Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2021, 03:26 PM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
cpberry1's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Douglas whipping boy
Posts: 44
Default 23K/schedule changes question...

Notified last night my trip was cnx'd and I am on 23K on the 13th.
With all the recent changes I need some help with a couple of things.
First, do I need to report and be at the airport (commuter) for 6 hours? I think this answer is no, not unless notified by scheduling.
Second question - the trip was dropped because the layover is now 24 hours longer than originally scheduled. It is now out in open time with the longer layover. If the new footprint conflicts with another trip I have on my line and I do a "pickup with conflict" and get it, will I get paid for the 2nd/conflicted trip?
I sifted through several pages of the 23K sticky but I know several things have changed since last March with letters and such and want to know that I'm working off the latest and greatest.
Thanks.
cpberry1 is offline  
Old 01-10-2021, 04:54 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DWC CAP10 USAF's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: UNAcorn
Posts: 1,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpberry1 View Post
Notified last night my trip was cnx'd and I am on 23K on the 13th.
With all the recent changes I need some help with a couple of things.
First, do I need to report and be at the airport (commuter) for 6 hours? I think this answer is no, not unless notified by scheduling.
Second question - the trip was dropped because the layover is now 24 hours longer than originally scheduled. It is now out in open time with the longer layover. If the new footprint conflicts with another trip I have on my line and I do a "pickup with conflict" and get it, will I get paid for the 2nd/conflicted trip?
I sifted through several pages of the 23K sticky but I know several things have changed since last March with letters and such and want to know that I'm working off the latest and greatest.
Thanks.
Back to normal PWA 23.K rules.
DWC CAP10 USAF is offline  
Old 01-10-2021, 05:22 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
NoDeskJob's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2011
Posts: 816
Default

[QUOTE=cpberry1;3179840]Notified last night my trip was cnx'd and I am on 23K on the 13th.
With all the recent changes I need some help with a couple of things.
First, do I need to report and be at the airport (commuter) for 6 hours? I think this answer is no, not unless notified by scheduling.
Second question - the trip was dropped because the layover is now 24 hours longer than originally scheduled. It is now out in open time with the longer layover. If the new footprint conflicts with another trip I have on my line and I do a "pickup with conflict" and get it, will I get paid for the 2nd/conflicted trip?
I sifted through several pages of the 23K sticky but I know several things have changed since last March with letters and such and want to know that I'm working off the latest and greatest.
Thanks.[/

youíve got to go to the airport.

you can put in a recovery slip though. If you had a 21 hour 4 day trip. Put in for a 2 day trip. You will be paid for your 4 day trip
NoDeskJob is offline  
Old 01-10-2021, 05:26 PM   #4  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
cpberry1's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Douglas whipping boy
Posts: 44
Default thanks

Guess I'll be close to ATL then. Followup question would be if they use me for a trip that conflicts with my next trip I would be paid in full for that follow-on trip, correct? I happen to be on a fleet that's not doing much flying at this time...
cpberry1 is offline  
Old 01-10-2021, 05:28 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
NoDeskJob's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2011
Posts: 816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpberry1 View Post
Guess I'll be close to ATL then. Followup question would be if they use me for a trip that conflicts with my next trip I would be paid in full for that follow-on trip, correct? I happen to be on a fleet that's not doing much flying at this time...
that, I have not dealt with before. So I canít say.

also, if you donít put in a recovery slip. And they donít assign anything.....you show at original show time. If no call in first 6 hours, turn off phone and go home. Get paid for trip. 😁
NoDeskJob is offline  
Old 01-10-2021, 05:42 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Ar Pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2010
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpberry1 View Post
Guess I'll be close to ATL then. Followup question would be if they use me for a trip that conflicts with my next trip I would be paid in full for that follow-on trip, correct? I happen to be on a fleet that's not doing much flying at this time...

It's highly unlikely your recovery trip would conflict with your next rotation, unless you have an insanely short break in duty between them already. If they did conflict, then yes they'd have to drop your future rotation.
Ar Pilot is offline  
Old 01-10-2021, 05:44 PM   #7  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
cpberry1's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Douglas whipping boy
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDeskJob View Post
that, I have not dealt with before. So I canít say.

also, if you donít put in a recovery slip. And they donít assign anything.....you show at original show time. If no call in first 6 hours, turn off phone and go home. Get paid for trip. 😁
That's the plan...
cpberry1 is offline  
Old 01-10-2021, 05:49 PM   #8  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
cpberry1's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Douglas whipping boy
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar Pilot View Post
It's highly unlikely your recovery trip would conflict with your next rotation, unless you have an insanely short break in duty between them already. If they did conflict, then yes they'd have to drop your future rotation.
Perhaps, but there's not much international open time and my original trip (now back as the extended trip) would take out my next trip with an illegal break before report, but only by a few hours. As you say, unlikely. Thanks for the info. I'd rather have the days off anyway and, fortunately, my wife still pretends to like having me around.
cpberry1 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jump seat Question (from a non-pilot)? Horizon513 Hangar Talk 5 08-08-2010 11:27 AM
Fundamental Aircraft Handling Question RVSM Certified Flight Schools and Training 22 02-27-2009 01:04 PM
Question about ALTRAVs USMCFLYR Hangar Talk 3 08-23-2008 09:37 PM
new guy question cargo hopeful Cargo 21 03-05-2006 07:12 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:40 AM.