Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?


Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 02-27-2017, 01:40 PM
  #11161  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: CaptFo
Posts: 997
Default

Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason
Let's see...a guaranteed opportunity to interview in front of thousands of other applicants when the time comes. While one may have to actually take this seriously when their number is called, it's still better odds than staring at your phone whilst awaiting a call from AA, UAL, B6, et al. But, yeah, that sucks...

You better darn well believe I'll be ready when my opportunity comes up.
I agree, however I also see the other sides point. You wait 3-5 years to roll the dice. This is only my opinion so take it for what it's worth, but I honestly would roll the dice with Envoy if I was just starting out. Envoy is in a really good position right now strictly because retirements at AA. To me I see major movement in the coming years for them. Upgrade, and career progression.

Endeavor has movement too, however it's a little bit different because the top 500 might be here for the long run. If none of you believe this, then you simply aren't paying attention, or haven't been here long enough to notice. There has to be relief up top, or we have stagnation. This isn't a rant on Endeavor...I like the way this airline is heading, just think there needs to be some tweaks with the entire package.
Yumyum is offline  
Old 02-27-2017, 01:50 PM
  #11162  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 480
Default

Originally Posted by HighFlight
Pardon me for being so bold, but can you elaborate on how the DGI sucks, since it is still at least two years away?
Sure, yeah, easy peasy. Real quick, open up to the contract page that defines the DGI (which was the GIP until the company figured out that they just made an abbreviation for 'gip' which mirrored the pass rate of the SSP at the time of 35%), and I'll point out it's problems. Its gotta be in there somewhere in the LOAs i think.

Oh wait, never mind, the DGI is a weirdly made promise that has no backing by the CBA because the company didn't want to be nailed down with specifics. Where my SSP has defined and enforceable language, the DGI is nothing.

Well in fairness, since it's made up, it can be whatever you want it to be. Hope I see ya over there, the DGI has a weird carveout, if your hair is red you get a pony after ioe completion. It's right there in the language.
JesuitValen is offline  
Old 02-27-2017, 02:09 PM
  #11163  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,559
Default

I agree with most of this, minus the 3-5 year part. More like 3-3.5 years. Meanwhile, a flow today takes about 6-10.

Envoy? Not a chance. They still have a LONG way to go with reserve times and upgrades. Pay is good, schedules are much worse than at EDV. If EDV isn't a good fit for a friend of mine, I recommend PDT to them today. In my opinion, a much better place to be.

And to be fair, EVERY regional has a top (100, 300, 500?) who will "be there for the long run". Heck, we have FOs who have been on property for over 8 years who have no plan to upgrade. QoL and fear of failure/rejection will always cause stagnation at the top of a company.

Nothing is guaranteed, except that the company "to be at" today will not be that company in six months or a year or two. That, and that the regional pilot will never be compensated appropriately with his/her skills.

Originally Posted by Yumyum
I agree, however I also see the other sides point. You wait 3-5 years to roll the dice. This is only my opinion so take it for what it's worth, but I honestly would roll the dice with Envoy if I was just starting out. Envoy is in a really good position right now strictly because retirements at AA. To me I see major movement in the coming years for them. Upgrade, and career progression.

Endeavor has movement too, however it's a little bit different because the top 500 might be here for the long run. If none of you believe this, then you simply aren't paying attention, or haven't been here long enough to notice. There has to be relief up top, or we have stagnation. This isn't a rant on Endeavor...I like the way this airline is heading, just think there needs to be some tweaks with the entire package.
HighFlight is offline  
Old 02-27-2017, 02:35 PM
  #11164  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 503
Default

Looks like EFBs are being shipped dis week. I received my shipping info. There's hope.
Slaveaway is offline  
Old 02-27-2017, 02:36 PM
  #11165  
Gets Weekends Off
 
VoiceOfReason's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: CR9 CA, FT Minivan Driver
Posts: 452
Default

Originally Posted by Yumyum
I agree, however I also see the other sides point. You wait 3-5 years to roll the dice. This is only my opinion so take it for what it's worth, but I honestly would roll the dice with Envoy if I was just starting out. Envoy is in a really good position right now strictly because retirements at AA. To me I see major movement in the coming years for them. Upgrade, and career progression.

