Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: FO
Posts: 69
Default does Starbucks have a flight department?

And if so how much do they pay and how hard would it be to get a job there?
Spicoli is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
fisherpilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: Corporate Pilot
Posts: 405
Default

Just looked on faa website. Showing a g5 and 550.
fisherpilot is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: French Bus Capn'
Posts: 6,812
Default

Recently they had a job advertisement for a First Officer in Seattle. I would imagine though as with most big company corporate pilot jobs, you have to be very well connected to have a chance.
ShyGuy is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
galaxy flyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Baja Vermont
Posts: 3,907
Default

If you have to ask if they have a department, chances are high you are not connected enough. G550 pay is probably around 110,00-120,000 after first year as F/O. Appropriate benefits, too.

GF
galaxy flyer is offline  
Old 08-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
UCLAbruins's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: F/O- G-V/550
Posts: 1,156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
Recently they had a job advertisement for a First Officer in Seattle. I would imagine though as with most big company corporate pilot jobs, you have to be very well connected to have a chance.
Yes you have to be very well connected, lots of int'l experience and a G-V type wouldn't hurt

I've said it before, it is easier to get on with a major than to land one of these top jobs
UCLAbruins is offline  
Old 08-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #6  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Posts: 80
Default

People never seem to understand this concept though!
Hangar Lane at Boeing Field probably has the most big fishes in the business world within a 1/2 mile. Finding a legitimate address for any of those people remotely wanting your/my resume is near impossible.


Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLAbruins View Post
Yes you have to be very well connected, lots of int'l experience and a G-V type wouldn't hurt

I've said it before, it is easier to get on with a major than to land one of these top jobs
billythekid is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: Citation X
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythekid View Post
People never seem to understand this concept though!
Hangar Lane at Boeing Field probably has the most big fishes in the business world within a 1/2 mile. Finding a legitimate address for any of those people remotely wanting your/my resume is near impossible.
All the more reason to put on the suit and tie and go walk the 1/2 mile
CEFO is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #8  
Tie Domi of Open Time
 
flyingice's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2011
Position: Whistles go woo
Posts: 65
Default

They are well stocked with G 5xxs and a G650 is enroute.

Know a guy there. Hired on with no Gulfstream experience. Connections are the key with these departments.
flyingice is offline  
Old 04-11-2019, 08:27 PM   #9  
You scratched my anchor
 
Al Czervik's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythekid View Post
People never seem to understand this concept though!
Hangar Lane at Boeing Field probably has the most big fishes in the business world within a 1/2 mile. Finding a legitimate address for any of those people remotely wanting your/my resume is near impossible.
I was looking at Starbucks flight department and found this older thread. Iím wondering if this is still the case? I had an opportunity at one of these and passed it up.
Al Czervik is offline  
Old 04-12-2019, 03:08 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
galaxy flyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Baja Vermont
Posts: 3,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Czervik View Post
I was looking at Starbucks flight department and found this older thread. Iím wondering if this is still the case? I had an opportunity at one of these and passed it up.
Certainly, a lot of money in corporate flying at KBFI.


Gf
galaxy flyer is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pilot & Flight Test jobs at HondaJet Cubdriver Hiring News 0 02-05-2013 09:00 AM
Amazing Flight Crew!!! Past V1 Major 10 01-04-2013 04:31 PM
Flight Test Pilot (Safety) Cubdriver Hiring News 0 05-23-2012 08:37 AM
Upgrade to Captain w/o ATP PIC requirements CrakPipeOvrheat Regional 94 02-12-2012 09:14 PM
Flight Test Pilot Job - FAA Kansas City vagabond Hiring News 4 04-08-2009 09:03 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:58 AM.