Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > Delta
DL Hiring: New Process >

DL Hiring: New Process

Notices

DL Hiring: New Process

Old 12-16-2021, 04:18 PM
  #1241  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jul 2021
Posts: 6
Default Ride Report

Hey guys!

Did my assessment on the weekend, 4 days later got the invite.. sudoku drove me crazy, had a bunch of red choices on that one, on multitasking and monitoring as well but sudoku the mostÖ. If you feel you failed and don't hear anything for couple days, don't panic! Email them back if no email is received by 7 days. Strongly suggest RST for the app, prepared me so well and the actual test was easier in the most part. As soon as you received the invite, I just called 2 times and got a quick response. For me worked calling after 4pm before 5pm eastern time. Good luck!
Pepelope757 is offline  
Old 12-16-2021, 04:24 PM
  #1242  
Gets Weekends Off
 
NuGuy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,246
Default

Originally Posted by tennisguru View Post
HSA: best options is the silver plan. $186/mo. $2200 company contribution if you jump through 3 easy hoops (but you don't get paid until the beginning of the next year). Gold has lower deductibles but is really only cheaper if you have multiple people hit the individual out of pocket max in a year. That is $319/mo

Copay plan: Not really familiar with this. No HSA available. $435/mo

Delta Pilots Medical Plan (DPMP): The only plan that is guaranteed in our contract. No HSA, lower deductibles but much higher premiums ($668/mo). I know a few people who are heavy users of our medical plans and every year they come out cheaper by going with the HSA over the DPMP. I think the DPMP is a winner if you have a family member on lots of expensive prescription drugs as all you pay for RX are copays.

All rates quoted are for family. Coverage begins day 1 of indoc.
The other benefit of the DPMA is that in-network and out-of-network out of pocket limits both come out of the same bucket.

The DPMA, being a contract plan, has a robust appeals process.

Iíve been in the DPMA forever. If youíre single, the premiums are quite low, and Iíve never had a single hassle with it, even with some fairly expensive items.
NuGuy is offline  
Old 12-16-2021, 04:57 PM
  #1243  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jul 2021
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by Pepelope757 View Post
Hey guys!

Did my assessment on the weekend, 4 days later got the invite.. sudoku drove me crazy, had a bunch of red choices on that one, on multitasking and monitoring as well but sudoku the mostÖ. If you feel you failed and don't hear anything for couple days, don't panic! Email them back if no email is received by 7 days. Strongly suggest RST for the app, prepared me so well and the actual test was easier in the most part. As soon as you received the invite, I just called 2 times and got a quick response. For me worked calling after 4pm before 5pm eastern time. Good luck!
RST for the assessment**
Donít Panic, itís a normal feeling**
Pepelope757 is offline  
Old 12-17-2021, 11:01 AM
  #1244  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2021
Posts: 141
Default

Originally Posted by tennisguru View Post
HSA: best options is the silver plan. $186/mo. $2200 company contribution if you jump through 3 easy hoops (but you don't get paid until the beginning of the next year). Gold has lower deductibles but is really only cheaper if you have multiple people hit the individual out of pocket max in a year. That is $319/mo

Copay plan: Not really familiar with this. No HSA available. $435/mo

Delta Pilots Medical Plan (DPMP): The only plan that is guaranteed in our contract. No HSA, lower deductibles but much higher premiums ($668/mo). I know a few people who are heavy users of our medical plans and every year they come out cheaper by going with the HSA over the DPMP. I think the DPMP is a winner if you have a family member on lots of expensive prescription drugs as all you pay for RX are copays.

All rates quoted are for family. Coverage begins day 1 of indoc.

Whatís the name of the insurance company providing these plans?
S4User is offline  
Old 12-17-2021, 11:21 AM
  #1245  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat
Posts: 12,076
Default

Originally Posted by AdAstra View Post
Iíll be starting class soon. I got awarded the 737. Iím completely spoiled coming from Republic I only flew the 175. How difficult will the transition to the 737 be for me? Iím a little nervous going to very little system automation and such. Curious what everyone thinks! Thank you
What does "very little systems automation" mean?

Crew van legend and lore is that the 73 has some mind blowing overhead panel but that's simply false. The bleed panel takes a little thought til you get used to it. Other than that it's garden variety. It doesn't draw little systems lines on the screen showing what's powered etc, but you easily see what checklist you need to look up. Its an absolute non event. Its highly capable and has features that few other planes have for SA. Its a bit pitchy on final but not too bad. The only legitimate complaint is its a bit cramped and the seat track usually only allows a slight recline or a slight move back. Its also on the noisy side, but it seems like we've finally, FINALLY, killed the masochist culture of one ear on one ear off yelling at eachother.
gloopy is offline  
Old 12-17-2021, 11:34 AM
  #1246  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,982
Default

Originally Posted by S4User View Post
Whatís the name of the insurance company providing these plans?
Delta is self-insured, but the networks and administration for all plans is UnitedHealth.
TED74 is offline  
Old 12-17-2021, 01:28 PM
  #1247  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,724
Default

Originally Posted by AdAstra View Post
Iíll be starting class soon. I got awarded the 737. Iím completely spoiled coming from Republic I only flew the 175. How difficult will the transition to the 737 be for me? Iím a little nervous going to very little system automation and such. Curious what everyone thinks! Thank you
I went from 175 to 737. I had flown a couple other jets before, but the 737 should be fairly easy for you. The automation is simple and easy to understand and the FMS is pretty similar to the 175. The VNAV is a little different, but it's still fairly intuitive. I actually enjoy the airplane, it's definitely less temperamental than the 175 and rarely breaks. The 737 instructors here are great and you'll feel comfortable in no time. Welcome to Delta!
m3113n1a1 is offline  
Old 12-18-2021, 07:42 AM
  #1248  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2021
Posts: 141
Default

Can you bring your spouse + 3 year old to the ceremony or only your spouse?
S4User is offline  
Old 12-18-2021, 08:42 AM
  #1249  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: Looking left
Posts: 2,278
Default

Originally Posted by S4User View Post
Can you bring your spouse + 3 year old to the ceremony or only your spouse?
One guest.
DWC CAP10 USAF is offline  
Old 12-18-2021, 09:56 AM
  #1250  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Posts: 50
Default

Are they doing indoc classes every week?
Prim40 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
GeeWizDriver
NetJets
1117
06-30-2022 07:46 AM
EUhoppa
Career Questions
10
07-22-2013 11:13 AM
sl0wr0ll3r
United
114
11-22-2010 03:40 PM
PistolP
Regional
12
11-22-2006 08:20 PM
Pylot
Hangar Talk
8
09-04-2006 05:13 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread