Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > > >
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2018, 01:24 PM   #1
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Posts: 214
Default Question on Delta's Profit Sharing

Have a question. I'm a UAL guy and a buddy of mine here at UAL was (somewhat rightfully) p*ssed at our relatively meager profit sharing check this year. % wise it's just north of half of what it was last year.

Anyway, he was going on about how good Delta's PS was this year. He said the AVERAGE FO profit sharing check is $60,000. Though I know profit sharing was pretty good, I thought that seemed a little high. Can y'all give me some data points of what the profit sharing numbers are for different places on the seniority list. 12yr WBFOs, narrow body captains, junior, senior, whatever.
Spicy McHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:27 PM   #2
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat
Posts: 8,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy McHaggis View Post
Have a question. I'm a UAL guy and a buddy of mine here at UAL was (somewhat rightfully) p*ssed at our relatively meager profit sharing check this year. % wise it's just north of half of what it was last year.

Anyway, he was going on about how good Delta's PS was this year. He said the AVERAGE FO profit sharing check is $60,000. Though I know profit sharing was pretty good, I thought that seemed a little high. Can y'all give me some data points of what the profit sharing numbers are for different places on the seniority list. 12yr WBFOs, narrow body captains, junior, senior, whatever.
That would mean the average DL FO made 400K lol

Ours was around 15% while UAL's was around 6% and AA's 2% (if I recall an article I recently read on it).

DL's was more, and a lot more percentage wise, but nowhere near that much.
gloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:29 PM   #3
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Posts: 214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
That would mean the average DL FO made 400K lol

Ours was around 15% while UAL's was around 6% and AA's 2% (if I recall an article I recently read on it).

DL's was more, and a lot more percentage wise, but nowhere near that much.

That's kind of what I was wondering. I'm sure there are some that made that kind of coin, but it seems a little high.
Spicy McHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:29 PM   #4
Gets Weekends Off
 
qball's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Cockpit speaker volume knob set to eleven.
Posts: 1,311
Default

Said F/O would have had to credit a LOT of hours to get that number. I guess itís possible but not the norm.
This NB CA about 2/3 of that number.
qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:30 PM   #5
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Narrow/Left Wide/Right
Posts: 2,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy McHaggis View Post
Have a question. I'm a UAL guy and a buddy of mine here at UAL was (somewhat rightfully) p*ssed at our relatively meager profit sharing check this year. % wise it's just north of half of what it was last year.

Anyway, he was going on about how good Delta's PS was this year. He said the AVERAGE FO profit sharing check is $60,000. Though I know profit sharing was pretty good, I thought that seemed a little high. Can y'all give me some data points of what the profit sharing numbers are for different places on the seniority list. 12yr WBFOs, narrow body captains, junior, senior, whatever.
I know a 12 yr WBFO that made $37,185 in PS
I know a 3.5 yr 320 cappy that made $35,200 in PS
full of luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:34 PM   #6
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Position: 737
Posts: 1,054
Default Question on Delta's Profit Sharing

My WAG is the average for FOs is, and I know this is wide range but remember itís as educated a guess I can muster, around $25-35k. I was mostly on 3rd year NB pay last year and made out with just under $23k in PS and that was with absolutely zero premium pay.
WhiskeyDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:35 PM   #7
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,207
Default

Dalpa probably knows the average.

60k is probably not a good wag. 35k maybe. Appreciate PS does not pay on anything but flight pay.

Its not too much of a stretch to imagine a lot of FOs total compensation last year FP+PS+excess 401k pushed them to 300k+.

Which could lead to a distorted wag on what 15% PS this year would yield.
BobZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:53 PM   #8
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy McHaggis View Post
That's kind of what I was wondering. I'm sure there are some that made that kind of coin, but it seems a little high.
Thatís way to high. The average PS check overall will probably be about 40k. Keep in mind however that unlike UAL our PS is pensionable. 40k would earn a additional 6,400 in retirement. In effect it takes 15% up to 17.4%.
sailingfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:56 PM   #9
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2015
Posts: 1,680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Thatís way to high. The average PS check overall will probably be about 40k. Keep in mind however that unlike UAL our PS is pensionable. 40k would earn a additional 6,400 in retirement. In effect it takes 15% up to 17.4%.
This would have been a bad week to put it in the market.
Hank Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:11 PM   #10
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Thatís way to high. The average PS check overall will probably be about 40k. Keep in mind however that unlike UAL our PS is pensionable. 40k would earn a additional 6,400 in retirement. In effect it takes 15% up to 17.4%.
Forgot abt that. So in total $ one should addy that couple % to the PS number.

And if you are on LTD that 16% 401doubles.
BobZ is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Atlas Air Hiring 1st Supersonic Hiring News 16770 Today 06:50 PM
All things - Profit Sharing Rabid Seagull Delta 21 07-09-2015 11:26 AM
UAL Council 11 Chairman on Delta TA Pilotfo64 Delta 21 07-08-2015 03:46 PM
Profit Sharing Grievance jsled United 206 02-18-2015 01:26 AM
Good perspective from former APA President A321 American 89 01-28-2015 07:55 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:54 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.3, Copyright ©2000-2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017 Internet Brands, Inc.