Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Delta (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/delta/)
-   -   DAL Class drops (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/delta/96901-dal-class-drops.html)

toobdrvr1 08-29-2016 09:54 AM

DAL Class drops
 
In a "someone ought to..." moment, I thought I'd try and start a new thread just for drops. Might make it easier for those interested to get the latest.

8/22/16:
Nyc 73n - 10
nyc 320 - 16
nyc m88 - 16
nyc 717 - 11

300SMK 08-29-2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toobdrvr1 (Post 2190768)
In a "someone ought to..." moment, I thought I'd try and start a new thread just for drops. Might make it easier for those interested to get the latest.

8/22/16:
Nyc 73n - 10
nyc 320 - 16
nyc m88 - 16
nyc 717 - 11

That is how many dropped out for another airline?

gloopy 08-29-2016 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300SMK (Post 2190780)
That is how many dropped out for another airline?

LOL no not yet. Give it a couple years though.

JamesBond 08-29-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloopy (Post 2190790)
LOL no not yet. Give it a couple years though.

Yet something else that we need not worry about.

Winston 08-29-2016 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toobdrvr1 (Post 2190768)
8/22/16:
Nyc 73n - 10
nyc 320 - 16
nyc m88 - 16
nyc 717 - 11

Just an outsider looking in, but any idea why Delta continues to operate so many different types of narrow body? I get the merger as a main influence, but it seems like most other majors examine the combined fleet, then pick one or two and go with them for increased efficiency/flexibly.

Now you're adding the Cseries as well? Seems like that could have been covered by the 737-700 or the miniBus.

frozentundra 08-29-2016 11:19 AM

Here's everything since June, I think:

6/6 drop:
ATL MD88 - 8
ATL 717 - 3
DTW 717 - 4
DTW 320 - 6
NYC MD88 - 4
NYC 73N - 3
NYC 320 - 2

6/13 drop:
ATL 717 - 4
ATL MD88 - 6
DTW 320 - 3
NYC 320 - 3
NYC 73N - 2
NYC 717 - 6
NYC MD88 - 6
6/20/16 drop:
LAX 717 - 1
DTW 320 - 2
NYC 320 - 6
NYC 717 - 11
NYC MD88 - 19

7/11/16 drop:
ATL MD88 - 5
DTW 717 - 8
DTW 320 - 5
NYC 73N - 1
NYC 320 - 2
NYC 717 - 4
NYC MD88 - 10

7/18/16 drop:
ATL MD88 - 7
DTW 320 - 2
NYC 73N - 1
NYC 320 - 6
NYC 717 - 8
NYC MD88 - 10

7/25/16 drop:
ATL MD88 - 10
ATL 717 - 10
DTW 320 - 4
NYC 73N - 4
NYC 320 - 6
NYC MD88 - 10
NYC 717 - 10

8/8/16 drop:
ATL MD88 - 7
NYC 737 - 4
NYC 320 - 7
NYC MD88 - 6
NYC 717 - 7

8/15/16 drop:
NYC 73N - 7
NYC 320 - 4
NYC MD88 - 13
NYC 717 - 9

8/22/16 drop:
NYC 73N - 10
NYC 320 - 16
NYC MD88 - 16
NYC 717 - 11

300SMK 08-29-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winston (Post 2190846)
Just an outsider looking in, but any idea why Delta continues to operate so many different types of narrow body? I get the merger as a main influence, but it seems like most other majors examine the combined fleet, then pick one or two and go with them for increased efficiency/flexibly.

Now you're adding the Cseries as well? Seems like that could have been covered by the 737-700 or the miniBus.

Our team was focused on shareholder returns, not the viability going forward with 800 retirements a year.

vyperdriver 08-29-2016 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winston (Post 2190846)
Just an outsider looking in, but any idea why Delta continues to operate so many different types of narrow body? I get the merger as a main influence, but it seems like most other majors examine the combined fleet, then pick one or two and go with them for increased efficiency/flexibly.

Now you're adding the Cseries as well? Seems like that could have been covered by the 737-700 or the miniBus.

Not if the advertised 20 to 25% fuel savings on the c-series is a reality...but that remains to be seen. It might turn out like the companies expectation though of a 737-900 being a 757 replacement...that didn't quite pan out.

Vincent Chase 08-29-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vyperdriver (Post 2190918)
Not if the advertised 20 to 25% fuel savings on the c-series is a reality...but that remains to be seen. It might turn out like the companies expectation though of a 737-900 being a 757 replacement...that didn't quite pan out.

Not to mention Boeing plays hardball. Always. Bombardier had to beg to get those C-Series off their shelves or go bankrupt. I'm not privy to the final deal, but I'd be willing to bet the C-series were purchased at a level better than anything Boeing was willing to put forward, and before you chime in with the capacities of a 73MAX or any other variant of that frame, I'm talking seat for seat, or more to Richard's (PBUH) values...PRASM. Now throw in the fact that Delta will be the de facto maintenance facility for the next few companies that purchase them and voila...Tech Ops revenue makes the deal waaaay too good to pass up.
So should Delta have gone with the next variant of Boeing's 40-year old workhorse? I think I understand where Richard was coming from...
Heck, even Ed wouldn't lose sleep over that choice.:eek::rolleyes:

crewdawg 08-29-2016 01:35 PM

Well that didn't take long to derail...


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:50 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands