Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2020, 04:40 PM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
opt0712's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2012
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N6279P View Post
Funny no one has been talking about FedEx shipping it. 🙄
https://www.fiercepharma.com/manufacturing/pfizer-designed-new-container-and-plans-to-tap-shipping-companies-for-covid-19

Welcome to the effort.
opt0712 is offline  
Old 12-01-2020, 05:37 PM   #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
rvfanatic's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Posts: 322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opt0712 View Post
https://www.fiercepharma.com/manufacturing/pfizer-designed-new-container-and-plans-to-tap-shipping-companies-for-covid-19

Welcome to the effort.
That link is from Oct. I wonder if they’re still looking to use FedEx. I heard United was a much better deal for Pfizer and that’s why we were used first.
rvfanatic is offline  
Old 12-01-2020, 08:12 PM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
opt0712's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2012
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvfanatic View Post
That link is from Oct. I wonder if they’re still looking to use FedEx. I heard United was a much better deal for Pfizer and that’s why we were used first.
I'm sure they'll use all the carriers. I'm just telling you we've been staging the vaccine already.
opt0712 is offline  
Old 12-02-2020, 11:57 AM   #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Half wing's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2014
Position: 787 right
Posts: 427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opt0712 View Post
I'm sure they'll use all the carriers. I'm just telling you we've been staging the vaccine already.
Pfizer probably realized that Fedex sucks and decided to go with someone more reliable.
Half wing is offline  
Old 12-02-2020, 01:10 PM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
jdt30's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half wing View Post
Pfizer probably realized that Fedex sucks and decided to go with someone more reliable.
No, they’ve realized that the United cargo flights have no flight attendants so the customer service has improved.

As a side note the coffee also tastes better without flight attendant intervention.
jdt30 is offline  
Old 12-02-2020, 04:08 PM   #16  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TFAYD's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2018
Posts: 415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half wing View Post
Pfizer probably realized that Fedex sucks and decided to go with someone more reliable.
No Fedex probably has no capacity to dedicate to it, run special charters and deal with additional hazmat requirements. They are plenty busy as it is with “regular” business.
TFAYD is offline  
Old 12-02-2020, 04:36 PM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ReadOnly7's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2019
Posts: 799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Wasp View Post
Well yeah, because, you know, cargo carriers aren’t “real airlines.”
Probably because that’s their normal mission, whereas UAL is adapting to something other than their norm. Makes for a more compelling story. I doubt it was a snub to FedEx.
ReadOnly7 is offline  
Old 12-02-2020, 04:56 PM   #18  
Gets Weekends Off
 
opt0712's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2012
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half wing View Post
Pfizer probably realized that Fedex sucks and decided to go with someone more reliable.
Our network is obviously quite vast, but sub-contracting out our work definitely will help get it to those that need it quickly.
opt0712 is offline  
Old 12-02-2020, 05:00 PM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
opt0712's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2012
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFAYD View Post
No Fedex probably has no capacity to dedicate to it, run special charters and deal with additional hazmat requirements. They are plenty busy as it is with “regular” business.
Additional hazmat requirements? We carry plenty of items for our massive cold chain supply. This isn't too different; just the amount is.

Quicker we all deliver, the sooner we can all go on vacation. LEGGGGOOOO
opt0712 is offline  
Old 12-02-2020, 09:18 PM   #20  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Half wing's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2014
Position: 787 right
Posts: 427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opt0712 View Post
Our network is obviously quite vast, but sub-contracting out our work definitely will help get it to those that need it quickly.
We have a Pfizer contract. It’s not “sub-contracted” to us from Fedex, so it’s not your work. All your posts are about the same. You must have the same cranium capacity as australopithecus. If Fedex doesn’t work out maybe you can get a job guarding a bridge or something, early man.

Last edited by Half wing; 12-02-2020 at 09:31 PM.
Half wing is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A COVID-19 vaccine could be a lifeline... docav8tor COVID19 49 12-04-2020 09:56 AM
Vaccines and TSA Numbers THKooj American 10 11-22-2020 09:36 AM
We need a plan B for no vaccine. Excargodog COVID19 559 11-20-2020 04:23 PM
Vaccine Results Looking Good! TaylorPilot COVID19 71 06-24-2020 11:59 PM
Partial Vaccine May Be Available Now rickair7777 COVID19 50 05-21-2020 08:51 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:23 PM.