Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2019, 05:34 PM   #21411  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JSDL's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Round Two
Posts: 298
Default

Out of all of the regionals how many are actually growing? I don't follow what the others are doing that closely. So other than replacing older ac is Go Jet the only one set to grow? Seems like Skywest shuffles ac around and replaces older equipment. I just haven't heard any real hot movement anywhere. So unless I'm missing something I feel like we are doing just fine and the day will come maybe not as quick as some may want that we will get some more flying. Feel free to gripe but overall 9E is a great place and I wouldn't discourage anyone from coming here. With that said anyone interested do your research and do what's best for yourself and your family.

This is not directed at anyone specific.
JSDL is offline  
Old 02-24-2019, 05:45 PM   #21412  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2018
Posts: 84
Default

[QUOTE=JSDL;2769844]Out of all of the regionals how many are actually growing? I don't follow what the others are doing that closely. So other than replacing older ac is Go Jet the only one set to grow? Seems like Skywest shuffles ac around and replaces older equipment. I just haven't heard any real hot movement anywhere. So unless I'm missing something I feel like we are doing just fine and the day will come maybe not as quick as some may want that we will get some more flying. Feel free to gripe but overall 9E is a great place and I wouldn't discourage anyone from coming here. With that said anyone interested do your research and do what's best for yourself and your family.

This is not directed at anyone specific.[/QUOTE

Expressjet- plus they allegedly may possibly may not get a flow to United
K92plane is offline  
Old 02-24-2019, 07:45 PM   #21413  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: CRJ9 CA
Posts: 766
Default

Regional flying is just reshuffling due to scope. It’s not expanding in any way.
pangolin is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 04:43 AM   #21414  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: Reclined seat
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K92plane View Post
Expressjet- plus they allegedly may possibly may not get a flow to United

We at ExpressJet expect more news to follow by this summer on what's going to happen with either an improved CPP or a flow. Right now we have a pool of guys that are in the CPP program waiting on a class date. That pool has been shrinking, and there hasn't been any new people introduced into the CPP program by taking the Hogan test yet. This is what's fueling that something better may be coming - drain the existing pool before starting something new.


As far as growth goes, we operate like 80 E145's right now, but we can operate up to 126 if we can staff it. We have the 20 CRJ-200's, and 25 E175SC's coming. We're going from 100 to 125 and up to 171 airplanes, or a 70% increase. We also reserved a large block of tail numbers that end in UX, and the rumor is we're going to have up to 60 E175's by the beginning of 2020.
wmupilot85 is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 05:00 AM   #21415  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmupilot85 View Post
We at ExpressJet expect more news to follow by this summer on what's going to happen with either an improved CPP or a flow. Right now we have a pool of guys that are in the CPP program waiting on a class date. That pool has been shrinking, and there hasn't been any new people introduced into the CPP program by taking the Hogan test yet. This is what's fueling that something better may be coming - drain the existing pool before starting something new.


As far as growth goes, we operate like 80 E145's right now, but we can operate up to 126 if we can staff it. We have the 20 CRJ-200's, and 25 E175SC's coming. We're going from 100 to 125 and up to 171 airplanes, or a 70% increase. We also reserved a large block of tail numbers that end in UX, and the rumor is we're going to have up to 60 E175's by the beginning of 2020.
Good Lord, insta captains incoming.
theUpsideDown is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 10:03 AM   #21416  
Line Holder
 
IAFDOF's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2018
Position: Airline Employee
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theUpsideDown View Post
Good Lord, insta captains incoming.
Ah, the irony of potentially seeing EDV guys go down that road in the near future.

Unfortunately for us, upgrade right now means NYC, and NYC means reserve, and reserve means barely flying. I'm trying to be optimistic, but if this "when" turns to "if," that could change. Right now it seems like the new jets are going to Skywest, the career progression is going to children still in high school, and the E+ and F class seats are going to... well, my last 3 positive space flights they seem to have rather had them empty.
IAFDOF is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 10:31 AM   #21417  
Layover Master
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAFDOF View Post
Ah, the irony of potentially seeing EDV guys go down that road in the near future.

Unfortunately for us, upgrade right now means NYC, and NYC means reserve, and reserve means barely flying. I'm trying to be optimistic, but if this "when" turns to "if," that could change. Right now it seems like the new jets are going to Skywest, the career progression is going to children still in high school, and the E+ and F class seats are going to... well, my last 3 positive space flights they seem to have rather had them empty.
It already went to “if”...
PotatoChip is online now  
Old 02-25-2019, 10:41 AM   #21418  
Gets Weekends Off
 
prex8390's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
It already went to “if”...
I’ve been hearing lately it’s back to “when” and that date has been moved up from what it was. There’s a reason why they are hiring a ton of mechanics in Atlanta right now.
prex8390 is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 10:43 AM   #21419  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: Right Seat
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prex8390 View Post
I’ve been hearing lately it’s back to “when” and that date has been moved up from what it was. There’s a reason why they are hiring a ton of mechanics in Atlanta right now.
Potentially for an increase in 200s
FlyJay is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 11:33 AM   #21420  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyJay View Post
Potentially for an increase in 200s
Avro is coming back.
theUpsideDown is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delta Hiring News WARich Delta 10772 10-14-2019 05:04 PM
The HILARITY of the Endeavor to Delta Program StraightShooter Endeavor Air 121 06-18-2014 10:02 AM
"Latest and Greatest" about jetBlue Crash Major 3437 01-30-2013 06:51 PM
Any "Latest & Greatest" about American? shua757 Major 2 02-24-2009 06:44 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:48 AM.