Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > > >
Endeavor Air Regional Airline
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2017, 05:46 AM   #10861  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CODs4ever's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillcantfly View Post
Well....... we took a step backwards again bringing back ready reserves to the NYC market...... to sit with a spare aircraft but if someone else needs it then you just waste your time. How is this different then before? Solved nothing! The no ready reserves WAS a really good deal for those stuck in NYC not anymore though.....
Yeah, ready reserve pretty much sucks. They almost never used me except one time on ready in NYC, but so far in DTW of the three readys I've had, they called me out to fly immediately on two of those days. I don't see them getting rid of it.
CODs4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:47 AM   #10862  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: CA
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillcantfly View Post
Well....... we took a step backwards again bringing back ready reserves to the NYC market...... to sit with a spare aircraft but if someone else needs it then you just waste your time. How is this different then before? Solved nothing! The no ready reserves WAS a really good deal for those stuck in NYC not anymore though.....
Stop whining isn't reserve in New York like 5 months max? Wah wah bid the 200 if you hate reserve so much or go to envoy you will flow in 7 years. Please don't tell me you're the FO that asked New York approach what time the next flight was to DTW because you have to commute cause you can't hold it. Me me me, look over to your left you've got guys that say reserve for 8-10 years. Don't tell me I hurt your feelings now.
FreightWasScary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:06 AM   #10863  
spin 2
 
stillcantfly's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: the big one
Posts: 336
Default

Yea my feelings are hurt and I'm crying you big bad bully you
stillcantfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:19 AM   #10864  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: CA
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillcantfly View Post
Yea my feelings are hurt and I'm crying you big bad bully you

So reserve is 5 months in NY
FreightWasScary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:55 AM   #10865  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightWasScary View Post
So reserve is 5 months in NY
Sounds like ready rsv only if they have a spare A/C available.
Hope they open that southern base soon or there will be a lot
of spare 200's around to sit RR with.
msprj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:55 AM   #10866  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2012
Posts: 380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODs4ever View Post
Yeah, ready reserve pretty much sucks. They almost never used me except one time on ready in NYC, but so far in DTW of the three readys I've had, they called me out to fly immediately on two of those days. I don't see them getting rid of it.
That's because in DTW RR are used to cover other airlines F ups. When I sat RR in DTW I was used as a reserve for BLOW JETS, Express JET, Sky worst, shuttle americas, and compass's, and I have even covered mainline F ups. The benefits of being wholly owned...we are the B**CH.
whoareyou311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:58 AM   #10867  
spin 2
 
stillcantfly's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: the big one
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoareyou311 View Post
That's because in DTW RR are used to cover other airlines F ups. When I sat RR in DTW I was used as a reserve for BLOW JETS, Express JET, Sky worst, shuttle americas, and compass's, and I have even covered mainline F ups. The benefits of being wholly owned...we are the B**CH.
^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^
stillcantfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:00 AM   #10868  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CODs4ever's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoareyou311 View Post
That's because in DTW RR are used to cover other airlines F ups. When I sat RR in DTW I was used as a reserve for BLOW JETS, Express JET, Sky worst, shuttle americas, and compass's, and I have even covered mainline F ups. The benefits of being wholly owned...we are the B**CH.
That makes sense. I always preferred to get flown when I sat ready. Not a big fan of sitting around. Hopefully the next time I sit ready will be as a CA.
CODs4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:51 AM   #10869  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoareyou311 View Post
That's because in DTW RR are used to cover other airlines F ups. When I sat RR in DTW I was used as a reserve for BLOW JETS, Express JET, Sky worst, shuttle americas, and compass's, and I have even covered mainline F ups. The benefits of being wholly owned...we are the B**CH.
If you're senior to me, quit.

If junior, please be patient, this'll all work out, you're being paid well for a reason.

Two ways to approach any airline problem.
JesuitValen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:06 AM   #10870  
Line Holder
 
mnpilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: CRJ 900/FO
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesuitValen View Post
If you're senior to me, quit.

If junior, please be patient, this'll all work out, you're being paid well for a reason.

Two ways to approach any airline problem.

How can you say we're being paid well...have you seen the rate on the Delta contract for the 900? If they can afford to pay them that rate then they can afford to pay us MUCH better.
mnpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delta Hiring News WARich Delta 10248 04-19-2019 01:34 AM
The HILARITY of the Endeavor to Delta Program StraightShooter Endeavor Air 121 06-18-2014 10:02 AM
"Latest and Greatest" about jetBlue Crash Major 3437 01-30-2013 06:51 PM
Any "Latest & Greatest" about American? shua757 Major 2 02-24-2009 06:44 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:39 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1