Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2020, 10:50 AM   #31  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ChazzMMichaels's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2013
Position: Doggie Style
Posts: 267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltabound View Post
Here's why people won't travel.

WA state is currently under "shelter in place orders."

Unless you're an "essential business".

Is your business "essential"? Well, just check in with the state governor page...(if you're not on it, don't worry, you can apply for a variance, because the government is still open!. Might take a few weeks though, unless your business trades on the NYSE, in which case, we're sorry we missed you on the "essential" list the first time.)

But that's just PHASE ONE! ...plenty of rules to follow, but we're just getting started!

Yes, once your county reports less than 10 cases per 100,000 persons over a 14 day span...you can apply for...

PHASE TWO!

This means lots of pages of new regulations to be in compliance with, for severely restricted business opening. Not open enough to do anything except lose money, of course. (You'll be taxed though, you can be sure of that).

PHASE THREE (more of same)

PHASE FOUR (It don't matter, because now you're in Mad Max Ville, but with RULES. Lots and lots of rules.)

See a rule breaker out there? Well, the state government page has a very helpful form where you can autonomously TURN IN YOUR NEIGHBORS for suspected rule violations! You're a HERO.

Etc...Who on earth would want to travel to Washington State like this? Seriously. It not just that everything is closed; you're likely to be pulled over by the police just for driving/walking down the road/sidewalk.

Airline demand to markets like LAX, NYC, SEA are TOAST until all this goes away.
Yeah it’s awful. Really, don’t even think about moving to SEA. Whatever you do don’t bid for anything in SEA.
ChazzMMichaels is online now  
Old 05-22-2020, 10:59 AM   #32  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CBreezy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking busdvr View Post
But don’t discount the amount of air travel wanted to get people out of these totalitarian regime states....
Totalitarian regime. Lol at you.
CBreezy is offline  
Old 05-22-2020, 01:02 PM   #33  
Line Holder
 
DenVa's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltabound View Post
Here's why people won't travel.

WA state is currently under "shelter in place orders."

Unless you're an "essential business".

Is your business "essential"? Well, just check in with the state governor page...(if you're not on it, don't worry, you can apply for a variance, because the government is still open!. Might take a few weeks though, unless your business trades on the NYSE, in which case, we're sorry we missed you on the "essential" list the first time.)

But that's just PHASE ONE! ...plenty of rules to follow, but we're just getting started!

Yes, once your county reports less than 10 cases per 100,000 persons over a 14 day span...you can apply for...

PHASE TWO!

This means lots of pages of new regulations to be in compliance with, for severely restricted business opening. Not open enough to do anything except lose money, of course. (You'll be taxed though, you can be sure of that).

PHASE THREE (more of same)

PHASE FOUR (It don't matter, because now you're in Mad Max Ville, but with RULES. Lots and lots of rules.)

See a rule breaker out there? Well, the state government page has a very helpful form where you can autonomously TURN IN YOUR NEIGHBORS for suspected rule violations! You're a HERO.

Etc...Who on earth would want to travel to Washington State like this? Seriously. It not just that everything is closed; you're likely to be pulled over by the police just for driving/walking down the road/sidewalk.

Airline demand to markets like LAX, NYC, SEA are TOAST until all this goes away.
I would be all over the governor, mayor, senators, any political figure. Get every Alaska pilot, Delta pilot, anyone that wants it open to tell them they won’t have your vote unless it changes. The only thing that will change it, is if they think they won’t get re-elected. That’s what is most important to them now.

they are talking about school being one day a week where I live. Online the other days. Everyone with a kid in school should be writing the school board and governor, and telling them they need another plan or they will be on the sidelines after the next election!
DenVa is offline  
Old 05-22-2020, 03:21 PM   #34  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Viking busdvr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Posts: 621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
Totalitarian regime. Lol at you.
Did you not hear Washington’s governor Inslee’s last speech WRT opening the state up? Short clip posted below of it.....
Viking busdvr is online now  
Old 05-22-2020, 03:30 PM   #35  
Line Holder
 
opt0712's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2012
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea72580 View Post
318,000 TSA pax yesterday. First time crossing into double digit % compared to last year. 11.2%.

KEEP CLIMBING
Good to see. Hopefully they add more capacity soon.
opt0712 is offline  
Old 05-22-2020, 04:18 PM   #36  
Gets Weekends Off
 
deltabound's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMMichaels View Post
Yeah it’s awful. Really, don’t even think about moving to SEA. Whatever you do don’t bid for anything in SEA.
Hah! Well, I'm pretty sure my wife will divorce me if I make her move again and [checks revised figures..nope] it looks like with "the troubles" coming Big-D's way, I won't be jostling for your spot. Can't speak for the other 14000+ blokes here.

I also see that the great state of WA got scammed for tens, if not hundreds of millions of dollars in unemployment payouts to...wait for it...NIGERIA.

Good lord.
deltabound is offline  
Old 05-22-2020, 04:41 PM   #37  
veut gagner à la loterie
 
forgot to bid's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop
Posts: 23,146
Default

Seems to me that sea, lax, sfo and the like will be very busy. Full out. Empty back in. Still.
forgot to bid is online now  
Old 05-22-2020, 04:43 PM   #38  
Super Moderator
 
Scoop's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 737
Posts: 5,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Kingsley View Post
IF you can believe the polling data regarding opening up the country. The majority appear to want to go slow, which means flying is not on the agenda. With a vaccine, different story.

Well what do I do if I don't believe most polls? As far as polling goes put me down as a skeptic. We all know how you can sway the outcome by how you phrase the questions. It seems to me most polls today are designed to validate a predetermined point of view, vice truly trying to determine a point of view.

Lets ask President Hillary Clinton what she thinks of polls since according to almost all the pre-election the polls she won by a landslide.


Scoop
Scoop is offline  
Old 05-22-2020, 05:46 PM   #39  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Gspeed's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
Well what do I do if I don't believe most polls? As far as polling goes put me down as a skeptic. We all know how you can sway the outcome by how you phrase the questions. It seems to me most polls today are designed to validate a predetermined point of view, vice truly trying to determine a point of view.

Lets ask President Hillary Clinton what she thinks of polls since according to almost all the pre-election the polls she won by a landslide.


Scoop
Uh, she did win. By ~3M votes. It's just that our system doesn't use that.
Gspeed is offline  
Old 05-22-2020, 05:49 PM   #40  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Gone Flying's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: CRJ FO
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gspeed View Post
Uh, she did win. By ~3M votes. It's just that our system doesn't use that.
she was predicted to win numerous swing states that she lost. most predictions i saw had her well over 300 electoral votes
Gone Flying is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good News at Delta Planetrain Delta 90 10-27-2018 08:45 PM
Why Good News For Travelers Is Killing Airlin iahflyr Major 9 08-03-2016 09:06 AM
Good news for AA pilots Splanky Major 4 09-12-2008 04:30 PM
Skywest Good News???? ladder1423 Regional 95 10-16-2007 01:20 PM
UPS poolies, good news Freighter Captain Hiring News 3 05-16-2005 12:45 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:42 PM.