Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2019, 06:10 PM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Retired
Posts: 3,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDawg View Post
Donít wrap it before you slide it in? Thatís a new one.
Except in Asia. And Paris, France.
Jetjok is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 06:41 PM   #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Posts: 251
Default I thought it was only me.

Thanks for this post. I thought I was the only one that got ****ed off over such a small thing. This drives me absolutely bat**** crazy. I have no idea who does it.........maybe an over zealous professional RFO or Maintenance. Either way, it's irritating to have to remove the tinfoil on EVERY flight just to get the oven to work correctly. Small $hit? Yes, but at least now I know I'm not the only anal retentive old dude who gets spun up over the small stuff.
Dakota is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 06:51 PM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
iHateAMR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: FO
Posts: 136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Thanks for this post. I thought I was the only one that got ****ed off over such a small thing. This drives me absolutely bat**** crazy. I have no idea who does it.........maybe an over zealous professional RFO or Maintenance. Either way, it's irritating to have to remove the tinfoil on EVERY flight just to get the oven to work correctly. Small $hit? Yes, but at least now I know I'm not the only anal retentive old dude who gets spun up over the small stuff.
You know thereís hungry kids in india without an oven. (Never mind the fact that they have a satellite dish)
iHateAMR is offline  
Old 05-13-2019, 03:37 AM   #14  
All is fine at .79
 
TiredSoul's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot
Posts: 1,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Thanks for this post. I thought I was the only one that got ****ed off over such a small thing. This drives me absolutely bat**** crazy. I have no idea who does it.........maybe an over zealous professional RFO or Maintenance. Either way, it's irritating to have to remove the tinfoil on EVERY flight just to get the oven to work correctly. Small $hit? Yes, but at least now I know I'm not the only anal retentive old dude who gets spun up over the small stuff.
Iím sure $300k+/yr helps you cope....
TiredSoul is online now  
Old 05-13-2019, 08:16 AM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Albief15's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 2,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateAMR View Post
You know thereís hungry kids in india without an oven. (Never mind the fact that they have a satellite dish)
There are hungry pilots on FedEx 767s in Asia eating cold sandwiches and veggies trays as well. I actually got excited back in March when I was due to fly one of our jets equipped with the oven, and eagerly ordered a hot meal like I used to do on the MD-11. Alas...the day prior an equipment change occurred. More cold tuna...

So yeah...cue the violins. And yes...tired soul....we do gut through the tragedy, but most of us are closer to 400k than 300k at the end of the year.

What I have learned is that a hot meal on a 7-10 hour duty period is a nice morale boost. I have no idea why someone decided to remove the ovens from some jets in the first place, but even a deli plate sandwich is a bit nicer after 15 minutes warming in the oven.
Albief15 is offline  
Old 05-13-2019, 12:00 PM   #16  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Overnitefr8's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: 767 CA
Posts: 1,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
There are hungry pilots on FedEx 767s in Asia eating cold sandwiches and veggies trays as well. I actually got excited back in March when I was due to fly one of our jets equipped with the oven, and eagerly ordered a hot meal like I used to do on the MD-11. Alas...the day prior an equipment change occurred. More cold tuna...
At least they didn't keep the hot meal on the flight with no way of warming it up.
Overnitefr8 is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 08:50 AM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Posts: 251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
I’m sure $300k+/yr helps you cope....

Sadly, I've NEVER made that much as an FO. But then again, I always protect min days off and use all of my vacation. My own fault.
Dakota is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 07:02 PM   #18  
All is fine at .79
 
TiredSoul's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot
Posts: 1,813
Default

TiredSoul is online now  
Old 05-18-2019, 04:09 AM   #19  
Not a real airline pilot
 
DirtyPurple's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2016
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
Don't you belong somewhere else with all your sage knowledge? Welcome to my blocked list.
DirtyPurple is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fedex lessons ⌐ AV8OR WANNABE Cargo 22 06-04-2008 01:16 PM
FedEx Companies vagabond Cargo 15 03-18-2007 03:50 PM
FedEx to Modernize Retirement Plans?!?!?!?! angry tanker Cargo 91 03-08-2007 08:56 AM
FedEx profits jump 51% SWAjet Major 0 03-17-2005 05:36 PM
FedEx Starts Daily Frankfurt-Shanghai RockBottom Major 0 03-05-2005 04:12 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:18 AM.