Notices
COVID19 Pandemic Information and Reports

Lockdown Part 2

Old 10-31-2020, 07:15 PM
  #101  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Oct 2020
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by galaxy flyer View Post
And see what that got them—big spikes (5x the current US); lockdowns, protests. Virus gonna virus and nothing’s gonna stop it.
8 months of quitters at the helm. This fatalism has only given us the highest death rate in the world. Be proud.
WotFace is offline  
Old 10-31-2020, 07:16 PM
  #102  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 563
Default

Originally Posted by Seneca Pilot View Post
I think you assign a malice to the man that isn't there but it will definitely be interesting to see on Tuesday where the mind of the country really lies on this subject. I would suspect that you are in the minority in the way you feel about this but who knows. I will go with Libertarian but I am an interested spectator.
POTUS is my president...for now (lol), but his words and his deeds have given me a window into his soul and it ain't pretty. Even his admirers acknowledge his moral and ethical failings, and it's funny watching some of them twisting in the wind trying to downplay this deficiency.

Up to this point, POTUS has pulled off the greatest political con of the century on this country, or at least a part of it. He's a Democrat! lol

POTUS is not liked on either side, and primarily, it's not because of his politics, but rather because of his ethics. The conservative politicians in his party go along to get along, pinching their noses and swallowing the medicine because as a tool, he achieves THEIR financial and political objectives, and besides, who want to go up against him and be subjected to death by a thousand tweets? Lol

I'm not sure by what measure you speak when you mention majority, but I'd like to think that most Americans do share my point of view on POTUS. Fortunately/unfortunately, the electoral college is how we elect our president, which as we know is not a "popularity" contest.

Whether or not POTUS gets re-elected, I am certain he will lose the popular vote, which in my opinion would most accurately signal how we as a nation feel about him.
All Bizniz is offline  
Old 10-31-2020, 07:21 PM
  #103  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ugleeual's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: 767/757 CA
Posts: 1,944
Default

Don’t be so sure... think you, and many others, will be losing your minds next week.
ugleeual is offline  
Old 10-31-2020, 07:21 PM
  #104  
Gets Weekends Off
 
galaxy flyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Baja Vermont
Posts: 4,849
Default

Originally Posted by WotFace View Post
8 months of quitters at the helm. This fatalism has only given us the highest death rate in the world. Be proud.
Do you know what a “death rate” is? Hint, the US is nowhere near the worst, classified by D/100K. The EU average is worse than the US, and every large EU country except Germany, is worse than the US.
galaxy flyer is offline  
Old 10-31-2020, 07:36 PM
  #105  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Oct 2020
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by galaxy flyer View Post
Do you know what a “death rate” is? Hint, the US is nowhere near the worst, classified by D/100K. The EU average is worse than the US, and every large EU country except Germany, is worse than the US.
Let me clarify for you since you thought that Europe's "big" spike % was notable:

We are currently 4th in deaths per capita in countries with populations greater than 20 million. Peru, Brazil, Spain only lead us. Peru and Brazil have already had their winter. We're just coming into ours. Spain is currently managing their outbreak with more aggressive restrictions.

We will lead the world in deaths per million by next spring. Don't be shy. Own that. We've worked hard to ignore the virus and strive for the fool's gold of 'herd immunity.'
Keep reaching for grave, GF. You'll get there eventually.
WotFace is offline  
Old 10-31-2020, 07:41 PM
  #106  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 563
Default

Originally Posted by ugleeual View Post
Don’t be so sure... think you, and many others, will be losing your minds next week.
Oh, POTUS is not out of this race!

I'd be disappointed, but not shocked if he won. It's all about turnout. Overall general election turnout percentage has hovered in the 50%, so it's all about whose supporters are more motivated to get out and vote.

He could still pull this off because of his hard to identify, but very motivated, SHY....rather...EMBARRASSED voters. We'll see. haha
All Bizniz is offline  
Old 10-31-2020, 07:44 PM
  #107  
Bracing for Fallacies
 
block30's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: In favor of good things, not in favor of bad things
Posts: 3,424
Default

Originally Posted by WotFace View Post
4 years of crying about how everything is unfair. I've had enough of the whining.
God, I can't wait until Tuesday.
Hey! We agree! The left and the media *have* been crying for four years! Russian collusion? Whoops! That one turned around didnt it?
block30 is offline  
Old 10-31-2020, 07:45 PM
  #108  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Oct 2020
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by block30 View Post
Hey! We agree! The left and the media *have* been crying for four years! Russian collusion? Whoops! That one turned around didnt it?
Oh you mean the trial that had blocked witnesses? Yeah totally innocent on that one. Your delusions are legendary.
WotFace is offline  
Old 10-31-2020, 08:00 PM
  #109  
Bracing for Fallacies
 
block30's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: In favor of good things, not in favor of bad things
Posts: 3,424
Default

Originally Posted by WotFace View Post
8 months of quitters at the helm. This fatalism has only given us the highest death rate in the world. Be proud.


If by "us" you live in a country that is NOT the United States, we agree *again*!

Oh man, this is awesome!! You are turning over a new leaf! First you admit the media is in the tank with non stop whining, then you admit the Russian Collusion not only blew up, but that story turned on its masters, and now you admit that your country is doing MUCH worse than the United States!!

Because, gosh, if that's not what you're saying you're making up crap.

And that makes you look bad.
And your "side" looks bad too when they are throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks.

That would be desperate....but clearly that's not what you're doing, right?
block30 is offline  
Old 10-31-2020, 08:05 PM
  #110  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Oct 2020
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by block30 View Post
If by "us" you live in a country that is NOT the United States, we agree *again*!

Oh man, this is awesome!! You are turning over a new leaf! First you admit the media is in the tank with non stop whining, then you admit the Russian Collusion not only blew up, but that story turned on its masters, and now you admit that your country is doing MUCH worse than the United States!!

Because, gosh, if that's not what you're saying you're making up crap.

And that makes you look bad.
And your "side" looks bad too when they are throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks.

That would be desperate....but clearly that's not what you're doing, right?
I'm curious, how much have you drank tonight? Because I couldn't follow any of that.
WotFace is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
GWBic
Aviation Law
18
05-18-2018 02:13 PM
jetfuelonly
Corporate
9
08-30-2012 03:07 PM
N618FT
Regional
33
11-19-2007 07:28 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread