Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Pilot Lounge > COVID19
Time to stop politicizing Ivermectin >

Time to stop politicizing Ivermectin

Notices
COVID19 Pandemic Information and Reports

Time to stop politicizing Ivermectin

Old 09-07-2021, 05:09 PM
  #21  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Sunvox's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: EWR A320 Captain
Posts: 1,476
Default

Missed the link earlier so here it is:

A COVID-19 prophylaxis?
Sunvox is offline  
Old 09-07-2021, 05:39 PM
  #22  
Gets Weekends Off
 
GucciBoy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: Fetal
Posts: 1,061
Default

Originally Posted by Drum View Post
You obviously haven't done much research into the West African Ebola outbreaks then. We rely heavily on their information at the moment.

Not to mention the Central American surveillance of zika and dengue. The south american surveillance of the same.

Once again, cherry picking.

Ivermectin is a very good treatment. Both pre and during. So is monoclonal antibody. Billions of people are treated with Ivermectin and HCQ protocols that have been developed when politics and profit are not entered into the equation. Healing is the common denominator here.


What is a fact though, is the utter failure of the mRNA jabs. But that, for whatever reasons, can't be discussed.

Monoclonal antibodies are not FDA approved. They are being used under an EUA. There are no studies on the long-term effects of monoclonal antibodies being introduced into the human body. It is quite irresponsible to tout them as a treatment for COVID when we donít have any idea what they will do to the body long-term.


See how that sounds? Thatís you talking about the vaccine.
GucciBoy is offline  
Old 09-07-2021, 07:29 PM
  #23  
Custom User Title
 
AZFlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,997
Default

Originally Posted by GucciBoy View Post
Monoclonal antibodies are not FDA approved. They are being used under an EUA. There are no studies on the long-term effects of monoclonal antibodies being introduced into the human body. It is quite irresponsible to tout them as a treatment for COVID when we donít have any idea what they will do to the body long-term.


See how that sounds? Thatís you talking about the vaccine.
No one is trying to mandate monoclonal antibodies in order to keep your job or go about ordinary daily activities.
AZFlyer is offline  
Old 09-07-2021, 09:29 PM
  #24  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 619
Default

Originally Posted by Drum View Post
You obviously haven't done much research into the West African Ebola outbreaks then. We rely heavily on their information at the moment.

Not to mention the Central American surveillance of zika and dengue. The south american surveillance of the same.

Once again, cherry picking.

Ivermectin is a very good treatment. Both pre and during. So is monoclonal antibody. Billions of people are treated with Ivermectin and HCQ protocols that have been developed when politics and profit are not entered into the equation. Healing is the common denominator here.


What is a fact though, is the utter failure of the mRNA jabs. But that, for whatever reasons, can't be discussed.
Next time you spend a year in Chad or Niger, please let me know how reliable you think their governmentsí abilities are to manage and report health statistics.

mRNA vaccines seem to be doing pretty well in Israel and basically everywhere else, if youíre concerned about hospitalization, deaths and other such nonsense. Personally, Iíd take the 92.8% efficacy against those and 14x lower hospitalization rate.

https://www.covid-datascience.com/po...are-vaccinated
ThumbsUp is offline  
Old 09-08-2021, 09:10 AM
  #25  
All is fine at .79
 
TiredSoul's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot
Posts: 2,893
Default

m-RNA is FAA approved.
Will you risk your medical disclosing off label medication use?
Or intend to lie on your next 8500-8?
TiredSoul is offline  
Old 09-08-2021, 09:39 AM
  #26  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Red Forman's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Chief Pilot
Posts: 1,783
Default

Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
m-RNA is FAA approved.
Will you risk your medical disclosing off label medication use?
Or intend to lie on your next 8500-8?
If a doctor prescribes me a medication, of course I will disclose it.
Red Forman is offline  
Old 09-08-2021, 09:46 AM
  #27  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 619
Default

Originally Posted by Red Forman View Post
If a doctor prescribes me a medication, of course I will disclose it.
Maybe talk to your AME first. AMAS doesnít have it approved for that purpose. When HCQ was all of the rage for a short time, the FAA issued a grounding memorandum for COVID-purposed use, although it was approved for its intended use after a ground trial.
ThumbsUp is offline  
Old 09-08-2021, 11:58 AM
  #28  
Speed, Power, Accuracy
 
Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC
Posts: 1,297
Default

Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
m-RNA is FAA approved.
Will you risk your medical disclosing off label medication use?
Or intend to lie on your next 8500-8?
The way I read the 8500, you only have to disclose the medications you are TAKING while flying. If you grounded yourself while sick, took ANY medication whether OTC or prescription while sick, recovered, discontinued any meds, and then returned to flying, I see no reason why you would have to report it months later.

You only have to retroactively report medical visits. The AME is empowered to inquire as to the nature. I don't retroactively report medications used briefly to treat an acute condition between medicals. Don't have to.
GeeWizDriver is offline  
Old 09-08-2021, 02:52 PM
  #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 619
Default

Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
The way I read the 8500, you only have to disclose the medications you are TAKING while flying. If you grounded yourself while sick, took ANY medication whether OTC or prescription while sick, recovered, discontinued any meds, and then returned to flying, I see no reason why you would have to report it months later.

You only have to retroactively report medical visits. The AME is empowered to inquire as to the nature. I don't retroactively report medications used briefly to treat an acute condition between medicals. Don't have to.
Some people are using it a prophylaxis, though, although I think thatís mainly using the Mr. Ed variety here is the US.
ThumbsUp is offline  
Old 09-08-2021, 03:19 PM
  #30  
Speed, Power, Accuracy
 
Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC
Posts: 1,297
Default

Originally Posted by ThumbsUp View Post
Some people are using it a prophylaxis, though, although I think thatís mainly using the Mr. Ed variety here is the US.
If one were taking it as a prophylactic, it would be required to be reported. However, the majority of usage that is showing the most promise is the HUMAN dosage of .4-.6 mg per kg of body weight immediately upon positive test or onset of symptoms for five days or until symptoms abate, whichever occurs first.

A close friend and his wife just had moderate Covid. Not vaxxed. They followed the FLCCC protocol that includes the controversial Nobel-winning medication and they both beat it within a week. Anecdotal to be sure but the positive outcomes seem to outweigh the bad.
GeeWizDriver is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
peengleeson
Flight Schools and Training
31
10-22-2018 07:39 AM
shavetail
Military
65
01-19-2018 04:29 PM
Around123
Regional
73
01-09-2014 09:37 AM
blue34
Flight Schools and Training
20
04-14-2011 08:48 AM
wmuflyboy
Flight Schools and Training
29
05-30-2009 08:40 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread