Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #1  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: Currently Captain on GV and HS125-800
Posts: 1
Default Corporate Chief Pilot - salary survey info?

Does anyone have access to the Stanton or NBAA salary surveys, for a Chief Pilot position in the southeast U.S. Department is has GV and Hawker 800's, and 15 pilots. Review process is coming up and I need some salary info for negotiating purposes. Thanks.
skyguy2000 is offline  
Old 11-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
QuietSpike's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Not on this message board.
Posts: 159
Default

Pro-pilot 2010 survey-

Chief Pilot GV- 125k-208k, avg 171k

Dept Manager for GV- 137k-252k, avg 192k.


If you are Chief Pilot of several aircraft, with the largest being a GV, and you supervise 15 pilots, I personally would not even consider that job if their first offer was less than 200k/yr. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck.
QuietSpike is offline  
Old 11-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #3  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Apr 2010
Posts: 13
Default

sure you would...
Catfsh is offline  
Old 11-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2008
Posts: 423
Default

Ah yes...another pilot who wouldn't consider anything under 200K...

Large department Chief Pilot jobs can be pretty easy - especially if you are the type who doesn't mind less flying and more corporate BS (meetings, manuals, micro-management etc)....unfortunately those type of people usually wind up being big company Chief Pilots!...
NowCorporate is offline  
Old 11-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #5  
Challenge Accepted Five
 
BoilerUP's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,034
Default

Large company has 15 pilots and multiple aircraft including a G-V and doesn't participate in Stanton or NBAA?
BoilerUP is offline  
Old 11-12-2010, 12:53 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
QuietSpike's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Not on this message board.
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowCorporate View Post
Ah yes...another pilot who wouldn't consider anything under 200K...

Large department Chief Pilot jobs can be pretty easy - especially if you are the type who doesn't mind less flying and more corporate BS (meetings, manuals, micro-management etc)....unfortunately those type of people usually wind up being big company Chief Pilots!...

Here we go slinging mud again...

Gee, thanks for the keen insight on the chief pilot job... guess now I know what that job is like...

Once again, *I*--meaning ME-- would not even get out of bed for that job unless the first pass was 200k+... but then again, my resume is stacked vs most people.
QuietSpike is offline  
Old 11-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2008
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietSpike View Post
Here we go slinging mud again...

Gee, thanks for the keen insight on the chief pilot job... guess now I know what that job is like...

Once again, *I*--meaning ME-- would not even get out of bed for that job unless the first pass was 200k+... but then again, my resume is stacked vs most people.
Exactly what I meant.
NowCorporate is offline  
Old 11-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #8  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: Corporate Captain
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy2000 View Post
Does anyone have access to the Stanton or NBAA salary surveys, for a Chief Pilot position in the southeast U.S. Department is has GV and Hawker 800's, and 15 pilots. Review process is coming up and I need some salary info for negotiating purposes. Thanks.

Is that what you call 360 degree feedback?
geosynchronus is offline  
Old 11-12-2010, 06:13 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 320 F.O.
Posts: 1,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietSpike View Post
Pro-pilot 2010 survey-

Chief Pilot GV- 125k-208k, avg 171k

Dept Manager for GV- 137k-252k, avg 192k.


If you are Chief Pilot of several aircraft, with the largest being a GV, and you supervise 15 pilots, I personally would not even consider that job if their first offer was less than 200k/yr. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck.
I agree with 200k is the minimum I wouldn't run that big of a flight department for less then that. I ran 4 pilots and two aircraft g3 / hawker 800 for 165 and that was a couple of years ago. Are you going to operate and train under 91 or 135? Good luck and stick to your guns, the industry needs pilots who are willing to deal with all the corporate junk for a little more money. Good Luck
Climbto450 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply

Tags
chief pilot, corporate, nbaa, salary survey, stanton
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lawyer & Pilot : Payrate Comparison! Golden Flyer Hangar Talk 14 03-04-2019 10:02 AM
FedEx Passover Pay Coffee Bitch Cargo 115 05-23-2007 08:02 AM
What To Look For In A Chief Corporate Pilot VBS13 Corporate 15 03-07-2006 12:23 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:35 AM.