Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2021, 05:45 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Buck Rogers's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,543
Default Retirement and vacation bidding

ALPA sent out a blurb last week saying that an email or comms would be forthcoming from the company on what the options are for bidding vacation if one is retiring this year. I haven't seen anything...but it's possible I missed it. Anybody in this situation with further insight?

Course it also says the weeks available will be out on the 1st and they just posted that today....so it could be the "Delta standard" regarding IT issues
Buck Rogers is offline  
Old 01-05-2021, 07:57 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Denny Crane's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: A330A for the time being...
Posts: 6,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Rogers View Post
ALPA sent out a blurb last week saying that an email or comms would be forthcoming from the company on what the options are for bidding vacation if one is retiring this year. I haven't seen anything...but it's possible I missed it. Anybody in this situation with further insight?

Course it also says the weeks available will be out on the 1st and they just posted that today....so it could be the "Delta standard" regarding IT issues
I got an email last year from company asking if I wanted to bid any of my vacation or not and get paid a lump sum for it when I retire. If you have not received that then Iíd call the vacation people and talk to them about it. I opted to not take any of it and get paid the lump sum.

Denny
Denny Crane is offline  
Old 01-05-2021, 08:07 AM   #3  
Line Holder
 
konabear's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2020
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Rogers View Post
ALPA sent out a blurb last week saying that an email or comms would be forthcoming from the company on what the options are for bidding vacation if one is retiring this year. I haven't seen anything...but it's possible I missed it. Anybody in this situation with further insight?

Course it also says the weeks available will be out on the 1st and they just posted that today....so it could be the "Delta standard" regarding IT issues
I emailed my ALPA rep and the ALPA contract rep asking about the weeks available not being posted by Jan 1. I received a response from the contract guy saying the available weeks were posted on Deltanet. He wasn’t sure why they were not in iCrew, but said he would check. Within an hour the available weeks finally showed up in iCrew (yesterday). Frustrating. So I have to login to DN to see vacation weeks that I have to bid for in iCrew. To steal from someone else, “Delta IT. Providing yesterday’s technology tomorrow.”
konabear is offline  
Old 01-05-2021, 08:43 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Buck Rogers's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
I got an email last year from company asking if I wanted to bid any of my vacation or not and get paid a lump sum for it when I retire. If you have not received that then Iíd call the vacation people and talk to them about it. I opted to not take any of it and get paid the lump sum.

Denny
Thanks, Denny. I like you are part of the VEOP....maybe I was given the same option and would have also liquidated. Can't remember. But under my weeks available to bid it still shows 5 weeks. That is the disconcerting part.

Guess I'll have to email/talk to someone in vacations.

Kona...yea same/same on weeks in icrew...I didn't think to look on Delta net till yesterday when I saw them both places...finally

Thanks for the inputs....I'll update here with forthcoming info if I get it.
Buck Rogers is offline  
Old 01-05-2021, 10:59 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Denny Crane's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: A330A for the time being...
Posts: 6,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Rogers View Post
Thanks, Denny. I like you are part of the VEOP....maybe I was given the same option and would have also liquidated. Can't remember. But under my weeks available to bid it still shows 5 weeks. That is the disconcerting part.

Guess I'll have to email/talk to someone in vacations.

Kona...yea same/same on weeks in icrew...I didn't think to look on Delta net till yesterday when I saw them both places...finally

Thanks for the inputs....I'll update here with forthcoming info if I get it.
Ok call me stupid but where are are you seeing how many weeks you have available to bid? I must be missing something pretty simple......wouldnít be the first time!

My impression from the email I received was this email was meant for anyone retiring in 2021, not just delayed VEOPers.

Denny
Denny Crane is offline  
Old 01-05-2021, 01:29 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Buck Rogers's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,543
Default

Try. I crew>Bids>vacation>Individual vacation days to bid.....mine shows 35 earned...35 to bid....Thus my consternation

Waiting for a reply fro vacay folks at Delta
Buck Rogers is offline  
Old 01-05-2021, 01:41 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Buck Rogers's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,543
Default

Ok...got a response. They donít show that I completed the form requesting for my vacation to be paid out,which is why I still see 5 weeks. They provided a link to submit my preferences.

Iíll provide if anyone needs it. If anyone else is curious, I suggest checking your days as provided above

Will try to get link up when I can
Buck Rogers is offline  
Old 01-05-2021, 01:45 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Buck Rogers's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,543
Default

"I don't show that you completed the form requesting your vacation to be paid out, which is why you still see 5 weeks. No worries, you can fill out the form and submit your preference for payout here: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/35...973c544e1adcf8

Thanks,"

Cheers
Buck Rogers is offline  
Old 01-05-2021, 09:28 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Denny Crane's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: A330A for the time being...
Posts: 6,799
Default

Thanks! Looks like mine is correct. That is the email I got last year.

Denny
Denny Crane is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Variable Benefit Plan Modeler mempurpleflyer FedEx 225 06-08-2018 09:29 PM
Bidding 2017/2018 Vacation Strategy krudawg United 4 11-08-2016 10:45 PM
PBS or line bidding? PolishFlyerDude Delta 18 10-10-2016 03:19 PM
ICED Clearedtopush Delta 241 07-27-2016 07:10 PM
UPS, IPA Memorandum of Understanding Q&A fr8rcaptain Cargo 0 05-12-2009 04:20 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:45 AM.