Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2021, 01:45 PM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PilotJ3's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,591
Default

I commute to Ny320B. Trips sucks, but I donít have kids and donít mind commuting a day early, work during the weekends or spending an extra night there.

I donít mind rsv neither, thatís why Iím bidding A positions in Ny primarily. Iíll do it for the pay raise (even though I can GS a lot, I donít like playing games to make extra money), but with only 20 open spots, I donít know if Iíll come down to me. Iím positive that I might get the 737 or the 220. Iím a low 101xx Seniority #.
PilotJ3 is offline  
Old 04-13-2021, 01:54 PM   #12  
New Hire
 
Scooter432's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: Concourse A
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip7 View Post
Just do it. Generational movement coming to Delta. Plus 321NEOs on the way. Grab you a Captains spot and get comfortable. Plus you'll look good and get paid good commanding a 321 which is nearly the same size as a 757. Then when you have the seniority to go 330 it's a quick 13 day course.

Don't worry about little things like uBers and hotels. Just 3-4 days of GS(PLENTY of opportunity over the next few years in NYC) pays those tiny costs for a year+. With all the movement happening you'll be able to bounce out of NYC rather quickly unless you mess up and end up liking the base

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

this (filler)
Scooter432 is offline  
Old 04-13-2021, 01:59 PM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Eldee5's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ86 View Post
NYC commuter for 7 years serving one base only not 3 sh!tholes.super expensive one, crummy ghetto crashpads, expensive to eat and to get to another airport. Commute sucks unless coming out of dtw region. Non commutative trips no long call from home, roaches in late, idiotic trendy food that is twice what it is in the rest of the free world and liberal tax increases on everything as often as you tie your shoes.

No A position is worth that sh!thole
Some of us are from that sh!hole, and still live there, because that what suits us. ďItís expensive and overtaxedĒ would have also worked.
Eldee5 is offline  
Old 04-13-2021, 03:47 PM   #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
XJ86's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
Some of us are from that sh!hole, and still live there, because that what suits us. ďItís expensive and overtaxedĒ would have also worked.
Does that change the filth, stench, trash bags on the street, urine on the walls, disgusting and unsafe both health and security wise public transportation? Nope it's still a horrid place

Let's not forget the bed bugs at every hotel
XJ86 is offline  
Old 04-13-2021, 04:08 PM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ShyGuy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip7 View Post
Just do it. Generational movement coming to Delta. Plus 321NEOs on the way. Grab you a Captains spot and get comfortable. Plus you'll look good and get paid good commanding a 321 which is nearly the same size as a 757. Then when you have the seniority to go 330 it's a quick 13 day course.

Don't worry about little things like uBers and hotels. Just 3-4 days of GS(PLENTY of opportunity over the next few years in NYC) pays those tiny costs for a year+. With all the movement happening you'll be able to bounce out of NYC rather quickly unless you mess up and end up liking the base

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
You either get first place for the sarcasm award or you need serious help. I can't decide which
ShyGuy is offline  
Old 04-13-2021, 04:13 PM   #16  
Gets Weekends Off
 
tunes's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
You either get first place for the sarcasm award or you need serious help. I can't decide which

Well heís serious.....so......


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tunes is offline  
Old 04-13-2021, 04:22 PM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
NoDeskJob's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2011
Posts: 845
Default

Stay on topic fellas.
hold.
hold
NoDeskJob is offline  
Old 04-13-2021, 04:38 PM   #18  
Gets Weekends Off
 
cornbeef007's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: Representing the REAL Delta
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
Some of us are from that sh!hole, and still live there, because that what suits us. ďItís expensive and overtaxedĒ would have also worked.
Iím sure his narrative is to sway peopleís opinion.

NY is still the most junior base period....if you want left seat, that where you go. Itís all what you make it.
cornbeef007 is offline  
Old 04-13-2021, 04:48 PM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
marcal's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2005
Posts: 747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
Some of us are from that sh!hole, and still live there, because that what suits us. ďItís expensive and overtaxedĒ would have also worked.
Those mindsets are the reason those of us that live here(that know better) work for essentially a different airline. That mindset allows me to be a 320 CA in my bed at home almost every night after seven years on property b/c people are scared off by NYC. People literally think all of NY and LI looks like a run down block in Queens or Brooklyn. If you are willing to live here or are from here, the opportunities are astounding compared to our other domiciles, but I'm happy to let everyone know what a sewer this place is.
marcal is offline  
Old 04-13-2021, 04:52 PM   #20  
Gets Weekends Off
 
fishforfun's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Hoping for any position
Posts: 1,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcal View Post
Those mindsets are the reason those of us that live here(that know better) work for essentially a different airline. That mindset allows me to be a 320 CA in my bed at home almost every night after seven years on property b/c people are scared off by NYC. People literally think all of NY and LI looks like a run down block in Queens or Brooklyn. If you are willing to live here or are from here, the opportunities are astounding compared to our other domiciles, but I'm happy to let everyone know what a sewer this place is.
Cant both be true? Itís a sewer and you have great job opportunity? A sewer run by a rat.
fishforfun is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta? Guard Dude Delta 200507 05-12-2021 02:58 PM
DAL Class drops toobdrvr1 Delta 3888 03-24-2020 05:38 AM
CMH to NYC or DTW? ILS22L Regional 4 01-03-2018 08:31 PM
NYC 717 Flying and Crashpads 2StgTurbine Delta 14 12-15-2016 09:16 AM
NYC smells! Puppyz Hangar Talk 8 01-09-2007 05:15 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:50 PM.