Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Corporate Corporate operators
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2017, 03:55 PM   #1
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Posts: 10
Default Clay Lacy Aviation

Anybody have any up to date information on Clay Lacy Aviation? Pay, benefits, training, etc.?
Avcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:10 PM   #2
Gets Weekends Off
 
RI830's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: BD-700
Posts: 1,261
Default

No specific details, but I never have heard a good thing from guys who work or have worked there.

The place seems to be a revolving door. Tread lightly on working for a guy who is a chronic liar, ego maniac and a scab.
RI830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:05 AM   #3
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI830 View Post
No specific details, but I never have heard a good thing from guys who work or have worked there.

The place seems to be a revolving door. Tread lightly on working for a guy who is a chronic liar, ego maniac and a scab.
Clay Lacy is not just considered a scab but a superscab for crossing the picket lines more then once. His fellow UAL pilots considered him with utter contempt.
sailingfun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:00 PM   #4
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Baja Vermont
Posts: 2,651
Default

He also sold Clay Lacy Aviation.

GF
galaxy flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:22 AM   #5
Gets Weekends Off
 
HuggyU2's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Desk
Posts: 323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI830 View Post
Tread lightly on working for a guy who is a chronic liar, ego maniac....
Have you met the man? Or is this just what you've heard?
HuggyU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:38 AM   #6
Gets Weekends Off
 
RI830's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: BD-700
Posts: 1,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggyU2 View Post
Have you met the man? Or is this just what you've heard?
I have not met the man and dont plan to.
Please tell me the good things about him.

This man has:
- he admits he lied about his age for career advantage.
- lies about his total time for notariaty.
- was one of the first to cross the picket line
- weaseled his way into any type of PR lime light with UAL so he could look like Mr Pilot Extraordinaire.

Please shed the light on the good things.
RI830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:11 PM   #7
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Baja Vermont
Posts: 2,651
Default

I've flown with him, not impressed. No, I didn't work at Clay Lacy Aviation, it was "something else".

GF
galaxy flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:51 AM   #8
Moderate Moderator
 
UAL T38 Phlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Uncertain; Negative RNP
Posts: 3,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggyU2 View Post
Have you met the man? Or is this just what you've heard?
https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/c...clay-lacy.html
UAL T38 Phlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:38 AM   #9
Gets Weekends Off
 
HuggyU2's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Desk
Posts: 323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI830 View Post
I have not met the man and dont plan to.
Please tell me the good things about him.

This man has:
- he admits he lied about his age for career advantage.
- lies about his total time for notariaty.
- was one of the first to cross the picket line
- weaseled his way into any type of PR lime light with UAL so he could look like Mr Pilot Extraordinaire.

Please shed the light on the good things.
Say what you will. No dog in the fight. I'm simply skeptical of those that proclaim to "know" all about a person they've never met.

He was close, personal friend to Bob Hoover, if I'm not mistaken.

As for Mr Pilot Extraordinaire... he does have some respectable flying accomplishments.
HuggyU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:36 AM   #10
Gets Weekends Off
 
RI830's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: BD-700
Posts: 1,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggyU2 View Post
Say what you will. No dog in the fight. I'm simply skeptical of those that proclaim to "know" all about a person they've never met.

He was close, personal friend to Bob Hoover, if I'm not mistaken.

As for Mr Pilot Extraordinaire... he does have some respectable flying accomplishments.
I don't claim to know all about him. I know the irrefutable facts about the man. That's all I need to form my opinion of him.
RI830 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beacon/Dynamic Aviation King Airs in NE Fetzervalve Part 135 43 02-04-2016 09:46 AM
Reduced ATP mins from Aviation Colleges... CramCleanClimb Flight Schools and Training 5 06-27-2014 08:05 AM
CFI FIA versus CPL written dl773 Flight Schools and Training 2 06-17-2014 03:03 PM
Seattle area flying? aileronjam Hiring News 17 11-11-2008 09:27 PM
Clay Lacy mike734 Hangar Talk 7 05-03-2007 04:00 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:57 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.3, Copyright ©2000-2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000 - 2017 Internet Brands, Inc.