Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?


Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 09-19-2016, 06:48 PM
  #6861  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 480
Default

Originally Posted by Edgecrusher28
I have called CS a few times when I think this is happening and here is what I have found out. For P2 and P3 RR shifts, I was informed that you must be overnight-able. So perhaps, those junior to you only have one day remaining on their reserve block and cannot be assigned RR for the above reserve periods. Second case was the junior reserve pilot was not contactable the day prior and they stick you with the RR shift and leave the junior pilot on home reserve. Another; more questionable scenario I was given is as follows. A junior reserve pilot was given an assignment( I choose last out as a preference) and I was then assigned RR due to pecking order. For whatever reason the once given assignment was removed and that pilot was placed back on home reserve even though I was still showing P1 RR. Scheduling said that is just a bad break and they couldn't change it for whatever technical/contractual reasons.
That sounds a little backwards. It might be worth having the union investigate. Talk to a rep and they can call around. If they violated the contract there's usually money involved for you, the pilot effected. It takes a couple months but i got it a couple times on reserve and it's great money above guarantee. Scheduling does whatever they want and they hope when they man-splain to you why you're wrong, you'll assume they're right. Payroll does same thing except worse. Read the contract, ask questions, make money.
JesuitValen is offline  
Old 09-19-2016, 07:10 PM
  #6862  
spin 2
 
stillcantfly's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: the big one
Posts: 437
Default

Originally Posted by Gearswinger
No one hunts, fishes, grows food, or earns money outside of the Midwest? You conveniently skipped over the entire point of the post. NY is a horrible base in YOUR OPINION. Just as many or more want nothing to do with the Midwest. Accept that you are not right, and neither am I. Bases are good for some, not for others.
Now the last sentence I can agree with
stillcantfly is offline  
Old 09-19-2016, 07:17 PM
  #6863  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Posts: 116
Default

/ U !


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aviationslave is offline  
Old 09-19-2016, 08:21 PM
  #6864  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Posts: 126
Default

Originally Posted by Gearswinger
Just as many or more want nothing to do with the Midwest.
I would love to see the stats on people in the US that want to live in NYC vs. those that don't. Your egos would implode. Or they wouldn't, I guess; because that isn't how narcissism works.
musketeer is offline  
Old 09-19-2016, 08:44 PM
  #6865  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Posts: 116
Default

Originally Posted by Aviationslave
/ U !


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


This was a pocket dial disregard.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aviationslave is offline  
Old 09-19-2016, 09:14 PM
  #6866  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Gearswinger's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2012
Posts: 465
Default

Originally Posted by musketeer
I would love to see the stats on people in the US that want to live in NYC vs. those that don't. Your egos would implode. Or they wouldn't, I guess; because that isn't how narcissism works.
I've never lived in NYC. Never will, never want to. Hell, I don't even go into the city, maybe a half dozen times in the last few years. The great thing about NYC is how easy it is to get to from large portions of the US. Multiple hourly shuttles from Chicago, BOS, DCA make it a great base from any of those areas, as well as regular flights from all over the Northeast, FL, and other regions.

Last edited by Gearswinger; 09-19-2016 at 09:43 PM.
Gearswinger is offline  
Old 09-20-2016, 01:53 AM
  #6867  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Posts: 505
Default

Originally Posted by musketeer
I would love to see the stats on people in the US that want to live in NYC vs. those that don't. Your egos would implode. Or they wouldn't, I guess; because that isn't how narcissism works.
I'd love to live in NYC...... If I made over 7 figures a year.
WhiskeyKilo is offline  
Old 09-20-2016, 01:54 AM
  #6868  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Avroman's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: FIRE ALPA
Posts: 3,093
Default

Originally Posted by ebuhoner
Been at 9E for 5 months. I have to admit that envoy got my attention and I gave it some thought and discussed it with my family. After a couple of days we just came to the conclusion that its better to stay put. Slightly better pay and specially the flow was very tempting, but not enough to make a lateral move for me. I like it here at 9E a lot and I think this is a great company to work for... I also hope they work on something in the next few months to keep atracting new hires and keep me motivated to work here. I personally think Delta should give the flow a second thought.

If I was still a cfi Today not knowing much about work rules and looking for a job today, envoy or psa would probably be my top 2 choices.... Flow beats interview and 58k beats 50k a year. Plain and simple.

I dont know how the QOL is at envoy or psa, but based on these forums, is not very good. That is a big plus for 9E, which I think has excellent work rules except for reserve (Which I didnt really care cause only did it for 1 month)... On October I have over 20 days off and weekends off as a line holder. That is hard to beat, specially if I have been here only 5 months.
Oh boy, I guess you will never plan on upgrading, or having junior guys bid out/quit and fall back on reserve....
Avroman is offline  
Old 09-20-2016, 01:58 AM
  #6869  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Avroman's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: FIRE ALPA
Posts: 3,093
Default

Originally Posted by Edgecrusher28
I have called CS a few times when I think this is happening and here is what I have found out. For P2 and P3 RR shifts, I was informed that you must be overnight-able. So perhaps, those junior to you only have one day remaining on their reserve block and cannot be assigned RR for the above reserve periods. Second case was the junior reserve pilot was not contactable the day prior and they stick you with the RR shift and leave the junior pilot on home reserve. Another; more questionable scenario I was given is as follows. A junior reserve pilot was given an assignment( I choose last out as a preference) and I was then assigned RR due to pecking order. For whatever reason the once given assignment was removed and that pilot was placed back on home reserve even though I was still showing P1 RR. Scheduling said that is just a bad break and they couldn't change it for whatever technical/contractual reasons.
Nowhere in the contract does it allow them to skip a P2 (P3 was allowed in an LOA) because they are not overnightable. Some how this has just become scheduling's policy with nothing to back it up.
As for the last scenario, yea it's b.s. once given an assignment (RR is considered a trip) they won't just remove it.. it only gets removed if it benefits them or there is something overriding in the contract (a lineholder picking up for open time that was processed after reserve assignments for example)
Avroman is offline  
Old 09-20-2016, 03:07 AM
  #6870  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FreightWasScary's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: CA
Posts: 170
Default

FO's Bi***ing about being on reserve 3-9 months and upgrade in 9-16 months. Wow times have changed. Stop complaining, if you want to go to envoy go ahead nobody is stoping you. You're just dumb to leave this place right now. The 900 captain side has had guys on reserve for a while now which sucks but in time as upgrades increase all will be well.
FreightWasScary is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StraightShooter
Endeavor Air
124
06-26-2023 10:23 AM
WARich
Delta
11220
06-10-2020 07:42 AM
Crash
Major
3437
01-30-2013 06:51 PM
shua757
Major
2
02-24-2009 06:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices