Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2020, 07:32 AM   #591  
On Reserve
 
ejpogo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2013
Position: 73N FO
Posts: 15
Default

I have a 5 day trip that was NOOPed starting Dec 29. I am assuming that I will have recovery obligations that go through Jan 2 if I do not put in a recovery slip. Just curious because the 23k is not reflected in my Jan time card or showing up as 23k for Jan 1 and 2 in MiCrew. I just want to make sure that 23k obligations are based on rotation even if they spill into the next bid period. Thanks.
ejpogo is offline  
Old 12-21-2020, 08:37 AM   #592  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DWC CAP10 USAF's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: UNAcorn
Posts: 1,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejpogo View Post
I have a 5 day trip that was NOOPed starting Dec 29. I am assuming that I will have recovery obligations that go through Jan 2 if I do not put in a recovery slip. Just curious because the 23k is not reflected in my Jan time card or showing up as 23k for Jan 1 and 2 in MiCrew. I just want to make sure that 23k obligations are based on rotation even if they spill into the next bid period. Thanks.
not that I can find it written in the PWA, but over the last few months it appears scheds was not assigning recovery obligations to folks when the spillover trip was NOOP’d.

Also, the “23k” on your schedule is a pay code, not an indicator of obligation status.
DWC CAP10 USAF is offline  
Old 12-21-2020, 01:08 PM   #593  
Rerouted On Weekends
 
Jaww's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: 320B
Posts: 1,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC CAP10 USAF View Post
not that I can find it written in the PWA, but over the last few months it appears scheds was not assigning recovery obligations to folks when the spillover trip was NOOP’d.

Also, the “23k” on your schedule is a pay code, not an indicator of obligation status.

Correct. That part of your trip is gone just like if they adjusted the schedule before the publishing of the new bid package. If if was after, you would have recovery obligations.
Jaww is offline  
Old 12-21-2020, 03:19 PM   #594  
Gets Weekends Off
 
MJP27's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejpogo View Post
I have a 5 day trip that was NOOPed starting Dec 29. I am assuming that I will have recovery obligations that go through Jan 2 if I do not put in a recovery slip. Just curious because the 23k is not reflected in my Jan time card or showing up as 23k for Jan 1 and 2 in MiCrew. I just want to make sure that 23k obligations are based on rotation even if they spill into the next bid period. Thanks.
it depends if it noop'd before or after the bid adjustment process. I had a 5 day carry out last month. My recover obligation was only for the 1 day in November and not the four days in December. My schedule I MiCrew still showed 23k for December but there was no recovery obligation outside of 30 Nov
MJP27 is offline  
Old 01-04-2021, 01:43 PM   #595  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ERflyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2012
Posts: 1,308
Default

I had a 3-day trip 23K and was canceled.
Can I PCS a recovery 2-day trip for days one and two to satisfy the 50% rule, and then later White Slip a 1-day trip on day three to make more?
ERflyer is offline  
Old 01-04-2021, 01:56 PM   #596  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DWC CAP10 USAF's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: UNAcorn
Posts: 1,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERflyer View Post
I had a 3-day trip 23K and was canceled.
Can I PCS a recovery 2-day trip for days one and two to satisfy the 50% rule, and then later White Slip a 1-day trip on day three to make more?
1) Are you saying your rotation was cancelled and you got 23K? Or are you saying your 23K trip is cancelled?

2) If you have 23K rotation, you may submit a recovery slip, and rotation you pick up must be worth at least 50% of the credit value (not days of rotation)

3) If your 23K rotation has been cancelled, we are not in a double 23K situation, so you would be free to WS/GS over the entire footprint of the original rotation.
DWC CAP10 USAF is offline  
Old 01-04-2021, 02:02 PM   #597  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ERflyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2012
Posts: 1,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC CAP10 USAF View Post
1) Are you saying your rotation was cancelled and you got 23K? Or are you saying your 23K trip is cancelled?

2) If you have 23K rotation, you may submit a recovery slip, and rotation you pick up must be worth at least 50% of the credit value (not days of rotation)

3) If your 23K rotation has been cancelled, we are not in a double 23K situation, so you would be free to WS/GS over the entire footprint of the original rotation.
I was placed on 23K after my trip canceled.

Thanks for the input. That’s what I thought too for 2) and 3) but wanted confirmation.
ERflyer is offline  
Old 01-29-2021, 02:59 PM   #598  
Line Holder
 
konabear's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2020
Posts: 53
Default Recovery question

If I try to swap with the pot for a rotation that already shows one of the legs is cancelled and am successful, will the rotation/I be subject to recovery when I show up at report time?
konabear is offline  
Old 01-29-2021, 08:23 PM   #599  
Line Holder
 
konabear's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2020
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by konabear View Post
If I try to swap with the pot for a rotation that already shows one of the legs is cancelled and am successful, will the rotation/I be subject to recovery when I show up at report time?
So the swap was denied. The reason given was the rotation contains a cancelled leg/equipment sub.
konabear is offline  
Old 02-05-2021, 03:30 PM   #600  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Buck Rogers's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJP27 View Post
it depends if it noop'd before or after the bid adjustment process. I had a 5 day carry out last month. My recover obligation was only for the 1 day in November and not the four days in December. My schedule I MiCrew still showed 23k for December but there was no recovery obligation outside of 30 Nov
I
In your case, did they noop it before the bid adjustment? If so, were you able to bid a trip on 1 or 2 dec to block(minimize) the chance of getting assigned 23.k in nov?
Additionally, as I read the contract, you are pay protected for the Nov time but SOL for the dec time?...these are questions...not statements
Buck Rogers is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Day Show/Last Day Release 2GoodEngines ExpressJet 27 01-21-2020 07:49 PM
Trans States CaptainCarl Trans States Airlines 10900 12-31-2015 12:54 PM
Pinnacle TA Summary Pinchanickled Regional 11 12-21-2010 04:58 PM
FedEx Busiest Day vagabond Cargo 4 12-14-2010 07:03 AM
Bad Day - Worse Day (trip) trade at ASA? meloveboeing Regional 5 10-02-2010 08:47 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:03 AM.