Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > Delta
DL Hiring: New Process >

DL Hiring: New Process

Notices

DL Hiring: New Process

Old 01-24-2022, 12:39 PM
  #1461  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,521
Default

Originally Posted by coolbreeze72 View Post
Only fighter guys... Or Mil in general? He flies C-12s
My experience is too long ago but.... I was fighter guy with only ATP written,as did numerous friends of mine.

My kid had some active duty C-12 stink on him. When he went thru Flight Safety, seems like he paid an extra 300 $$ or so and got the multi ATP with only a few more maneuvers. So he had the type. Prolly too late for your friend but something for C-12 guys to think about (my kid was prolly 8 years ago, might not be valid now)

As always, put the app in, being military trumps a lot of stuff if the career path (fighters) doesn't lend itself to getting an ATP

JMHO
Buck Rogers is offline  
Old 01-24-2022, 12:53 PM
  #1462  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2021
Posts: 26
Default

Originally Posted by coolbreeze72 View Post
Only fighter guys... Or Mil in general? He flies C-12s
Unknown. USAF fighter dude is my example.
justshootme is offline  
Old 01-24-2022, 01:52 PM
  #1463  
seeing the large hubs...
 
iaflyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 73N A
Posts: 3,472
Default

Originally Posted by apex7 View Post
Got an invite to interview and just looking for information.

How long will it take to get MSP as a base for a new hire? What type of trips / lines are common for new hires, I’m assuming mostly 4 days?

Reserves in base get used frequently? How easy to drop trips/reserve days.

Thank you!
Some new hires got A320 in MSP as their initial equipment in the last two classes. See this thread for more info: New Hire Class Drops

Reserves get used a lot on narrowbodies, you'll get anything from 1-5 day trips, just depends on how many days you have left and what's in open time. Scheduling can and does cut up trips to fit people's schedule. On narrowbodies, because we're short, it is usually very hard to drop trips or reserve days.
iaflyer is offline  
Old 01-24-2022, 03:23 PM
  #1464  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2022
Posts: 37
Default Call

There was some confusion in my interview group in reference to short/long call. Being on reserve short call, is recall 2 hours or 6? Or some other time?
WhoWhatWhy is offline  
Old 01-24-2022, 03:28 PM
  #1465  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat
Posts: 12,197
Default

Originally Posted by WhoWhatWhy View Post
There was some confusion in my interview group in reference to short/long call. Being on reserve short call, is recall 2 hours or 6? Or some other time?
Incoming!


Short answer: "reasonable report" which is normally around 2 hours. There are many, many more "long answers".
gloopy is offline  
Old 01-24-2022, 03:31 PM
  #1466  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2013
Posts: 7,943
Default

Originally Posted by WhoWhatWhy View Post
There was some confusion in my interview group in reference to short/long call. Being on reserve short call, is recall 2 hours or 6? Or some other time?
You default to 12 hours. You can be converted to SC, no time limit but generally accepted to be about 2 hours-ish a total of 6 times a month. There is a fairly weak balancing mechanism for those as well.
CBreezy is online now  
Old 01-25-2022, 09:06 AM
  #1467  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jan 2022
Posts: 9
Default

Got the TBNT this morning after completing the assessment over the weekend. Super depressing blow as I, like many others on here, felt things went well on it. Practiced the cog games using RST and CUT-E, and tried to stay fairly neutral and consistent on the personality test. Maybe in 6 months things will go better if I get the invite again, but it’s still a gut punch after 3 years of updating the app monthly. This thread has been super helpful though to read others experiences. Best of luck to all.
Fargo89 is offline  
Old 01-25-2022, 09:18 AM
  #1468  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jan 2022
Posts: 3
Default

It's amazing once you get invited to interview you look through your application with a microscope. I had to make some date changes to non-aviation jobs (about 4 of them) because I was able to call the respective HR departments and get exact dates. I was mostly close, but I wanted to make sure everything was 100% as accurate as could be walking into the interview. I did have to add some junior college courses I took over the summer as well. All said and done, there's about 7 changes that are again mostly related to dates being precise (within a few days on most). I'm hoping these aren't considered "significant" changes and it doesn't derail the interview. Truthfully, I should've been more thorough when I first submitted the application as far as ensuring my dates were as accurate as possible. Has anyone run into this before and still received a CJO? Definitely don't want my focus getting off track because of this. I've heard when you walk into the interview the first thing they do is ask if the application is up to date and all changes have been made. Thanks for any advice on this!
MacMetal86 is offline  
Old 01-25-2022, 09:19 AM
  #1469  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2021
Posts: 29
Default

Does health insurance begin the first day?
Tropical is offline  
Old 01-25-2022, 09:22 AM
  #1470  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2021
Posts: 29
Default

Originally Posted by MacMetal86 View Post
It's amazing once you get invited to interview you look through your application with a microscope. I had to make some date changes to non-aviation jobs (about 4 of them) because I was able to call the respective HR departments and get exact dates. I was mostly close, but I wanted to make sure everything was 100% as accurate as could be walking into the interview. I did have to add some junior college courses I took over the summer as well. All said and done, there's about 7 changes that are again mostly related to dates being precise (within a few days on most). I'm hoping these aren't considered "significant" changes and it doesn't derail the interview. Truthfully, I should've been more thorough when I first submitted the application as far as ensuring my dates were as accurate as possible. Has anyone run into this before and still received a CJO? Definitely don't want my focus getting off track because of these changes. I've heard when you walk into the interview the first thing they do is ask if the application is up to date and all changes have been made. Thanks for any advice on this!
The first half of the panel interview will be going over your application. They will pick out a couple of things and challenges you on them. The key is to not get defensive, but rather answer honestly and matter of factly. No matter how thorough you were, they'll find something. Maybe it's better to give them some low hanging fruit. I know quite a few pilots who got turned down, and the first question I ask them is how they handled the application confrontations. Most of them say they got irritated and defensive, but didn't even realize it until later because of the stress of the situation. Watch for that.
Tropical is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
GeeWizDriver
NetJets
1282
Today 07:39 AM
EUhoppa
Career Questions
10
07-22-2013 12:13 PM
sl0wr0ll3r
United
114
11-22-2010 04:40 PM
PistolP
Regional
12
11-22-2006 09:20 PM
Pylot
Hangar Talk
8
09-04-2006 06:13 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread