Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?


Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 05-10-2017, 10:54 AM
  #13411  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,559
Default

I was quoting a guy who was talking about MSP. My comment was about MSP.

CA in DTW on the 200 still on RSV ranges from 2007 to May 2011 hires. (6- to 10-yr CAs)

CA in MSP on the 200 still on RSV ranges from Nov 2006 to Sep 07 hires. (10- to 11-yr CAs)

CA RSV less than 6 months? Only in NY. Not everyone is willing to go to NY to upgrade. Folks hired today at EDV will not see a line as a CA in MSP nor DTW for the next 10-15 years. And upgrade to CA will likely be 5-8 years.

Originally Posted by relaxedone
In MSP ? or in general ? RSV on the 200 is fairly short dependent on base. RSV as a CA ? also subject to base.

FO RSV, less than few weeks or a month or two ( exceptions MSP of course ) but if you're bidding MSP, most likely easier commute or you live there and commuting a line or living in base RSV is an easy decision for most.

CA RSV. The 200 is less than 6 months. I'm a 900 upgrade in NY. And there is already movement and don't expect to be on RSV a year.

Just sayin.
HighFlight is offline  
Old 05-10-2017, 10:57 AM
  #13412  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,558
Default

Originally Posted by Green Needles
I am being helpful by being honest. With other regionals offering what they are, we aren't the golden child​ any more. Right now, the realistic outlook is NYC and no career progression. Come upgrade, guess where you'll be right now, NYC. Who knows what happens when ATL is established. It may go senior, it may go junior, it may be a good mix.

I'd rather be bluntly honest than sell the guy Kool aid.
NYC forever is not bluntly honest. You can get out. I did. FOs have more options than captains but let's not act like there hasn't been a vacancy awarded west of manhattan recently. There's been plenty, both seats. As far as career progression, there is a lot of room for improvement, I'll agree. But saying "none" isn't bluntly honest. It's a lie. There's no guarantee but there is an interview. And plenty of people have gone through the existing program. The DGI is an unknown but it's not nothing. You can say you were being honest but purposeful ommission is the same as lying.

Last edited by Iceberg; 05-10-2017 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Dang phone keyboard
Iceberg is offline  
Old 05-10-2017, 12:56 PM
  #13413  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Posts: 121
Default

Originally Posted by HighFlight
I was quoting a guy who was talking about MSP. My comment was about MSP.

CA in DTW on the 200 still on RSV ranges from 2007 to May 2011 hires. (6- to 10-yr CAs)

CA in MSP on the 200 still on RSV ranges from Nov 2006 to Sep 07 hires. (10- to 11-yr CAs)

CA RSV less than 6 months? Only in NY. Not everyone is willing to go to NY to upgrade. Folks hired today at EDV will not see a line as a CA in MSP nor DTW for the next 10-15 years. And upgrade to CA will likely be 5-8 years.
So, CA reserve is excessively long and upgrade time here is well over 2 years now unless you choose NYC? Please clarify the situation. Is stagnation setting in?
Datsun is offline  
Old 05-10-2017, 01:01 PM
  #13414  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Posts: 505
Default

Originally Posted by Datsun
So, CA reserve is excessively long and upgrade time here is well over 2 years now unless you choose NYC? Please clarify the situation. Is stagnation setting in?
Little to no movement off the top is causing prolonged CA reserve in most bases. MSP and DTW require +10 years of seniority to hold a line as CA. NYC is a mixed bag ATL hasn't fully opened yet.

Realistically if you want to upgrade to CA you will be doing it in NYC. You can upgrade after you finish OE if you have the 121 time you will just be doing it in NYC. I have the time to upgrade but I don't want to commute to New York. Holding a line in DTW where I live provides for a much higher QoL than being the lowest reserve CA in NY.
WhiskeyKilo is offline  
Old 05-10-2017, 01:39 PM
  #13415  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,237
Default

Originally Posted by Datsun
So, CA reserve is excessively long and upgrade time here is well over 2 years now unless you choose NYC? Please clarify the situation. Is stagnation setting in?
LGA, JFK, ATL are jr. MSP and DTW are senior. Some stagnation on CA side in senior domicile
msprj2 is offline  
Old 05-10-2017, 01:54 PM
  #13416  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CODs4ever's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 536
Default

On the -900 as an FO. Came here with about 700 hrs of previous 121 time. Spent 3 months in NYC before awarded DTW. Another 4 months of flying in DTW before I picked up NYC 900 CA. Headed to upgrade training next month so I'll be back flying again in the Big Apple by August. If you're eligible but have under 1000 company time you gotta grab your CA spot while you can because once the wave of 2015-2016 new hires (with no previous 121) start hitting the 1000 mark, upgrades are likely going to slow down.

I don't expect to get out of NYC anytime soon. In fact I'll probably be DGI eligible before I ever can bid out of NYC.
CODs4ever is offline  
Old 05-10-2017, 03:44 PM
  #13417  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 155
Default

Originally Posted by WhiskeyKilo
Little to no movement off the top is causing prolonged CA reserve in most bases. MSP and DTW require +10 years of seniority to hold a line as CA. NYC is a mixed bag ATL hasn't fully opened yet.

Realistically if you want to upgrade to CA you will be doing it in NYC. You can upgrade after you finish OE if you have the 121 time you will just be doing it in NYC. I have the time to upgrade but I don't want to commute to New York. Holding a line in DTW where I live provides for a much higher QoL than being the lowest reserve CA in NY.

To be clear here, we are saying 10 years to hold line as CA, but how long to make CA reserve other than NY?
Bornflying is offline  
Old 05-10-2017, 04:14 PM
  #13418  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2015
Posts: 183
Default

Originally Posted by Bornflying
To be clear here, we are saying 10 years to hold line as CA, but how long to make CA reserve other than NY?
I flew with a few 16+ year MSP captains on reserve during April.
Edgecrusher28 is offline  
Old 05-10-2017, 04:54 PM
  #13419  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,237
Default

Originally Posted by CODs4ever
On the -900 as an FO. Came here with about 700 hrs of previous 121 time. Spent 3 months in NYC before awarded DTW. Another 4 months of flying in DTW before I picked up NYC 900 CA. Headed to upgrade training next month so I'll be back flying again in the Big Apple by August. If you're eligible but have under 1000 company time you gotta grab your CA spot while you can because once the wave of 2015-2016 new hires (with no previous 121) start hitting the 1000 mark, upgrades are likely going to slow down.

I don't expect to get out of NYC anytime soon. In fact I'll probably be DGI eligible before I ever can bid out of NYC.
On the 900 maybe but on the 200 ATL CA will go junior
msprj2 is offline  
Old 05-10-2017, 05:21 PM
  #13420  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2012
Posts: 426
Default

Originally Posted by msprj2
On the 900 maybe but on the 200 ATL CA will go junior
ATL CA will go junior-ish...the top will be senior and mid level seniority below that then yes it will go junior...I don't think as junior as NYC...still to see how it all plays out as ATL ramps up.
whoareyou311 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StraightShooter
Endeavor Air
124
06-26-2023 10:23 AM
WARich
Delta
11220
06-10-2020 07:42 AM
Crash
Major
3437
01-30-2013 06:51 PM
shua757
Major
2
02-24-2009 06:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices