Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2018, 07:58 PM   #20721  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburngrad2007 View Post
What do you have? Id say around $300 to $350 for a used one in good condition.
eBay is great for this too. Just saying... Can get a Telex 850 for that brand new. Or save that money till January, convince l combine it with the uniform allowance and get a DC pro x brand new. Last you years and years.
Casualinterest is offline  
Old 08-28-2018, 08:21 PM   #20722  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 63
Default

Have a Bose A20 but stopped using them as I went to a different option of Bose QC35 $300 with the Nflightmic $250 for the convenience of it being smaller in my bag. The A20 are way too bulky and pain to carry around. That's a cheaper option for good quality
SurelySerious is offline  
Old 08-29-2018, 05:10 AM   #20723  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurelySerious View Post
Have a Bose A20 but stopped using them as I went to a different option of Bose QC35 $300 with the Nflightmic $250 for the convenience of it being smaller in my bag. The A20 are way too bulky and pain to carry around. That's a cheaper option for good quality
That's $550 for a headset that's not TSO certified. You can buy Clarity aloft for a little more, even smaller, and TSO certified.
Squak1200 is offline  
Old 08-29-2018, 06:39 AM   #20724  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squak1200 View Post
That's $550 for a headset that's not TSO certified. You can buy Clarity aloft for a little more, even smaller, and TSO certified.
Sure but who wants a crap headset. Get the non tsoed and bring the little loi from faa national saying the tso headset checks are over and the faa is not in the business of patent enforcement any longer.
theUpsideDown is offline  
Old 08-29-2018, 06:56 AM   #20725  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theUpsideDown View Post
Sure but who wants a crap headset. Get the non tsoed and bring the little loi from faa national saying the tso headset checks are over and the faa is not in the business of patent enforcement any longer.

Yeah but does your FOM require a TSO compliant headset?
GuardPolice is offline  
Old 08-29-2018, 07:33 AM   #20726  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardPolice View Post
Yeah but does your FOM require a TSO compliant headset?
Sure does.
Squak1200 is offline  
Old 08-29-2018, 08:25 AM   #20727  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardPolice View Post
Yeah but does your FOM require a TSO compliant headset?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squak1200 View Post
Sure does.
You can come grab it out of my cold dead hands. I assume you're FOs, bid checkairmen, how many of them have tsoed headsets? Wahhhh wahhhhhhhhhh
theUpsideDown is offline  
Old 08-29-2018, 08:50 AM   #20728  
Part of the problem
 
Flogger's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: CRJ200 CA
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theUpsideDown View Post
You can come grab it out of my cold dead hands. I assume you're FOs, bid checkairmen, how many of them have tsoed headsets? Wahhhh wahhhhhhhhhh
Nobody in the company will call someone out for using a non-TSO headset. The trouble comes from a FED who just happens to know what the FOM says about headsets and decides he doesn't like the color of your eyes.

Most FEDS are cool, but there are a few turds in that punchbowl.

I had a run in with a FED who was ramp checking 121 planes with absolutely no mandate or authority to do so. Turns out he was trying to set himself up as a whistleblower-raising a flag about how the FEDS weren't being hard enough on regional airlines. He was doing this to protect himself because he had been caught schtupping a subordinate.

The moral of that story is-don't give a schtup-caught FED a freeby, like a non-TSO headset. Make em work for it.

Flogger is offline  
Old 08-29-2018, 09:30 AM   #20729  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
Nobody in the company will call someone out for using a non-TSO headset. The trouble comes from a FED who just happens to know what the FOM says about headsets and decides he doesn't like the color of your eyes.

Most FEDS are cool, but there are a few turds in that punchbowl.

I had a run in with a FED who was ramp checking 121 planes with absolutely no mandate or authority to do so. Turns out he was trying to set himself up as a whistleblower-raising a flag about how the FEDS weren't being hard enough on regional airlines. He was doing this to protect himself because he had been caught schtupping a subordinate.

The moral of that story is-don't give a schtup-caught FED a freeby, like a non-TSO headset. Make em work for it.

Yeah i know the game, and the feds couldnt possibly have been more clear in their letter to Bose and a letter of interpretation that they wont be doing Bose's bidding any longer. The FAA isn't in the business of patent protection or forcing air crews to buy one headset or another. About a decade and a half ago (when that tso language was written) the FAA tried mustering some enforcement and quickly realized they were being run in circles because uflymike wasnt paying bose, so they stopped very suddenly.

You all do what ever you want. I'm as done with the topic as the faa is, but send me pictures of all your awesome tso'd headset.
theUpsideDown is offline  
Old 08-29-2018, 10:57 AM   #20730  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theUpsideDown View Post
You can come grab it out of my cold dead hands. I assume you're FOs, bid checkairmen, how many of them have tsoed headsets? Wahhhh wahhhhhhhhhh

I guess the mainline LCAs I fly with are held to a higher standard.
GuardPolice is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delta Hiring News WARich Delta 10531 Yesterday 04:47 PM
The HILARITY of the Endeavor to Delta Program StraightShooter Endeavor Air 121 06-18-2014 10:02 AM
"Latest and Greatest" about jetBlue Crash Major 3437 01-30-2013 06:51 PM
Any "Latest & Greatest" about American? shua757 Major 2 02-24-2009 06:44 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:18 AM.