Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2018, 11:22 AM   #20851  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: 737 FO
Posts: 1,560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkTurkey View Post
Thanks for that. Someone else noted that the mothership is very frequent in changing plans, as has been portrayed by my ingrate non-fans. But eff it. Sometimes I get bored at the desk--a desk--some desk.
I really think that the people who talk out of turn are in the minority of the readers. I expect most really do enjoy your input and insight.

As far as the plans go, there are so many moving parts that a single area not going to schedule can have a tremendous ripple effect on the rest of the plan (or even seemingly non related plans).

In this case the theme hasn't changed at all, just the method of how to get there and the timeframe. I fully expect this is why there apparently hasn't been much in the way of information from management, because they are honestly trying to be forthright and not make implied promises until they have a fairly certain timeframe. I also agree with previous inputs that announcing aircraft movement too early can make a mess of pilot staffing wherever they are coming from. This is as compared to the old days of Pinnacle when they'd have been breathlessly promising the moon the entire time. I still firmly believe that Endeavor is in a very good position.
Baradium is offline  
Old 10-09-2018, 01:30 PM   #20852  
Endeavah
 
Mesabah's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMe View Post
How about a two carrier strategy?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Can't do it, RAH owns those slots, and Delta has DOT immunity to operate mainline aircraft in them, which they do.

Delta would probably go down to one regional if it could, since we can't strike for another decade, and by that time there will be enough Propel-ers, that a strike would be off the table anyway.
Mesabah is offline  
Old 10-09-2018, 06:36 PM   #20853  
Part of the problem
 
Flogger's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: CRJ200 CA
Posts: 474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
Can't do it, RAH owns those slots, and Delta has DOT immunity to operate mainline aircraft in them, which they do.

Delta would probably go down to one regional if it could, since we can't strike for another decade, and by that time there will be enough Propel-ers, that a strike would be off the table anyway.
Wrong.

DL would never go to one regional. They would lose the contract churn/ whipsaw which makes the whole regional thing worth having around.
Flogger is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 12:49 PM   #20854  
Endeavah
 
Mesabah's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
Wrong.

DL would never go to one regional. They would lose the contract churn/ whipsaw which makes the whole regional thing worth having around.
They won't be able to play the whipsaw game for at least another 20 years. There aren't enough pilots.
Mesabah is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 01:07 PM   #20855  
Part of the problem
 
Flogger's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: CRJ200 CA
Posts: 474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
They won't be able to play the whipsaw game for at least another 20 years. There aren't enough pilots.
As long as there are at least two regionals, there will be contract churn and whipsaw. The industry may go to a single regional, but I hope to be retired by then as I'd rather not work for Skypest.
Flogger is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 01:16 PM   #20856  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2018
Position: LGA Crew Room Supervisor
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
As long as there are at least two regionals, there will be contract churn and whipsaw. The industry may go to a single regional, but I hope to be retired by then as I'd rather not work for Skypest.
I don't think you'll ever see only one regional. If the industry ever consolidated that much, mainline would probably just absorb everything after they get rid of the 50 seaters.
FollowCompanyRJ is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 01:43 PM   #20857  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Dive and drive
Posts: 289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowCompanyRJ View Post
I don't think you'll ever see only one regional. If the industry ever consolidated that much, mainline would probably just absorb everything after they get rid of the 50 seaters.
Never happen - bean counters and lawyers canít justify it in anyway.
flywithjohn is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 01:46 PM   #20858  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithjohn View Post
Never happen - bean counters and lawyers canít justify it in anyway.
I agree with bean counters. Lawyers can justify anything
theUpsideDown is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 01:52 PM   #20859  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2018
Position: LGA Crew Room Supervisor
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithjohn View Post
Never happen - bean counters and lawyers canít justify it in anyway.
Like I said, if there were ever a situation where they could justify consolidating down to one regional, you've already got a monopoly, and costs will go up. They'd just absorb it.
FollowCompanyRJ is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 03:09 PM   #20860  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: 6 Train - Panhandler
Posts: 2,001
Default

I’m just a Turkey that works hard not to become a thanksgiving catch. But here’s a question I have. If Delta doesn’t care about the progression of 9E pilots, as some may attest; what stops our MEC from say, reaching out to jetBlue MEC or some other ALPA MEC about moving some pilots out of here? A phone call which leads to a lunch with a few people and see what if anything could be done to help both ALPA groups. Why can’t something like that occur? How hard can it be?
TalkTurkey is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delta Hiring News WARich Delta 10887 Today 06:35 AM
The HILARITY of the Endeavor to Delta Program StraightShooter Endeavor Air 121 06-18-2014 11:02 AM
"Latest and Greatest" about jetBlue Crash Major 3437 01-30-2013 07:51 PM
Any "Latest & Greatest" about American? shua757 Major 2 02-24-2009 07:44 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:37 AM.