Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2019, 01:38 AM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,525
Default C2019 Completed By The Amendable Date

Captain Gumm’s May 29th weekly update is definitely worth a read.

A common goal with ALPA of completing C2019 by the amendable date of 12/31/19.

Negotiating 5 of the next 8 weeks.

In my opinion this is a very positive shift in management’s strategy.

The gap between Delta vs American and United in terms of quality transportation companies is widening by the week. Given the current level of profitability at Delta plus the upcoming $7 Billion annually in 36 months from the recent American Express deal, it makes perfect sense to share this success with the Delta pilots.

I admire Captain Gumm’s proactive leadership. We all know negotiations are never a walk in the park. That said, dragging things out for years is bad for business. It harms the culture and crushes morale.

The tireless preparation by our negotiating committee, admin and MEC has us well prepared for success. We couldn’t be in better hands.

Last edited by gzsg; 05-30-2019 at 01:49 AM.
gzsg is offline  
Old 05-30-2019, 04:14 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 13,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzsg View Post
Captain Gumm’s May 29th weekly update is definitely worth a read.

A common goal with ALPA of completing C2019 by the amendable date of 12/31/19.

Negotiating 5 of the next 8 weeks.

In my opinion this is a very positive shift in management’s strategy.

The gap between Delta vs American and United in terms of quality transportation companies is widening by the week. Given the current level of profitability at Delta plus the upcoming $7 Billion annually in 36 months from the recent American Express deal, it makes perfect sense to share this success with the Delta pilots.

I admire Captain Gumm’s proactive leadership. We all know negotiations are never a walk in the park. That said, dragging things out for years is bad for business. It harms the culture and crushes morale.

The tireless preparation by our negotiating committee, admin and MEC has us well prepared for success. We couldn’t be in better hands.
There you go with the 7 billion from AMex again. Please explain how much of that is above today’s levels and of that increase in revenue how much the most optimistic forcasts will have it adding to the bottom line as profit.
This is getting to be like your fuel discussions where over and over again you took the wholesale price of jet fuel and compared it to the retail price saying Delta was saving billions.
Besides you already stated you will be happy with only 700 million in contract improvements. That will fund a total of about 16% in raises and zero quality of life improvements. I want a bit more!
sailingfun is offline  
Old 05-30-2019, 04:57 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: Pre-flighter, but only when raining or temp <50F
Posts: 680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
There you go with the 7 billion from AMex again. Please explain how much of that is above todayís levels and of that increase in revenue how much the most optimistic forcasts will have it adding to the bottom line as profit.
When the new AMEX deal was announced, I believe it stated that we currently get around $3.5B from Amex, so $7B would be double.
DWC CAP10 USAF is online now  
Old 05-30-2019, 05:54 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 13,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC CAP10 USAF View Post
When the new AMEX deal was announced, I believe it stated that we currently get around $3.5B from Amex, so $7B would be double.
Thatís basically the correct number. Revenue will rise 3.5 to 3.6 billion if Delta meets their projection. Several analysts have called that number into question and asked Delta for specifics on how they will achieve that. Delta declined to provide answers. If the do hit the most optimistic profit margins on 3.6 billion we could see 1.8 billion in increased profit. Keep in mind Delta also predicted we would be above 10 million in profit in 2018.
sailingfun is offline  
Old 05-30-2019, 06:10 AM   #5  
Super Moderator
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 737
Posts: 5,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Thatís basically the correct number. Revenue will rise 3.5 to 3.6 billion if Delta meets their projection. Several analysts have called that number into question and asked Delta for specifics on how they will achieve that. Delta declined to provide answers. If the do hit the most optimistic profit margins on 3.6 billion we could see 1.8 billion in increased profit. Keep in mind Delta also predicted we would be above 10 million in profit in 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKKHSAE1gIs
Scoop is offline  
Old 05-30-2019, 06:31 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzsg View Post
Captain Gummís May 29th weekly update is definitely worth a read.

A common goal with ALPA of completing C2019 by the amendable date of 12/31/19.

Negotiating 5 of the next 8 weeks.

In my opinion this is a very positive shift in managementís strategy.

The gap between Delta vs American and United in terms of quality transportation companies is widening by the week. Given the current level of profitability at Delta plus the upcoming $7 Billion annually in 36 months from the recent American Express deal, it makes perfect sense to share this success with the Delta pilots.

I admire Captain Gummís proactive leadership. We all know negotiations are never a walk in the park. That said, dragging things out for years is bad for business. It harms the culture and crushes morale.

The tireless preparation by our negotiating committee, admin and MEC has us well prepared for success. We couldnít be in better hands.
Good boy, good boy. Pat, pat, pat.....How about you roll over and let Uncle Clark scratch your belly.
Fredturbo is offline  
Old 05-30-2019, 09:21 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Captain
Posts: 802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzsg View Post
Captain Gumm’s May 29th weekly update is definitely worth a read.

A common goal with ALPA of completing C2019 by the amendable date of 12/31/19.

Negotiating 5 of the next 8 weeks.

In my opinion this is a very positive shift in management’s strategy.

The gap between Delta vs American and United in terms of quality transportation companies is widening by the week. Given the current level of profitability at Delta plus the upcoming $7 Billion annually in 36 months from the recent American Express deal, it makes perfect sense to share this success with the Delta pilots.

I admire Captain Gumm’s proactive leadership. We all know negotiations are never a walk in the park. That said, dragging things out for years is bad for business. It harms the culture and crushes morale.

The tireless preparation by our negotiating committee, admin and MEC has us well prepared for success. We couldn’t be in better hands.





Not following management as much as you do
But
Is Gumm a captain ?
Sniper66 is offline  
Old 05-30-2019, 09:28 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: A330 First Officer
Posts: 1,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper66 View Post
Not following management as much as you do
But
Is Gumm a captain ?
As a Nov 16 hire I don't think so but management pilots live in a different world when it comes to aircraft for instance Joe K being a 777 Capt.
DALMD88FO is offline  
Old 05-30-2019, 11:39 AM   #9  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Dec 2018
Posts: 665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper66 View Post
Not following management as much as you do
But
Is Gumm a captain ?
I mean, we all understand that "captain" is generally a meaningless title, especially considering it requires no real additional skills and only two days of additional training over the course of a 35 year career, right?
ChecklistMonkey is offline  
Old 05-30-2019, 12:01 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: Stretch DC-9 Gear Slinger
Posts: 496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChecklistMonkey View Post
I mean, we all understand that "captain" is generally a meaningless title, especially considering it requires no real additional skills and only two days of additional training over the course of a 35 year career, right?
Oh boy this should be good!!! 🍿🤣
Klondike Bear is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Contract amendable date? hilltopflyer JetBlue 1 04-01-2019 10:36 AM
UPA amendable date! Ni hao United 114 02-06-2019 06:55 PM
jobs, for those looking for one jet320 Foreign 4 05-27-2008 02:38 PM
FedEX TA bonus payments Freight Dog Cargo 41 09-11-2006 05:02 PM
surprising expiration dates Tech Maven Pilot Health 2 01-01-2006 04:27 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:02 AM.