Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2020, 01:48 AM   #21  
Line Holder
 
AgentSmith's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2016
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightmedic01 View Post
Any thoughts??
You afraid you'll get autism?
AgentSmith is offline  
Old 08-14-2020, 02:13 AM   #22  
Line Holder
 
6010C's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Posts: 44
Default

No way I would get it.

Bill Gates is just trying to finally get rich $0.01 at a time.
6010C is offline  
Old 08-14-2020, 03:11 AM   #23  
Challenge Accepted Five
 
BoilerUP's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,830
Default

Who deleted WutFace insulting cargo pilots?
BoilerUP is online now  
Old 08-14-2020, 05:32 AM   #24  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 29,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
Who deleted WutFace insulting cargo pilots?
Looks like he thought better of his behavior. No harm, no foul if you take it back in the narrow window that's allowed for that.

Kind of like email should have a delayed transmission for a cooling down period, especially business email accounts.
rickair7777 is offline  
Old 08-14-2020, 05:54 PM   #25  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Downtime's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2020
Posts: 484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
Do you have a legal citation with that?

As an example, I get why requiring certain vaccines are BFOQs for medical professionals...but its going to be a very tall stretch IMO to apply that to air crew. I'm certainly not all-knowing but am not aware of any airline REQUIRING its flight crews to get an influenza vaccine, and that past practice would be difficult to justify away in court.

Sure every single hospital system in the country requires a flu vaccine for employment.
Downtime is offline  
Old 08-15-2020, 06:36 AM   #26  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Seneca Pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,443
Default

When I was in the ARMY I resisted the flu vaccine. I took all the required ones for the deployments but since I had never had the flu and didn't want to introduce it into my body I managed do dodge the docs and avoid the flu vaccine. I was threatened with discipline but when push came to shove they did nothing.

I have still never had the flu. I have only thrown up three times in my life (two of those due to alcohol). I am certain I was exposed to the Corona virus in Feb/Mar due to people around me who were displaying every symptom, but never had more than a sore throat for a day. My immune system is up to the task.

I am not anti vaccine but fight to avoid the ones that are not particularly effective due to various strains of the disease being in play. The flu vaccine is always the best guess as to which strain to treat for in a given year. My children have had the important ones but we claim a religious exemption for flu with our school system. My kids have never had the flue either.
Seneca Pilot is offline  
Old 08-15-2020, 06:47 AM   #27  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Downtime's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2020
Posts: 484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seneca Pilot View Post
When I was in the ARMY I resisted the flu vaccine. I took all the required ones for the deployments but since I had never had the flu and didn't want to introduce it into my body I managed do dodge the docs and avoid the flu vaccine. I was threatened with discipline but when push came to shove they did nothing.

I have still never had the flu. I have only thrown up three times in my life (two of those due to alcohol). I am certain I was exposed to the Corona virus in Feb/Mar due to people around me who were displaying every symptom, but never had more than a sore throat for a day. My immune system is up to the task.

I am not anti vaccine but fight to avoid the ones that are not particularly effective due to various strains of the disease being in play. The flu vaccine is always the best guess as to which strain to treat for in a given year. My children have had the important ones but we claim a religious exemption for flu with our school system. My kids have never had the flue either.
I will be curious to see how this goes. I kinda think we will be rehired because lost other countries are going to require it for entry. I doubt foreign immigration authorities are gonna care about why we donít want it.
Downtime is offline  
Old 08-15-2020, 07:12 AM   #28  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 29,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtime View Post
I will be curious to see how this goes. I kinda think we will be rehired because lost other countries are going to require it for entry. I doubt foreign immigration authorities are gonna care about why we donít want it.
Even if they don't actually mandate it for their own people, they won't be nearly as accommodating to incoming foreigners.
rickair7777 is offline  
Old 08-15-2020, 07:42 AM   #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
WHACKMASTER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.
Posts: 3,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seneca Pilot View Post
When I was in the ARMY I resisted the flu vaccine. I took all the required ones for the deployments but since I had never had the flu and didn't want to introduce it into my body I managed do dodge the docs and avoid the flu vaccine. I was threatened with discipline but when push came to shove they did nothing.

I have still never had the flu. I have only thrown up three times in my life (two of those due to alcohol). I am certain I was exposed to the Corona virus in Feb/Mar due to people around me who were displaying every symptom, but never had more than a sore throat for a day. My immune system is up to the task.

I am not anti vaccine but fight to avoid the ones that are not particularly effective due to various strains of the disease being in play. The flu vaccine is always the best guess as to which strain to treat for in a given year. My children have had the important ones but we claim a religious exemption for flu with our school system. My kids have never had the flue either.
Interesting. When claiming religious exemption did you need to provide details or explain yourself?
WHACKMASTER is offline  
Old 08-15-2020, 08:27 AM   #30  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Seneca Pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
Interesting. When claiming religious exemption did you need to provide details or explain yourself?
No, the school system is not particularly worried about details as long as the main "scary" diseases have been covered. Our children have MMR and the other big deal disease immunizations. We just feel that the flu vaccine is not effective and largely speculative with regard to which strain will be active in any given season.
Seneca Pilot is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta? Guard Dude Delta 200491 05-03-2021 09:32 PM
10 Airlines Reach Agreement with Government AirBear Major 0 04-14-2020 03:25 PM
Southwest Airlines employees to get $543 mlln Final Clear JetBlue 3 02-09-2018 11:39 AM
Light Reading on the State of The Industry Chimpy Spirit 31 08-01-2017 01:09 PM
Mesaba flow up/flow down with NWA maddogmax Regional 65 06-23-2007 07:41 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:29 AM.