Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Delta (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/delta/)
-   -   Delta Connection and FWV (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/delta/119987-delta-connection-fwv.html)

NeverFlexTO 02-13-2019 02:18 PM

Delta Connection and FWV
 
Why are we not sharing our turbulence app with DCI carriers...not saying this would have been prevented it but, after all they are our customers. It was a DC E175 aircraft btw

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ng/2864739002/

sailingfun 02-13-2019 02:39 PM

It looks like the turbulence was well forecast. In fact when I was based out if LAX you always knew to be very careful crossing the Sierra area with a major front moving through. Hard to imagine what they were thinking flying that area with the flight attendants up and serving. If a forecast for potential severe turbulence was not enough I doubt the app would have made any difference.

Mesabah 02-13-2019 04:40 PM

Apps we use on the job are subject to regulations, I would bet they want to share, but I doubt they can without major hurdles.

Baradium 02-13-2019 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mesabah (Post 2763647)
Apps we use on the job are subject to regulations, I would bet they want to share, but I doubt they can without major hurdles.

I could see Endeavor getting it eventually, but only if all of the aircraft end up with wifi. I don't believe we'd let anyone have it who would then be using it to the benefit of flights they operate for other carriers.

NeverFlexTO 02-14-2019 04:34 AM

All the 3 class DCI RJs have WiFi, and they all have the SSID we have on our jets...try and pull up FWV next time you’re on one, works just fine. Infrastructure is there, switch just needs to be flipped...

Gunfighter 02-14-2019 09:57 AM

I use it when commuting to see how bad I will get bounced around.

m3113n1a1 02-14-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunfighter (Post 2764150)
I use it when commuting to see how bad I will get bounced around.

Does the flight plan load when you put in the compass/skywest/endeavor flight number?

zrls124 02-14-2019 10:18 AM

Maybe a good wakeup call for Delta to collaborate more with their regional partners when it comes to things like this. Compass uses iPad's and has wifi. It's hard to think of a reason why they shouldn't have access to the FWV. They are flying the same Delta passengers.

With the weather in the area it doesn't seem like there would be a smooth ride over the Sierra's, but it's also hard to know what type of information they were given by dispatch and ATC. The Compass crews are professionals, and I highly doubt the FA's would have been out of their seats if the crew had any idea the ride was going to get bad.

sailingfun 02-14-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zrls124 (Post 2764171)
Maybe a good wakeup call for Delta to collaborate more with their regional partners when it comes to things like this. Compass uses iPad's and has wifi. It's hard to think of a reason why they shouldn't have access to the FWV. They are flying the same Delta passengers.

With the weather in the area it doesn't seem like there would be a smooth ride over the Sierra's, but it's also hard to know what type of information they were given by dispatch and ATC. The Compass crews are professionals, and I highly doubt the FA's would have been out of their seats if the crew had any idea the ride was going to get bad.

The forecast all day was for possible severe turbulence.

trip 02-14-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailingfun (Post 2764180)
The forecast all day was for possible severe turbulence.

You got the link for this severe sigmet that was issued before before this flight dispatched? Just curious as you seem to have some good information your withholding?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:53 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands