Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2020, 05:18 AM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
hockeypilot44's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppping View Post
Between Delta and the Navy Reservers I was gone ALOT. Covid hits and home for 4 months and every fault that was hidden in the marriage now had a spotlight on it.
I decided to keep our faults hidden. I took up golf and fished more. Even at the height of the shutdowns, I could still golf and fish.
hockeypilot44 is offline  
Old 12-29-2020, 10:51 AM   #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Crown's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2016
Position: Not an RJ driver anymore
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppping View Post
Between Delta and the Navy Reservers I was gone ALOT. Covid hits and home for 4 months and every fault that was hidden in the marriage now had a spotlight on it.
pm if you want talk/vent to get things off your chest. I'm not a divorcee myself but I'm a good listener
Crown is offline  
Old 12-29-2020, 11:56 AM   #13  
Can't abide NAI
 
Bucking Bar's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler
Posts: 11,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppping View Post
Would really like to try a reset but I donít know if itís feasible at this point. I would much rather mediate a divorce. I am not looking to screw her or the kids and create an even more toxic relationship post divorce. I only want whatís best for the kids and stability for all.
That's a very mature and responsible attitude.

Might try Gil Howard
Address: 3740 Canton Rd, Marietta, GA 30066
Phone: (770) 928-6886
Bucking Bar is offline  
Old 12-29-2020, 03:19 PM   #14  
75 most of the time
Thread Starter
 
ppping's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: 7ER B
Posts: 254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown View Post
pm if you want talk/vent to get things off your chest. I'm not a divorcee myself but I'm a good listener
I appreciate it thank you. Through all of this you get so caught up you unknowingly wind up cutting yourself off from your social network. It becomes all consuming. On the positive side I can bring it up with the guys I fly with and it breaks up the Covid/political discussions. Some of them have some amazing, uplifting and depressing divorce/almost divorced/should have divorced life lessons.
ppping is offline  
Old 12-29-2020, 03:20 PM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Gspeed's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Posts: 996
Default

I believe that ALPA has some resources as well. Itís worth giving the MEC office a call.
Gspeed is offline  
Old 12-29-2020, 03:29 PM   #16  
75 most of the time
Thread Starter
 
ppping's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: 7ER B
Posts: 254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
That's a very mature and responsible attitude.

Might try Gil Howard
Address: 3740 Canton Rd, Marietta, GA 30066
Phone: (770) 928-6886
Appreciated. I will look up Gil.
ppping is offline  
Old 12-29-2020, 05:52 PM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
boog123's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Capt
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppping View Post
Appreciated. I will look up Gil.
1. Learn the art of radio silence. The lawyers will listen to you and yours complain, whine and set strategy all day long......for 300/hour.....be prepared to spend thousands explaining to your lawyer, who will then try to explain to her lawyer, who will then have to explain to a judge how you are paid. Lawyers make money when people donít get along. Judges donít want to have to set a ruling, they want ďagreed ordersĒ. ďAgreed ordersĒ save everyone money, except the lawyers.

2. Radio silence with the ex also. She most likely wonít ever see your side, or admit to it.

3. Kids see everything, when they are teenagers, they eventually get thru the chaff.

4. Paying ďextraĒ and doing the right thing, doesnít always pay dividends.....prepare to be disappointed.

5. Ups and downs, canít unscramble eggs! Do the best you can, be a good dad. Thatís the golden ticket....
boog123 is offline  
Old 12-29-2020, 07:22 PM   #18  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Pogey Bait's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: Starboard Bus
Posts: 676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boog123 View Post
1. Learn the art of radio silence. The lawyers will listen to you and yours complain, whine and set strategy all day long......for 300/hour.....be prepared to spend thousands explaining to your lawyer, who will then try to explain to her lawyer, who will then have to explain to a judge how you are paid. Lawyers make money when people donít get along. Judges donít want to have to set a ruling, they want ďagreed ordersĒ. ďAgreed ordersĒ save everyone money, except the lawyers.

2. Radio silence with the ex also. She most likely wonít ever see your side, or admit to it.

3. Kids see everything, when they are teenagers, they eventually get thru the chaff.

4. Paying ďextraĒ and doing the right thing, doesnít always pay dividends.....prepare to be disappointed.

5. Ups and downs, canít unscramble eggs! Do the best you can, be a good dad. Thatís the golden ticket....
Good points for sure. There are many a DL pilots that I owe much gratitude too in helping me pull
through my divorce, all awhile a new hire in training. Truly the most stressful event thus far in my life. If I can add a another tidbit, at least in my state you file to reconcile the marriage over a period of time, say 6 months or so of time. Looking back this would have been a good choice, had I known in my divorce. With that said, all divorces are different and do some serious research (if need be) on the best representation you can find out there. Also find representation of the opposite sex than yourself.
Pogey Bait is offline  
Old 12-29-2020, 08:22 PM   #19  
On Reserve
 
Rowdy320's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Posts: 15
Default

Iíve had years listening to my fellow pilots going through this. My heart goes out to you. This was discussed many times on the old dalpa forum and chit chat. The one thing I remember being brought up is about Georgia law. They all tried to get to the viscous divorce attorneys that knew our contract in and out. Once you meet with them, they canít represent your spouse. It may cost you a few k but may be worth it. Jump on chit chat and ask the question. You will get the attorney names you may need.
Rowdy320 is offline  
Old 12-29-2020, 08:52 PM   #20  
75 most of the time
Thread Starter
 
ppping's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: 7ER B
Posts: 254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy320 View Post
Iíve had years listening to my fellow pilots going through this. My heart goes out to you. This was discussed many times on the old dalpa forum and chit chat. The one thing I remember being brought up is about Georgia law. They all tried to get to the viscous divorce attorneys that knew our contract in and out. Once you meet with them, they canít represent your spouse. It may cost you a few k but may be worth it. Jump on chit chat and ask the question. You will get the attorney names you may need.
I lurk on chit chat also and put it out there. Unfortunately my wife got to a pretty good divorce lawyer before I could pull a block, but good for her. On the positive side this lawyer, in addition to my wifeís friend who is also a lawyer, gave her the same advice that she isnít going to get as much as she was hoping for ie everything and her lifestyle doesnít change. Nobody is winning in a divorce. I feel for her, We had big dreams and those have changed. Itís sucks but it will be better than what was and who knows what the future holds.
ppping is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
worthwhile flight schools in and around atlanta Motosaki Flight Schools and Training 25 02-11-2009 12:06 AM
Lawyer sues Delta for ruining family vacation MikeB525 Major 1 05-28-2008 06:53 PM
Aviation Atlanta Looses Another Dutchess simuflite Flight Schools and Training 2 03-22-2008 05:51 AM
Relocation to Atlanta texaspilot76 Regional 30 04-06-2007 06:51 PM
AirTran Airways Races Into Richmond With New Daily Nonstop Flights To Atlanta and Phi Breton Hangar Talk 0 06-24-2005 03:57 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:39 AM.