Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > > >
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-15-2018, 07:57 AM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: student
Posts: 41
Default Base, aircraft, seniority

Iím sure the info is scattered around here somewhere, but I thought it might be a good idea to consolidate. Which bases have which aircraft and how much time to hold that base/aircraft combo? Teamwork makes the dream work.
kyavn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:01 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
saturn's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2012
Position: Supreme Allied Commander
Posts: 442
Default

Bases and jr FO for a new guys looking in: *nh=new hire, y=year, m=months

ATL- 777(10y), 330(8y), 764(4y), 767/757(15m), 320(11m), 737(6m), MD88(nh), 717(nh)
CVG- 737(nh)
DTW- 350(8y), 330(3y), 767/757(11m), 320(10m), 737(12m), 717(nh)
LAX- 777(3y), 767/757(7m), 737(nh), 717(7m)
MSP- 330(10y), 767/757(2y), 320(1y), 737(2y)
NYC:JFK/LGA/EWR- 330(3y), 764(2y), 767/757(nh), 320(nh), 737(nh), 717(nh), 220(nh)
SEA: 330(7y), 767/757(12m), 737(nh)
SLC: 767/757(10m), 320(9m), 737(nh), 220(nh)
saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #3  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: student
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn View Post
Bases and jr FO for a new guys looking in: *nh=new hire, y=year, m=months

ATL- 777(10y), 330(8y), 764(4y), 767/757(15m), 320(11m), 737(6m), MD88(nh), 717(nh)
CVG- 737(nh)
DTW- 350(8y), 330(3y), 767/757(11m), 320(10m), 737(12m), 717(nh)
LAX- 777(3y), 767/757(7m), 737(nh), 717(7m)
MSP- 330(10y), 767/757(2y), 320(1y), 737(2y)
NYC:JFK/LGA/EWR- 330(3y), 764(2y), 767/757(nh), 320(nh), 737(nh), 717(nh), 220(nh)
SEA: 330(7y), 767/757(12m), 737(nh)
SLC: 767/757(10m), 320(9m), 737(nh), 220(nh)
Awesome info! Youíre the man! (Or woman, donít wanna assume)
kyavn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 01:12 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
sargeanb's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: E170 CA
Posts: 190
Default

New hires are getting CVG? I always hear that it is a small, very senior base in danger of closing soon. I live 10 mins from CVG, so that peaked my interest.😁
sargeanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 02:43 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Dirtdiver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 767A
Posts: 765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeanb View Post
New hires are getting CVG? I always hear that it is a small, very senior base in danger of closing soon. I live 10 mins from CVG, so that peaked my interest.😁
No one can figure out why itís still open. Probably just because DL hates to give a paid move.
Dirtdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:14 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2016
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn View Post
Bases and jr FO for a new guys looking in: *nh=new hire, y=year, m=months

ATL- 777(10y), 330(8y), 764(4y), 767/757(15m), 320(11m), 737(6m), MD88(nh), 717(nh)
CVG- 737(nh)
DTW- 350(8y), 330(3y), 767/757(11m), 320(10m), 737(12m), 717(nh)
LAX- 777(3y), 767/757(7m), 737(nh), 717(7m)
MSP- 330(10y), 767/757(2y), 320(1y), 737(2y)
NYC:JFK/LGA/EWR- 330(3y), 764(2y), 767/757(nh), 320(nh), 737(nh), 717(nh), 220(nh)
SEA: 330(7y), 767/757(12m), 737(nh)
SLC: 767/757(10m), 320(9m), 737(nh), 220(nh)
You are saying it takes less time to get an A350 than a 777? Or is ATL 777B that senior?
C130driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:21 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdiver View Post
No one can figure out why itís still open. Probably just because DL hates to give a paid move.
If I were considering employment with Delta, I would personally strike CVG from my mind. Yes, it's a base. Yes, one could conceivably get it as a new hire. But I suspect it'll close once enough of the CVG-based pilots age out (if not sooner). It seems like a large number of their trips start or end with a dead head and sooner or later the company is going to tire of paying that credit. It wouldn't surprise me if the status of CVG ended up being a pawn during C19 negotiations.

Newbie QOL for most who live in Cincinnati is probably better commuting to DTW. I also don't live there, so I could be way off.
TED74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:38 PM   #8  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TED74 View Post
If I were considering employment with Delta, I would personally strike CVG from my mind. Yes, it's a base. Yes, one could conceivably get it as a new hire. But I suspect it'll close once enough of the CVG-based pilots age out (if not sooner). It seems like a large number of their trips start or end with a dead head and sooner or later the company is going to tire of paying that credit. It wouldn't surprise me if the status of CVG ended up being a pawn during C19 negotiations.

Newbie QOL for most who live in Cincinnati is probably better commuting to DTW. I also don't live there, so I could be way off.
I commute to ATL From CVG. Itís easy peasy. DTW only has 4 -5 RJs a day or a 4 hour drive.
MJP27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:53 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2011
Posts: 673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C130driver View Post
You are saying it takes less time to get an A350 than a 777? Or is ATL 777B that senior?
Atl is that senior
NoDeskJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 07:46 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2015
Posts: 1,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdiver View Post
No one can figure out why itís still open. Probably just because DL hates to give a paid move.
Skyline chili is a huge corporate account.
Hank Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CFI FIA versus CPL written dl773 Flight Schools and Training 2 06-17-2014 04:03 PM
SLI work begins APC225 United 92 12-22-2012 05:29 AM
TA passes Kayco United 38 11-13-2012 03:18 PM
DAL TA. Early returns. APC225 United 13 05-29-2012 11:35 AM
FDX TA-Issues surrounding grievance 10-02 Underdog Cargo 51 03-11-2011 12:56 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:57 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1