Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2021, 11:59 AM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: 787
Posts: 2,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Rogers View Post
If you are just here to troll, might I suggest your own forum?
hmmm.....thought that was a fairly sophisticated joke......the problem with our country is no one laughs anymore. It doesn’t matter what side of the fence you’re on for that joke.

Happy Easter!
MasterOfPuppets is offline  
Old 04-04-2021, 12:10 PM   #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Speed Select's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Position: NBC
Posts: 556
Default

Any idea if this continues? How does the airline go back to, “For your safety...”?

With the purported number of greenies going out, would it be more advantageous to rip off the bandaid three weeks early (5/1, no middle seat blocks) and start filling seats/jets? CDC did give a nod to “safe” travel, not just travel on Delta.
Speed Select is offline  
Old 04-04-2021, 12:14 PM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Hedley's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2020
Posts: 738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
hmmm.....thought that was a fairly sophisticated joke......the problem with our country is no one laughs anymore. It doesn’t matter what side of the fence you’re on for that joke.

Happy Easter!
It wasn’t all that sophisticated. I got it. Thought it was funny too.
Hedley is offline  
Old 04-04-2021, 12:21 PM   #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Hawaii50's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 757 Left
Posts: 1,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
hmmm.....thought that was a fairly sophisticated joke......the problem with our country is no one laughs anymore. It doesn’t matter what side of the fence you’re on for that joke.

Happy Easter!
I laughed. Seems like in the end we should all be on the same side. You’re welcome here anytime, especially with that screen name.
Hawaii50 is offline  
Old 04-04-2021, 12:27 PM   #15  
Rerouted
 
Drum's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: Perpetual 4F1R
Posts: 1,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaboundRedux View Post
On this Easter, I believe the high priests have made a sacrifice to the gods of Covid with the holy blood of the foggable antiseptic spray. They were pleased with the offering and have made the middle seat available to two days.

Any longer than two days will invoke their terrible wrath with a most awful new variant of the ‘rona. Do not test their patience.


It’s science, people. You wouldn’t argue with science, would you?
Thou shall make it 2. Not 3. Most surely not 1. 5 is out of the question

Thouest make it be 2 so that the people rejoice and feast on pheasants, and geese, and fruit bats and orangutans.

Thouest shall surely not exceed 2 as thest making 3 would meet with most certain scorn and ridicule.

No, verily, thy days shall be....2
Drum is offline  
Old 04-04-2021, 01:00 PM   #16  
Gets Weekends Off
 
notEnuf's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com
Posts: 6,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Select View Post
Any idea if this continues? How does the airline go back to, “For your safety...”?

With the purported number of greenies going out, would it be more advantageous to rip off the bandaid three weeks early (5/1, no middle seat blocks) and start filling seats/jets? CDC did give a nod to “safe” travel, not just travel on Delta.
This is what they will have to do.
notEnuf is offline  
Old 04-04-2021, 01:03 PM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
notEnuf's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com
Posts: 6,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Thou shall make it 2. Not 3. Most surely not 1. 5 is out of the question

Thouest make it be 2 so that the people rejoice and feast on pheasants, and geese, and fruit bats and orangutans.

Thouest shall surely not exceed 2 as thest making 3 would meet with most certain scorn and ridicule.

No, verily, thy days shall be....2
What, no most splendid and delicious pangolin? I gave it up for lent and now I'm absolved, and hankerin' for some tail.
notEnuf is offline  
Old 04-04-2021, 01:07 PM   #18  
Rerouted
 
Drum's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: Perpetual 4F1R
Posts: 1,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notEnuf View Post
What, no most splendid and delicious pangolin? I gave it up for lent and now I'm absolved, and hankerin' for some tail.
I guess you don't know much Monty Python?

Yeah Pangolins.wr have a used in here with that handle. Didn't want to disturb him
Drum is offline  
Old 04-04-2021, 01:14 PM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DeltaboundRedux's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2020
Position: 81+ Million Votes!
Posts: 299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
I guess you don't know much Monty Python?

Yeah Pangolins.wr have a used in here with that handle. Didn't want to disturb him
Well I got it immediately.

Youngsters have no respect for the classics.
DeltaboundRedux is offline  
Old 04-04-2021, 01:17 PM   #20  
Gets Weekends Off
 
notEnuf's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com
Posts: 6,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
I guess you don't know much Monty Python?

Yeah Pangolins.wr have a used in here with that handle. Didn't want to disturb him
I get it. I was trying to make a double entendre Easter joke. I'll stop now.

Last edited by notEnuf; 04-04-2021 at 01:54 PM.
notEnuf is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flying to NRT? Read this first. tausap Major 12 04-09-2011 12:40 PM
AirTran Pilots: Outsourcing Bad for Business all4114all Major 60 01-01-2010 06:55 AM
Annoying Airport Personalites vagabond Hangar Talk 68 04-23-2008 12:16 PM
Hey, where's my airline seat? vagabond Hangar Talk 1 02-01-2008 07:56 PM
A man got into his seat on the plane........ Delta102 Hangar Talk 1 11-18-2005 08:30 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:43 PM.