Notices

DAL Class drops

Old 12-24-2018, 08:00 AM
  #2491  
Gets Everyday Off
 
TransWorld's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Relaxed
Posts: 4,765
Default

...Donít forget to factor in the probability the earth is really flat, chem trails really exist, and the moon landings were all fakes.

Smile, enjoy your families, and have a Merry Christmas!
TransWorld is online now  
Old 12-25-2018, 04:02 PM
  #2492  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2017
Posts: 137
Default App question

Would a ďFather in-lawĒ be considered an immediate family member?
Auburngrad2007 is offline  
Old 12-25-2018, 04:09 PM
  #2493  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2018
Posts: 424
Default

Originally Posted by Auburngrad2007 View Post
Would a ďFather in-lawĒ be considered an immediate family member?
Dictionary

Someone's spouse, parents and grandparents, children and grand children, brothers and sisters, mother in law and father in law, brothers in law and sisters in law, daughters in law and sons in law. Adopted, half, and step members are also included in immediate family.
ERAUAV8TR is offline  
Old 12-26-2018, 05:32 AM
  #2494  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Posts: 366
Default

Originally Posted by Lifeisgood View Post
I wish there could be a definite answer.. Scoring of the application is just that - scoring.
Once the application is scored it might not be competitive and the "backlog" or "crickets" or "not a peep" will continue until all or some sections of the application become more attractive and the app is scored again or competitive level drops.

Maybe everyone already knows this .. It would be a mistake to think that internal recommendations make an application more attractive. No, they are merely a tool to get the reviewers to look at the app.
You still need to compete, even if you have hundreds of IRs.

If the score is competitive - welcome to another pool By definition the swimming time depends on the rate of the industry hiring at the moment.
What about the 24 year olds that donít even have turbine PIC time?
300SMK is offline  
Old 12-26-2018, 05:38 AM
  #2495  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,132
Default

Originally Posted by 300SMK View Post
What about the 24 year olds that donít even have turbine PIC time?
What about them?
Flight time and age do not change how the IR's are handled.
Lifeisgood is offline  
Old 12-26-2018, 05:41 AM
  #2496  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Posts: 366
Default

Originally Posted by Lifeisgood View Post
What about them?

Flight time and age do not change how the IR's are handled.


There is obviously a point where an IR from a particular person will get someone hired. I seriously doubt they would be competitive or score high enough on their own at 24, zero Captain time and a year and a half out of college.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
300SMK is offline  
Old 12-26-2018, 05:49 AM
  #2497  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,132
Default

Originally Posted by 300SMK View Post
There is obviously a point where an IR from a particular person will get someone hired. I seriously doubt they would be competitive or score high enough on their own at 24, zero Captain time and a year and a half out of college.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, but it will score the person they are recommending.
There have been several IR's from company top management only to be told the score is too low.
It's a mistake to think that a heavy IR will bump your score and chances to get hired.
Lifeisgood is offline  
Old 12-26-2018, 06:16 AM
  #2498  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,132
Default

Originally Posted by TED74 View Post
430, 530 and 730 mandatory retirements in those respective years. Wild guess, that means 600, 700, 900 might actually retire. Add or subtract numbers based on your own guess concerning likely expansion or contraction.
We will still hire and flying jets is the greatest job in the world..

It's just me, which means nothing, but with the natural downturn coming and the next president most likely a Democrat I seriously doubt we will be replacing retirees one for one.
I don't see US economy still hovering around 20T mark in 2021. Baby boomers are retiring and millennial kids are traveling on credit cards - can't go on forever.
Lifeisgood is offline  
Old 12-26-2018, 06:55 AM
  #2499  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Posts: 366
Default

Age 67 + downturn. All of that is going to happen. It stinks but itís the reality of the industry we work in. That being said I have analyzed NTSB travel statistics during the 2000 crash and the 2008 recession. While block hours didnít grow it doesnít appear they declined either. That being said the airlines lost money defending their gate positions and routes. The next five years will be hard to predict.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
300SMK is offline  
Old 12-26-2018, 07:02 AM
  #2500  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,896
Default

Originally Posted by 300SMK View Post
Age 67 + downturn. All of that is going to happen. It stinks but itís the reality of the industry we work in. That being said I have analyzed NTSB travel statistics during the 2000 crash and the 2008 recession. While block hours didnít grow it doesnít appear they declined either. That being said the airlines lost money defending their gate positions and routes. The next five years will be hard to predict.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The big loss of jobs at Delta during that time period were workrule changes and replacing all the 3 man cockpits.
sailingfun is online now  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Aussiedoodle
United
9
09-10-2021 12:54 PM
MCFlyer
American
6024
02-11-2020 08:21 AM
Pilotfo64
Delta
21
07-08-2015 02:46 PM
Bobofighter
Major
42
11-10-2007 08:46 PM
WaterSkr
Cargo
7
09-24-2007 04:27 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread