Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2019, 01:45 PM   #21  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilledPilot View Post
I do not understand what the whole fus about 170 is? Great to have order of new aircrafts, it's always a good sign, but to choose company based on the type they fly is crazy.(my opinion)
121 jet time is 121 jet time.
I personally came to xjt so I can fly with experienced captains on the type, not the guys trying to figure it out after flying it for 300-1000h in some cases.
For me that 170 award would probably not be a welcomed thing.
And you, Grashopper, have learned the first lesson.
Blackhawk is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 02:16 PM   #22  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: 'Van Driver
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilledPilot View Post
I do not understand what the whole fus about 170 is? Great to have order of new aircrafts, it's always a good sign, but to choose company based on the type they fly is crazy.(my opinion)
121 jet time is 121 jet time.
I personally came to xjt so I can fly with experienced captains on the type, not the guys trying to figure it out after flying it for 300-1000h in some cases.
For me that 170 award would probably not be a welcomed thing.
That's one smart pilot right there! I'd wager that a 170/190 type rating probably won't be of much use in this country anyways after AA and Jetblue dump their 190s if the majors/LCCs are someone's ultimate goal . . . overseas is a different story.

My apologies in advance for asking this question and derailing the thread a little . . . . which one of the XJT bases has the most experienced captains yet is junior enough on the FO side to be attainable right after initial training?
DreFlyer is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 02:38 PM   #23  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2016
Posts: 541
Default

All the bases have experienced captains and you can basically hold any base in short order at this point.
Arliss is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 02:55 PM   #24  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,659
Default

Other advantages of the -145 as a new hire.
1. If you move on to the -175 later thatís two type ratings. More type ratings normally more better.
2. Greater chance of upgrading in the -145 first so might as well fly it as an FO first.
3. Iím pretty sure the -145 is the same type as the Legacy. That may (or may not), help later.
Blackhawk is offline  
Old 03-26-2019, 04:30 AM   #25  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: Reclined seat
Posts: 548
Default

175's will be delivered in early April, but start revenue service in June. We get them in early April to do acceptance checks and proving flights with the first few check airman.



As far as ORD goes, there is going to be a second 175 base that should be announced soon. Speaking with some of the higher management, it was alluded to being ORD, but they weren't "100%" positive.
wmupilot85 is offline  
Old 03-26-2019, 10:35 AM   #26  
Gets Weekends Off
 
majorpilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2018
Position: Part 135 / CFI-I / FAST-carded formation pilot
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post

Iím pretty sure the -145 is the same type as the Legacy. That may (or may not), help later.

100% Correct!
majorpilot is offline  
Old 03-29-2019, 07:45 PM   #27  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: Shuttle Door Gunner: USSF
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilledPilot View Post
I do not understand what the whole fus about 170 is? Great to have order of new aircrafts, it's always a good sign, but to choose company based on the type they fly is crazy.(my opinion)
121 jet time is 121 jet time.
I personally came to xjt so I can fly with experienced captains on the type, not the guys trying to figure it out after flying it for 300-1000h in some cases.
For me that 170 award would probably not be a welcomed thing.

This ^^^^

Many CFI's at my university are wanting to go to ExpressJet since IAH is close and ya'll are getting the new jets. Shiny jet syndrome.
FlyingDawgg is offline  
Old 03-30-2019, 01:07 PM   #28  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDawgg View Post
This ^^^^

Many CFI's at my university are wanting to go to ExpressJet since IAH is close and ya'll are getting the new jets. Shiny jet syndrome.
The importance of the 175s is the refleeting and investment into the future of the company part. Thatís very important and not to be underestimated. But yes, for new hires and junior pilots, youíre better off on the 145 for quality of life and probably an earlier upgrade time.
da42pilot is offline  
Old 03-30-2019, 01:42 PM   #29  
Line Holder
 
MooseAg03's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Posts: 93
Default

I flew on a 175 to my interview, and it was definitely not a short hop from the northeast to IAH. It was quite comfortable for a ďregionalĒ jet. I can see the appeal for it to replace the smaller airplanes. Iím hoping I wonít be at XJT long, but I do hope to be able to fly the 175 at some point.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MooseAg03 is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 03:39 AM   #30  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseAg03 View Post
I flew on a 175 to my interview, and it was definitely not a short hop from the northeast to IAH. It was quite comfortable for a ďregionalĒ jet. I can see the appeal for it to replace the smaller airplanes. Iím hoping I wonít be at XJT long, but I do hope to be able to fly the 175 at some point.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have to get hired first
Melit is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prairie Air Service KennyG1700 Flight Schools and Training 40 08-01-2019 12:53 AM
Crew Companion Questions UAL T38 Phlyer United 8 01-25-2016 09:42 AM
logging PIC question Time2Fly Corporate 38 08-11-2010 09:17 PM
King Air B-200 Question wmuflyboy Flight Schools and Training 29 05-30-2009 08:40 PM
Flight time restriction: need clarification/informal poll MrBigAir Aviation Law 21 11-06-2008 08:00 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:47 AM.