Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 08-29-2019, 06:45 AM
  #22271  
Gets Weekends Off
 
VoiceOfReason's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: CR9 CA, FT Minivan Driver
Posts: 452
Default

Originally Posted by Meow1215 View Post
Doubtful, the 550 has unproven economics. Only a few of the routes the 200 does would have the need for a premium cabin. Also, 700s are not exactly plentiful.
Agreed. Pundits at DL in ATL I've heard from tell me the concept of the 550 is laughable. I firmly believe we will never see that abomination in DL livery.
VoiceOfReason is offline  
Old 08-29-2019, 07:37 AM
  #22272  
On Guard!
 
Meow1215's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,181
Default

Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
Agreed. Pundits at DL in ATL I've heard from tell me the concept of the 550 is laughable. I firmly believe we will never see that abomination in DL livery.
Iíll go do far as to say UA wonít keep it long term on all these routes. I could see routes where maybe it has its uses, the MVYs, ASPs, and such that have high value customers who will pay that kind of money on short flights. But your CSGs and SYRs that the 200 is known to do - not so much. Maybe UA will put it on longer thin routes and customers will justify it. But even then, itís not a cash cow like the deuce.
Meow1215 is offline  
Old 08-29-2019, 07:51 AM
  #22273  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2016
Posts: 998
Default

Originally Posted by Meow1215 View Post
Iíll go do far as to say UA wonít keep it long term on all these routes. I could see routes where maybe it has its uses, the MVYs, ASPs, and such that have high value customers who will pay that kind of money on short flights. But your CSGs and SYRs that the 200 is known to do - not so much. Maybe UA will put it on longer thin routes and customers will justify it. But even then, itís not a cash cow like the deuce.
Looks like GSO will be one of the cities served with them opening a base there... Iím guessing they are trying to keep some of the crew members based in RDU, however, that route definitely does not seem premium particularly premium heavy at all. I believe over half the seats on the 550 are ďpremiumĒ seats. Theyíre just going to get filled by passengers who booked tickets in the oversold basic economy fare bucket...
flydiamond is offline  
Old 08-29-2019, 02:15 PM
  #22274  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,186
Default

Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
Agreed. Pundits at DL in ATL I've heard from tell me the concept of the 550 is laughable. I firmly believe we will never see that abomination in DL livery.
Well you need to look at widebody count UA vs DL. Then even break it down further to premium seats On those widebodys vs DL. Way more seats. On UA that want premium from GSO-LHR then DL.. its a product difference. It probably wouldnít work for DL. But time will tell if it works for UA...
amcnd is offline  
Old 08-29-2019, 02:31 PM
  #22275  
Porco Rosso
 
ninerdriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,522
Default

Originally Posted by amcnd View Post
Well you need to look at widebody count UA vs DL. Then even break it down further to premium seats On those widebodys vs DL. Way more seats. On UA that want premium from GSO-LHR then DL.. its a product difference. It probably wouldnít work for DL. But time will tell if it works for UA...
DL doesn't need widebodies when they keep farming out that flying to VS, Air France, and KLM. UA vs DL on the international side isn't an apples to apples comparison.

Besides, if someone really wants GSO to Europe, then they're driving two hours to Charlotte and flying AA.
ninerdriver is offline  
Old 08-29-2019, 02:45 PM
  #22276  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,237
Default

Originally Posted by Meow1215 View Post
Iíll go do far as to say UA wonít keep it long term on all these routes. I could see routes where maybe it has its uses, the MVYs, ASPs, and such that have high value customers who will pay that kind of money on short flights. But your CSGs and SYRs that the 200 is known to do - not so much. Maybe UA will put it on longer thin routes and customers will justify it. But even then, itís not a cash cow like the deuce.
UA is maxed out on scope. They have fewer big rjís. UA 200ís canít compete against DL and AA big rjís. Thatís the reason they are getting 550ís.
When DL 200ís canít compete against UA 550ís their attitude may change.
msprj2 is offline  
Old 08-29-2019, 06:15 PM
  #22277  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 309
Default

What's with all the pictures of SkyWest planes in the LMS this time around?
flyingfiddler is offline  
Old 08-29-2019, 06:25 PM
  #22278  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 309
Default

Originally Posted by Blueskies21 View Post
Some guys wear it. Some guys don't. Each group has opinions on the other group, discussion ensues.

Did that clear it up?
I do (mostly to cover my bald spot) 😝 but no judgement on guys who prefer not to. Some like it, some don't, and that's fine.
flyingfiddler is offline  
Old 08-30-2019, 07:17 PM
  #22279  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 79
Default

Originally Posted by Meow1215 View Post
Doubtful, the 550 has unproven economics. Only a few of the routes the 200 does would have the need for a premium cabin. Also, 700s are not exactly plentiful.
The 550 doesn't exist for premium seating. It exists in order to keep large RJ's on United's property, waiting for the day that scope can be gutted.
Then, *voilŗ!* they become 700's once again.
Bloggs is offline  
Old 08-30-2019, 09:54 PM
  #22280  
On Guard!
 
Meow1215's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,181
Default

Originally Posted by Bloggs View Post
The 550 doesn't exist for premium seating. It exists in order to keep large RJ's on United's property, waiting for the day that scope can be gutted.
Then, *voilŗ!* they become 700's once again.
Magic eight all says ďYou may rely on itĒ.
Meow1215 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StraightShooter
Endeavor Air
124
06-26-2023 11:23 AM
WARich
Delta
11220
06-10-2020 08:42 AM
Crash
Major
3437
01-30-2013 07:51 PM
shua757
Major
2
02-24-2009 07:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread