Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2020, 06:46 PM   #21  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Grumpyaviator's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy2times View Post
If I was 60+ I would definitely retire ASAP, what good is the money when you are goin to be 6 feet below in dirt.
I hate to be hasty.
...but it helps the seniority! 😅
Grumpyaviator is online now  
Old 04-03-2020, 12:24 PM   #22  
Gets Weekends Off
 
OpMidClimax's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2018
Posts: 464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpyaviator View Post
The numbers of infections in younger adults is higher than expected but the death rate is much higher in individuals >60 or with underlying conditions.

death rate by age

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...-demographics/

infections by age

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm
Unfortunately the CDC data in the article is now out of date. Plus collecting data in the middle of the storm is getting a little messy.
OpMidClimax is offline  
Old 04-03-2020, 12:46 PM   #23  
Gets Weekends Off
 
OVBIII's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpMidClimax View Post
Unfortunately the CDC data in the article is now out of date. Plus collecting data in the middle of the storm is getting a little messy.
I have to agree about the data collecting. My wife is has a virology/immunology background (worked at various crime labs)...she mentions that we won’t know the actual numbers and stats for years to come (so to speak...or phrasing).
OVBIII is offline  
Old 04-03-2020, 12:52 PM   #24  
Gets Weekends Off
 
badflaps's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: retired 767(dl)
Posts: 5,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicFlyer View Post
How old was the F/A? Did they have any other medical conditions?
Sometimes that doesn't fit the narrative.
badflaps is offline  
Old 04-03-2020, 01:04 PM   #25  
Perennial Reserve
 
Excargodog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 6,263
Default

In Washington State the Department of Health has been keeping track. Approximately 55% of all fatalities are 80 years of age or older:

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus

Only 7% of fatalities are under 60 years of age. 37% are 60-79. Only 1% of all fatalities are under 40.


Yeah, ANYBODY can get it and ANYBODY can die of it but the RISK of dying of it if you do get it is pretty low for anyone under 60 without some serious preexisting conditions.
Excargodog is offline  
Old 04-03-2020, 02:03 PM   #26  
Gets Weekends Off
 
badflaps's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: retired 767(dl)
Posts: 5,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
In Washington State the Department of Health has been keeping track. Approximately 55% of all fatalities are 80 years of age or older:

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus

Only 7% of fatalities are under 60 years of age. 37% are 60-79. Only 1% of all fatalities are under 40.


Yeah, ANYBODY can get it and ANYBODY can die of it but the RISK of dying of it if you do get it is pretty low for anyone under 60 without some serious preexisting conditions.
At 80, just about anything will knock you on your butt. I am especially leery of dogs and leashes.
badflaps is offline  
Old 04-03-2020, 03:10 PM   #27  
Gets Weekends Off
 
AllYourBaseAreB's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2019
Posts: 245
Default

The death rate for people under 60 will skyrocket in areas where they run out of ventilators. They may not even give your healthy grandma a fighting chance in order to give it to a 30 year old. This is already happening in Italy, and probably Spain too
AllYourBaseAreB is offline  
Old 04-05-2020, 10:48 AM   #28  
Gets Weekends Off
 
450knotOffice's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllYourBaseAreB View Post
The death rate for people under 60 will skyrocket in areas where they run out of ventilators. They may not even give your healthy grandma a fighting chance in order to give it to a 30 year old. This is already happening in Italy, and probably Spain too
Sources for all of those comments?
450knotOffice is offline  
Old 04-05-2020, 12:43 PM   #29  
Line Holder
 
Sandwich Artist's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450knotOffice View Post
Sources for all of those comments?
Sandwich Artist is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DAL F/A Jumpseat cgtpilot Delta 126 01-28-2016 04:54 AM
Teen dies in around the world attempt N9373M Safety 63 07-25-2014 12:04 PM
Man Dies After Being Sucked Into Engine vagabond Safety 3 08-08-2011 12:04 PM
Delta: laptop minimum requirements-- F/A MrBigAir Major 9 02-16-2010 01:04 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:50 AM.