Endeavor has movement too, however it's a little bit different because the top 500 might be here for the long run. If none of you believe this, then you simply aren't paying attention, or haven't been here long enough to notice. There has to be relief up top, or we have stagnation. This isn't a rant on Endeavor...I like the way this airline is heading, just think there needs to be some tweaks with the entire package.
I wonder if the company or association has an appetite to revisit another shot for those who didn't make it through their SSP. I know a lot of great guys who stumbled through one part or another...if those of you who got the TBNT had another shot, would you take it? Maybe if it included some sort of modified interview structure? Has anyone talked to the company about exploring this as a means to carve off the guys who don't want to be lifers, but also aren't getting calls from AA or UAL?
VoiceOfReason is offline  
Old 02-27-2017, 02:36 PM
  #11166  
Gets Weekends Off
 
VoiceOfReason's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: CR9 CA, FT Minivan Driver
Posts: 452
Default

Originally Posted by Slaveaway
Looks like EFBs are being shipped dis week. I received my shipping info. There's hope.
I just picked mine up myself. Ready to get this next chapter started. To those of you who haven't finished your LMS - let's go!
VoiceOfReason is offline  
Old 02-27-2017, 02:51 PM
  #11167  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: CaptFo
Posts: 997
Default

Originally Posted by HighFlight
I agree with most of this, minus the 3-5 year part. More like 3-3.5 years. Meanwhile, a flow today takes about 6-10.

Envoy? Not a chance. They still have a LONG way to go with reserve times and upgrades. Pay is good, schedules are much worse than at EDV. If EDV isn't a good fit for a friend of mine, I recommend PDT to them today. In my opinion, a much better place to be.

And to be fair, EVERY regional has a top (100, 300, 500?) who will "be there for the long run". Heck, we have FOs who have been on property for over 8 years who have no plan to upgrade. QoL and fear of failure/rejection will always cause stagnation at the top of a company.

Nothing is guaranteed, except that the company "to be at" today will not be that company in six months or a year or two. That, and that the regional pilot will never be compensated appropriately with his/her skills.
I disagree because you are basing your intel on the past 10 years I think? I know personally 4 Envoy pilots getting ready for class at AA after about 12 years, and they are saying that time IS going to be cut in half! Yep half and I believe them after seeing the numbers.
Yumyum is offline  
Old 02-27-2017, 02:54 PM
  #11168  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,559
Default

You can't disagree with me, because I said 6 (half of 12, the same thing you said) to 10. This includes those "older" folks flowing today, as well as estimates of when a NH today will flow.

I may be getting things a tad mixed up between all 3 of the AA WOs, but I know the flow at any of the three will not happen prior to the DGI for someone hired in the past year at EDV. Agree?

Originally Posted by Yumyum
I disagree because you are basing your intel on the past 10 years I think? I know personally 4 Envoy pilots getting ready for class at AA after about 12 years, and they are saying that time IS going to be cut in half! Yep half and I believe them after seeing the numbers.
HighFlight is offline  
Old 02-27-2017, 03:09 PM
  #11169  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: CaptFo
Posts: 997
Default

Originally Posted by HighFlight
You can't disagree with me, because I said 6 (half of 12, the same thing you said) to 10. This includes those "older" folks flowing today, as well as estimates of when a NH today will flow.

I may be getting things a tad mixed up between all 3 of the AA WOs, but I know the flow at any of the three will not happen prior to the DGI for someone hired in the past year at EDV. Agree?
Disagree....I misread the time frame my bad...but your DGI prediction isn't GUARANTEED.....Its a interview....Key word. History favors the Flow facts.
Yumyum is offline  
Old 02-27-2017, 03:28 PM
  #11170  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 480
Default

Originally Posted by HighFlight
Pardon me for being so bold, but can you elaborate on how the DGI sucks, since it is still at least two years away?
Hey i saw you missed my reply to you

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/2310223-post11164.html

There ya go
JesuitValen is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StraightShooter
Endeavor Air
124
06-26-2023 10:23 AM
WARich
Delta
11220
06-10-2020 07:42 AM
Crash
Major
3437
01-30-2013 06:51 PM
shua757
Major
2
02-24-2009 06:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices