Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2020, 08:04 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
PreciousCargo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2019
Posts: 125
Default parking at IAH

Hey guys I'm new to this game and was given then the suggestion to post this here (I fly for GoJet). I could use some help with parking at IAH. I commute out of there to ORD and I have been paying for the cheapest parking I can find. Costing me about 40$ a trip. If anyone can tell me how i can alleviate the cost of this by pointing me in the right direction with a contact or a process I would appreciate it. I've called some of the parking places there and they are of no help. Thanks
PreciousCargo is offline  
Old 08-09-2020, 08:21 PM   #2  
On Reserve
 
legacysaretough's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2019
Posts: 10
Default

Park at the Sheraton on jfk
legacysaretough is offline  
Old 08-09-2020, 08:32 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Flydafe's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2019
Posts: 241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousCargo View Post
Hey guys I'm new to this game and was given then the suggestion to post this here (I fly for GoJet). I could use some help with parking at IAH. I commute out of there to ORD and I have been paying for the cheapest parking I can find. Costing me about 40$ a trip. If anyone can tell me how i can alleviate the cost of this by pointing me in the right direction with a contact or a process I would appreciate it. I've called some of the parking places there and they are of no help. Thanks
park for free at the employee parking lot off of greens road
Flydafe is offline  
Old 08-09-2020, 09:02 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
PreciousCargo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2019
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacysaretough View Post
Park at the Sheraton on jfk
Will I have take the shuttle from there and will they give me any issues cause I'm not staying there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
PreciousCargo is offline  
Old 08-09-2020, 09:13 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
PreciousCargo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2019
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flydafe View Post
park for free at the employee parking lot off of greens road
Dont I need a tag or something for this? If so is there a # or email I can get from you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
PreciousCargo is offline  
Old 08-10-2020, 04:33 AM   #6  
On Reserve
 
thundrchikn172's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousCargo View Post
Dont I need a tag or something for this? If so is there a # or email I can get from you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
waive your crew badge at the attendant he will let you in
thundrchikn172 is offline  
Old 08-10-2020, 05:20 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ReadOnly7's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2019
Posts: 799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrchikn172 View Post
waive your crew badge at the attendant he will let you in
umm...no, that won’t work. Maybe once or twice, but you will be asked for your employer number and most likely your badge will be recognized as a carrier who doesn’t park there. The attendants aren’t Mensa members, but they’re not stupid.
ReadOnly7 is offline  
Old 08-10-2020, 05:37 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
dead meat's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Posts: 193
Default

I don't commute out of IAH but the companies I have flown for gave me a letter that I took to the airport employee parking office. With that, I was able to get access to the employee parking lot. Depending on the airport, it cost $50-100 a month. I would check with your company about getting a similar letter and go from there.
dead meat is offline  
Old 08-10-2020, 09:44 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
SeeYa's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2019
Posts: 170
Default

If you do park at the Sheraton, try to park under a light. Cars have been known to get broken into in that lot
SeeYa is offline  
Old 08-10-2020, 06:41 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Flydafe's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2019
Posts: 241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousCargo View Post
Dont I need a tag or something for this? If so is there a # or email I can get from you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
flash your lights they’ll let you in. Show your badge and park. My Xjt badge hasn’t worked for almost a year and haven’t had an issue
Flydafe is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Parking Options DFW? CrowneVic Envoy Airlines 6 03-19-2018 03:31 PM
IAH commuter parking Naviator Envoy Airlines 3 03-05-2018 09:41 PM
IAH Parking FlyJSH Major 3 08-18-2013 12:51 PM
DCA Parking Pass mbw119 Regional 0 09-28-2011 12:04 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:30 PM.