’ll have less range and may also run out of space in the cargo compartment if they’re all bringing luggage. Usually does ok with 5000 ft of runway (but may need more if it’s wet). High/hot is not good. In Denver we start getting weight limited above 18*C, just for basic AFM engine-out climb. Add non-standard climb gradients or Special Departure Procedures for terrain (Aspen, Eagle) and it’s even worse. But...for small pax loads and short legs to decent sized runways, it’s a nice little jet.
Thanks for the info I’m looking forward to flying her soon
starkutt1 is offline  
Old 01-23-2021, 04:35 PM   #15  
Line Holder
 
Condor73's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2013
Posts: 78
Default BE400xti Question

Quick question. I had been flying the Nextan for almost a year. No discomfort in my ears or pax ears at all. Then they hired a new Captain and problems started. He blames the “bumps” on the pressurization system. I do not know if it is him creating the problem or is a valve issue. Any help will be appreciated
Condor73 is offline  
Old 01-26-2021, 09:14 AM   #16  
On Reserve
 
Flugkapitan's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2018
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condor73 View Post
Quick question. I had been flying the Nextan for almost a year. No discomfort in my ears or pax ears at all. Then they hired a new Captain and problems started. He blames the “bumps” on the pressurization system. I do not know if it is him creating the problem or is a valve issue. Any help will be appreciated
I'm not 100% sure how this would be a CA issue. You should talk with a Beechcraft maintenance tech before taking anything specific from the forum. Have a discussion with them about at what altitude and when are you setting the cabin controller on climb and descent. Do you have the pressure controller set to auto or manual? Where is the manual controller knob set? Where is the cabin pressure source knob set (Both Norm)?

I think the best thing you can do is to take your phone, record all the settings in flight, and then how the cabin climb and cabin altitude gauges change with the phases of flight. Go show that to the Mx guy.

If there is a Mx issue, watch out for annunciatiors in the near future...
Flugkapitan is offline  
Old 01-28-2021, 05:04 AM   #17  
On Reserve
 
Justabeechjet's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: BE40 Left
Posts: 10
Default

In so far as the pressure bumps; ask if they are getting a L or R bleed air source fail (specific to the XTs) the checklist has them turn the bleeds to the non offending bleed to see if there is a difference in cabin pressure. It seems to likely be an indication issue at least in the ones we were flying.
Justabeechjet is offline  
Old 01-31-2021, 06:13 AM   #18  
Line Holder
 
BD100's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2008
Posts: 65
Default

It has been a long time since I flew one, but I remember issues with the tail heat. It consists of electrical heating mats. If you have an issue with it and landing in icing conditions, you need to find a long runway and land flaps first notch (I think 10 degrees). This is due to longitudinal stability issues.
BD100 is offline  
Old 02-06-2021, 06:04 AM   #19  
Line Holder
 
Condor73's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2013
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flugkapitan View Post
I'm not 100% sure how this would be a CA issue. You should talk with a Beechcraft maintenance tech before taking anything specific from the forum. Have a discussion with them about at what altitude and when are you setting the cabin controller on climb and descent. Do you have the pressure controller set to auto or manual? Where is the manual controller knob set? Where is the cabin pressure source knob set (Both Norm)?

I think the best thing you can do is to take your phone, record all the settings in flight, and then how the cabin climb and cabin altitude gauges change with the phases of flight. Go show that to the Mx guy.

If there is a Mx issue, watch out for annunciatiors in the near future...
——————————————————-
Thank you for the reply. I spoke with two Beechjet maintenance technicians and both told me it was probably the Captain creating the pressurization issues and making everyone uncomfortable on that plane. They did not rule out the plane having issues since it is an old plane.

Concerning switches and settings they are always in the correct positions as per checklist. No issues on that area.

Recording on your phone while you are flying if not illegal is stupid; specifically during the landing phase.

...at the end the Captain got scared of the plane and ended up quitting.
Condor73 is offline  
Old 02-06-2021, 06:17 AM   #20  
Line Holder
 
Condor73's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2013
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD100 View Post
It has been a long time since I flew one, but I remember issues with the tail heat. It consists of electrical heating mats. If you have an issue with it and landing in icing conditions, you need to find a long runway and land flaps first notch (I think 10 degrees). This is due to longitudinal stability issues.
Thats funny you said that. We had an issue with the Hstab during landing in icing conditions. Captain got scared and ended up quitting. Our mechanics took care of the problem the next day.
Concerning the captain. He will get a big bill for not finishing his contract. Unfortunately these kind of people are the ones that screw other pilots. We used to have a fair contract training before this DB after this DB probably we won’t anymore.
Condor73 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beechjet400a Noysy Part 91 and Low Time 4 12-28-2011 07:55 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:30 PM.