Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2021, 05:28 AM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
boog123's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Capt
Posts: 1,244
Default

Call scheduling and ask if you can change it. I made a similar error and they were nice enough to fix it after I ask very humbly...
boog123 is offline  
Old 01-03-2021, 06:35 AM   #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Denny Crane's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: A330A for the time being...
Posts: 6,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
I have no idea why it was originally negotiated into the contract so this is purely speculation. I imagine it went something like, if we could have once a year where we could drop below min coverage to attend certain life events, that would be great. Okay, but what is to prevent them from GS over those days?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Basically this is correct. The APD is intended to be used when you really need time off for something major. If allowed to use it and fly over those days the majority of the usage would probably be to pick up a greenslip. Dropping trips with low reserve coverage obviously has cost consequences to the company so like most things in the contract itís a compromise.
ĎIt was originally called ďAuthorized LeaveĒ and it was 5 days long that was negotiated down to 3 days when I got hired. It was paid. As in you could drop a trip and get paid for it or drop reserve days and get paid, or at least not lose pay. This evolved into the APD in bad times.

Agree with what Sailing said above.

Denny
Denny Crane is offline  
Old 01-03-2021, 07:21 AM   #13  
Line Holder
 
10000's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: 7ER
Posts: 82
Default

Not to change the subject to much

Not finding the cutoff to put in for a PD (personal drop) to utilize a SUPP Day.

If the trip is on the 7th of January, does it need to be put in for when they run the cards at 7am for the PCS run on 6 January?
10000 is offline  
Old 01-03-2021, 07:44 AM   #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Denny Crane's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: A330A for the time being...
Posts: 6,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10000 View Post
Not to change the subject to much

Not finding the cutoff to put in for a PD (personal drop) to utilize a SUPP Day.

If the trip is on the 7th of January, does it need to be put in for when they run the cards at 7am for the PCS run on 6 January?
Any PB days from 2020 that became SUP days can be used to drop trips and get paid for them before the the new vacation year begins in April 2021.

Not sure if this is currently how itís done but in the past you needed to PD the trip and then call crew scheduling and tell them you want to use a SUP day/s to cover the trip. Donít wait till the last minute.

Denny
Denny Crane is offline  
Old 01-03-2021, 08:17 AM   #15  
Line Holder
 
10000's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: 7ER
Posts: 82
Default

Thanks Denny

Just trying to figure out when the cut off is or when its to late. Saving it in case of a swap with the pot till the cut off.

I'll PD it last minute if need be, or just fly it if i'm to late pulling the trigger. Just can't find the exact cut off time.

Since I have Feb/Mar, I'll get it done at some point to avoid the vacation day.
10000 is offline  
Old 01-03-2021, 09:18 AM   #16  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Denny Crane's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: A330A for the time being...
Posts: 6,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10000 View Post
Thanks Denny

Just trying to figure out when the cut off is or when its to late. Saving it in case of a swap with the pot till the cut off.

I'll PD it last minute if need be, or just fly it if i'm to late pulling the trigger. Just can't find the exact cut off time.

Since I have Feb/Mar, I'll get it done at some point to avoid the vacation day.
Sounds good! Iíd think that the last PCS when you can PD a trip for the next day would be the cut off. Lol! Not exactly sure which one that is!

Denny
Denny Crane is offline  
Old 01-03-2021, 09:41 AM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TED74's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
Sounds good! Iíd think that the last PCS when you can PD a trip for the next day would be the cut off. Lol! Not exactly sure which one that is!

Denny
IIRC, 2200 on Monday is the last opportunity to drop a trip on Friday.
TED74 is offline  
Old 01-03-2021, 10:43 AM   #18  
Gets Weekends Off
 
All 5 Stages's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
Any PB days from 2020 that became SUP days can be used to drop trips and get paid for them before the the new vacation year begins in April 2021.

Not sure if this is currently how itís done but in the past you needed to PD the trip and then call crew scheduling and tell them you want to use a SUP day/s to cover the trip. Donít wait till the last minute.

Denny
Scheduling Alert 20-25 outlines the new way to use SUP days -- PB days from 2020 -- in January, February, and March. You submit either a TOFF request form or a Payback Day request. If you call crew scheduling, they'll tell you to submit these forms.

A5S

Edit: The scheduling handbook says what Denny says to do, but it is apparently now outdated.

Edit 2: The links to the forms are in the 20-25 email.

Last edited by All 5 Stages; 01-03-2021 at 10:57 AM.
All 5 Stages is offline  
Old 01-03-2021, 10:47 AM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Denny Crane's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: A330A for the time being...
Posts: 6,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by All 5 Stages View Post
Scheduling Alert 20-25 outlines the new way to use SUP days -- PB days from 2020 -- in January, February, and March. You submit either a TOFF request form or a Payback Day request. If you call crew scheduling, they'll tell you to submit these forms.

A5S
Thanks for the info! I figured it might have changed since the last time I had PB days turn into SUPP days. Personally, I donít have to worry about them anymore!

Denny
Denny Crane is offline  
Old 01-03-2021, 10:49 AM   #20  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DWC CAP10 USAF's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: UNAcorn
Posts: 1,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetrain View Post
You sure itís all 5 days? APD is max 4.
23.I.10.c.1 says "single rotation of any length"

You might be confusing it with 23.I.10.c.2 which says "multiple rotations totaling no more than 4 consecutive days" or 23.I.10.c.3 which says "no more than four consecutive reserve on-call days"
DWC CAP10 USAF is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jump seat Question (from a non-pilot)? Horizon513 Hangar Talk 5 08-08-2010 11:27 AM
Fundamental Aircraft Handling Question RVSM Certified Flight Schools and Training 22 02-27-2009 01:04 PM
Question about ALTRAVs USMCFLYR Hangar Talk 3 08-23-2008 09:37 PM
new guy question cargo hopeful Cargo 21 03-05-2006 07:12 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:44 AM.