Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2017, 07:28 AM   #10381  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUFlyboy1 View Post
900 will surely decrease but I don't think they will displace. They have said as much. They will use attrition to drive the pilot group down
Prob add new to us two class AC in 2018.
msprj2 is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 10:26 AM   #10382  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUFlyboy1 View Post
...You do realize that DTW is still the largest individual 200 base by nearly double right? In terms of total pairings including the 2 and the 9 all 4 bases are about the same size except MSP is about 12% smaller than the rest.

February pairing credit:

DTW: 200: 4502 900: 4750 Total: 9252
JFK: 200: 2750 900: 6948 Total: 9698
LGA: 200: 2669 900: 6555 Total: 9224
MSP: 200: 2852 900: 5321Total: 8173


DTW is in no danger of closing, and saying such on a public forum is reckless IMO. DTW is still easily attainable for new hires within a few months of being on the line. Do your 2-3 month punishment in NY and move on.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. People have said much worse things on this forum, so you accusing me of being reckless is pretty ridiculous. I personally plan for the worst case scenario. Skywest, Expressjet, and now GoJets have bases in DTW. Not too long ago, this wasn't the case. Our "reward" for good performance is more NYC flying, and it's only going to keep increasing.

I sincerely hope you're right and DTW stays a base. All I was saying was that in a couple years it may not be.
TSioux55 is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 10:39 AM   #10383  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSioux55 View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. People have said much worse things on this forum, so you accusing me of being reckless is pretty ridiculous. I personally plan for the worst case scenario. Skywest, Expressjet, and now GoJets have bases in DTW. Not too long ago, this wasn't the case. Our "reward" for good performance is more NYC flying, and it's only going to keep increasing.

I sincerely hope you're right and DTW stays a base. All I was saying was that in a couple years it may not be.
Maybe you should try go jets since they're taking away your DTW base
msprj2 is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 10:46 AM   #10384  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,346
Default

Give him a break, he's young. He'll learn.

The 200 NY flying will shrink as the year unfolds apparently, and the 700/900 class moves into town. This means our current 200s, plus 14 more, will be split between MSP/DTW/ATL.

I don't see DTW going anywhere real soon, but then again, I didn't see my ex wife cheating on me, so take it for what it's worth.

Don't worry though, the iPads will be here by January. Or 2013. Ummm, wait....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSioux55 View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. People have said much worse things on this forum, so you accusing me of being reckless is pretty ridiculous. I personally plan for the worst case scenario. Skywest, Expressjet, and now GoJets have bases in DTW. Not too long ago, this wasn't the case. Our "reward" for good performance is more NYC flying, and it's only going to keep increasing.

I sincerely hope you're right and DTW stays a base. All I was saying was that in a couple years it may not be.
HighFlight is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 10:56 AM   #10385  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprj2 View Post
Maybe you should try go jets since they're taking away your DTW base
Why don't you have some class? I've been here nearly nine years so forgive me for not always drinking the kool aid.
TSioux55 is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 11:00 AM   #10386  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Inverted
Posts: 374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlight View Post
Give him a break, he's young. He'll learn.

The 200 NY flying will shrink as the year unfolds apparently, and the 700/900 class moves into town. This means our current 200s, plus 14 more, will be split between MSP/DTW/ATL.

I don't see DTW going anywhere real soon, but then again, I didn't see my ex wife cheating on me, so take it for what it's worth.

Don't worry though, the iPads will be here by January. Or 2013. Ummm, wait....
700s won't go to NYC. DL wants forward lav in that market.
HeyOneTaco is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 11:01 AM   #10387  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprj2 View Post
Maybe you should try go jets since they're taking away your DTW base
Could you not?
JesuitValen is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 11:15 AM   #10388  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,346
Default

Latest rumor is MSY will be our new southern base. Awesome!!
HighFlight is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 11:16 AM   #10389  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlight View Post
Latest rumor is MSY will be our new southern base. Awesome!!
CUN was what I heard.
JesuitValen is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 11:20 AM   #10390  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2013
Posts: 270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesuitValen View Post
CUN was what I heard.
It's not Panama City?
CFin is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delta Hiring News WARich Delta 10772 10-14-2019 05:04 PM
The HILARITY of the Endeavor to Delta Program StraightShooter Endeavor Air 121 06-18-2014 10:02 AM
"Latest and Greatest" about jetBlue Crash Major 3437 01-30-2013 06:51 PM
Any "Latest & Greatest" about American? shua757 Major 2 02-24-2009 06:44 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:13 PM.