Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2019, 05:13 PM   #41  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 252
Default

But they can go as low as 3200 TT with 1100 TPIC, no LCA. It just really depends on everything else in your resume. Fedex truly hires well-rounded candidates with volunteer work, higher GPAs, etc.
middies10 is offline  
Old 01-08-2019, 08:43 PM   #42  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 24
Default

Where would you put volunteer work on the application?
Micolay is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 09:07 AM   #43  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micolay View Post
Where would you put volunteer work on the application?

I am not familiar with the new application process. Does it allow you to upload a resume. The frustration with the new application is resounding.
middies10 is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 09:58 AM   #44  
Line Holder
 
opas76's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: EMB-145 CA
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micolay View Post
Where would you put volunteer work on the application?
I included volunteer work under my resume.
opas76 is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 08:18 PM   #45  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Adlerdriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain
Posts: 3,276
Default

Did anyone happen to notice the 7 Jan new hire class picture? Interesting "new hire" on the far right.
Adlerdriver is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 08:28 PM   #46  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: MD-11/C-17
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
Did anyone happen to notice the 7 Jan new hire class picture? Interesting "new hire" on the far right.
Help me out here, I fail to see why all the outrage. This was the case at my last company as well and doesn’t seem odd to me. So long as he pays 1.95% I’d rather have a VP that’s on the seniority list and has a vested interest in the success of the pilot group than one who is not.
Moosefire is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:25 PM   #47  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Adlerdriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain
Posts: 3,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosefire View Post
Help me out here, I fail to see why all the outrage.
You help me out first. Did I express outrage? I made mention of the event and said it was interesting. Why would anyone be outraged over it?
Adlerdriver is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:48 PM   #48  
Organizational Learning 
 
TonyC's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner
Posts: 4,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosefire View Post

Help me out here, I fail to see why all the outrage. This was the case at my last company as well and doesn’t seem odd to me. So long as he pays 1.95% I’d rather have a VP that’s on the seniority list and has a vested interest in the success of the pilot group than one who is not.

I'm only paying 1.9%.

I wanna know when he took the COG test and the SBI. Is he on probation now? Will he have to go through the 6-month probation review?

We've never had a non-seniority number holding pilot in his position, and I don't fancy the idea of handing out seniority numbers like candy. Let's wait and see what happens when he decides he wants to be a wide-body captain.


Please explain to me how his cute trick gives him any vested interest in us. It won't affect his compensation, and he'll still be on the other side of the table during CBA negotiations. Pretending to be a line pilot won't change a thing, other than fooling the naive.






.
TonyC is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 05:09 AM   #49  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
I'm only paying 1.9%.

I wanna know when he took the COG test and the SBI. Is he on probation now? Will he have to go through the 6-month probation review?

We've never had a non-seniority number holding pilot in his position, and I don't fancy the idea of handing out seniority numbers like candy. Let's wait and see what happens when he decides he wants to be a wide-body captain.


Please explain to me how his cute trick gives him any vested interest in us. It won't affect his compensation, and he'll still be on the other side of the table during CBA negotiations. Pretending to be a line pilot won't change a thing, other than fooling the naive.






.
For the record his seniority number coincides with his Jan 7 start date.
middies10 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 05:36 AM   #50  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Anthrax's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2013
Posts: 214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by middies10 View Post
For the record his seniority number coincides with his Jan 7 start date.
the litmus test will be at peak when he is or isnít night hub turning. You hear that, champ? You and me with two a.m. legs out and two in for an entire month. Letís see how that new-hire smile holds up.
Anthrax is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fedex lessons ⌐ AV8OR WANNABE Cargo 22 06-04-2008 01:16 PM
FedEx Companies vagabond Cargo 15 03-18-2007 03:50 PM
FedEx to Modernize Retirement Plans?!?!?!?! angry tanker Cargo 91 03-08-2007 08:56 AM
FedEx profits jump 51% SWAjet Major 0 03-17-2005 05:36 PM
FedEx Starts Daily Frankfurt-Shanghai RockBottom Major 0 03-05-2005 04:12 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:33 PM.