Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2018, 10:10 AM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,896
Default Upgrade Request while on a full-fare ticket

Traveling on a full fare ticket on our metal and was wondering if anyone has had any experience getting upgraded to first if available.

Young kids, so not ready to play the non-rev game just yet.

Thought about listing as a non-rev for first on the same flight, but somehow I donít think that would be appropriate. I would absolutely NOT try to get a refund or cancel my full fare ticket in this case. I realize that a big No No.

Just cursious if we are granted any priority for first class upgrade requests while traveling on a full fare ticket as employees.

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
DeadHead is offline  
Old 06-07-2018, 10:18 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
Traveling on a full fare ticket on our metal and was wondering if anyone has had any experience getting upgraded to first if available.

Young kids, so not ready to play the non-rev game just yet.

Thought about listing as a non-rev for first on the same flight, but somehow I donít think that would be appropriate. I would absolutely NOT try to get a refund or cancel my full fare ticket in this case. I realize that a big No No.

Just cursious if we are granted any priority for first class upgrade requests while traveling on a full fare ticket as employees.

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Doesn't work that way.
TED74 is offline  
Old 06-07-2018, 10:24 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,104
Default

you cant list as a non rev for the same city pair/market that you hold a confirmed or canceled ticket on same day.
tunes is online now  
Old 06-07-2018, 10:42 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,896
Default

Thatís what I thought. Just figured Iíd ask. Thanks.
DeadHead is offline  
Old 06-07-2018, 12:23 PM   #5  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: Disgruntled Puppy FO
Posts: 34
Default

But might be worth checking in with the gate agent and casually letting them know you are an employee. It worked out for my family once when they were oversold in coach and needed to move someone into Comfort+...once she figured out I was Delta she chose us to move up
Bait is online now  
Old 06-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.
Posts: 3,257
Default

I've seen it offered at check-in for an additional fee. Upgraded the wife on a paid ticket once for $79 at check-in. Listing as a non-rev when you hold a paid ticket is a definite no no. IMO, not worth pressing to test for a sandwich, a few drinks and a wider seat.
freezingflyboy is offline  
Old 06-07-2018, 03:03 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezingflyboy View Post
I've seen it offered at check-in for an additional fee. Upgraded the wife on a paid ticket once for $79 at check-in. Listing as a non-rev when you hold a paid ticket is a definite no no. IMO, not worth pressing to test for a sandwich, a few drinks and a wider seat.
Itíd be for an international leg JFK-ATH thatís the only reason Iíd like to try for it. I wouldnít even bother for a domestic leg.

I donít think that last minute upgrade applies up international long haul flights, but not sure.

Definitely donít want to do anything shady here.
DeadHead is offline  
Old 06-07-2018, 03:05 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
But might be worth checking in with the gate agent and casually letting them know you are an employee. It worked out for my family once when they were oversold in coach and needed to move someone into Comfort+...once she figured out I was Delta she chose us to move up
Yeah thatís what I was thinking. Doesnít hurt to try.
DeadHead is offline  
Old 06-07-2018, 03:51 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2012
Posts: 389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
Traveling on a full fare ticket on our metal and was wondering if anyone has had any experience getting upgraded to first if available.

Young kids, so not ready to play the non-rev game just yet.

Thought about listing as a non-rev for first on the same flight, but somehow I donít think that would be appropriate. I would absolutely NOT try to get a refund or cancel my full fare ticket in this case. I realize that a big No No.

Just cursious if we are granted any priority for first class upgrade requests while traveling on a full fare ticket as employees.

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Best way to fly first with kids is just to buy first class tickets. Non rev is a nice benefit when it works. The problem is when it doesn't especially with a family, too much headache these days. Marketing is doing a great job at keeping the planes full which is good for company and good for profit sharing but bad for non revving. Get a greenslip buy some tickets and travel in peace. Good Luck!!!!!
vilcas is offline  
Old 06-07-2018, 05:12 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilcas View Post
Best way to fly first with kids is just to buy first class tickets. Non rev is a nice benefit when it works. The problem is when it doesn't especially with a family, too much headache these days. Marketing is doing a great job at keeping the planes full which is good for company and good for profit sharing but bad for non revving. Get a greenslip buy some tickets and travel in peace. Good Luck!!!!!
Family of four jfk to ath next month for only $16k and that's mixed cabins, not FC the whole way. Any chance you're a 350 guy?
TED74 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta? Guard Dude Delta 198513 Today 01:12 PM
New Pinnacle Pass program PinnacleFO Regional 53 12-13-2010 12:04 PM
Fare hike & the masses follow... SoCalGuy Major 0 10-14-2009 01:33 PM
JetBlue Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2006 Results Gman JetBlue 23 02-09-2007 06:16 AM
how to beat a speeding ticket Tech Maven Hangar Talk 17 10-30-2006 10:41 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:48 PM.