Notices

DAL Class drops

Old 06-08-2019, 05:09 PM
  #3071  
Da Hudge
 
80ktsClamp's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer
Posts: 17,473
Default

Originally Posted by OOfff
You’re using all sorts of name calling BS, and failing to recognize the nuance that makes your strategy sub-optimal for other people. Nobody asked for your advice on what to do, nor did they ask to be called names for not doing what you want them to.
All sorts of name calling BS? I said "dumb" once. If that is all sorts of name calling BS in your world...
80ktsClamp is offline  
Old 06-08-2019, 05:10 PM
  #3072  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 6,716
Default

Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp
All sorts of name calling BS? I said "dumb" once. If that is all sorts of name calling BS in your world...
And telling people their decisions are “teens mad at their parents.”

Nobody asked you for strategy tips. Everyone lives differently. You don’t know why anyone does what they do, nor should you care.
OOfff is offline  
Old 06-08-2019, 05:13 PM
  #3073  
Da Hudge
 
80ktsClamp's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer
Posts: 17,473
Default

Originally Posted by OOfff
And telling people their decisions are “teens mad at their parents.”

Nobody asked you for strategy tips. Everyone lives differently. You don’t know why anyone does what they do, nor should you care.
So make that two. Is that what it takes to get into the category of all sorts of?

It's a forum. We give opinions all the time, just like you are right here. I care because having better strategies and paying attention both gets us more money and in the long run would end up with better staffing. (re: hiring, which is what this thread is supposed to be about)
80ktsClamp is offline  
Old 06-08-2019, 05:14 PM
  #3074  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2013
Position: 320A
Posts: 625
Default

wow this thread went totally off the rails. how about you guys start another bag on you thread so you can name call, measure johnsons, or whatever but every thread seems to get caught up in this b.s and rapidly goes off topic. I mean hey sus maramba!
vyperdriver is offline  
Old 06-08-2019, 05:21 PM
  #3075  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 6,716
Default

Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp
So make that two. Is that what it takes to get into the category of all sorts of?

It's a forum. We give opinions all the time, just like you are right here. I care because having better strategies and paying attention both gets us more money and in the long run would end up with better staffing. (re: hiring, which is what this thread is supposed to be about)
And what if a WS makes a better QOL/pay scenario for that particular person? We all know how GSing works, and if someone wants to WS because they like the trip rather than waiting for two birds in the bush, who are you to call them dumb?
OOfff is offline  
Old 06-08-2019, 05:23 PM
  #3076  
Da Hudge
 
80ktsClamp's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer
Posts: 17,473
Default

Originally Posted by OOfff
And what if a WS makes a better QOL/pay scenario for that particular person? We all know how GSing works, and if someone wants to WS because they like the trip rather than waiting for two birds in the bush, who are you to call them dumb?
Good gosh. First off, I wasn't calling them dumb. I was calling it a dumb move.

Yes it's in the contract and you're free to do what you want, but that's poor long run strategy.
80ktsClamp is offline  
Old 06-08-2019, 05:27 PM
  #3077  
ATL 717B
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: C-130J AC / B717 FO
Posts: 362
Default

Maybe no one should pick up any slips to help the company?
Kjazz130 is offline  
Old 06-08-2019, 05:27 PM
  #3078  
Da Hudge
 
80ktsClamp's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer
Posts: 17,473
Default

Originally Posted by Kjazz130
Maybe no one should pick up any slips to help the company?
IMO that should be contractual if pilots are on furlough.
80ktsClamp is offline  
Old 06-08-2019, 05:32 PM
  #3079  
ATL 717B
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: C-130J AC / B717 FO
Posts: 362
Default

Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp
IMO that should be contractual if pilots are on furlough.
Status quo comes in to play during negotiations.
Kjazz130 is offline  
Old 06-08-2019, 05:37 PM
  #3080  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 6,716
Default

Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp
Good gosh. First off, I wasn't calling them dumb. I was calling it a dumb move.

Yes it's in the contract and you're free to do what you want, but that's poor long run strategy.
It’s a poor strategy for whom?
OOfff is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Aussiedoodle
United
9
09-10-2021 12:54 PM
MCFlyer
American
6024
02-11-2020 08:21 AM
Pilotfo64
Delta
21
07-08-2015 02:46 PM
Bobofighter
Major
42
11-10-2007 08:46 PM
WaterSkr
Cargo
7
09-24-2007 04:27 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices